Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess this where all those folks talked crap to me that my time spent in the military and dod doesn' matter, my EOD is 8/10/14 and my SCD 2/2/2000.

Comment

• Rmodel1965
      Rmodel1965 commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't think think it matters for seniority in bidding posts..it does matter for years of government service for how many hours of leave and retirement purposes...

• Trax_XLT
      Trax_XLT commented
      Editing a comment
      Well that depends. I believe both prior military and civil service count's toward RIF. https://ask.fedweek.com/federal-gove...tion-in-force/
      Last edited by Trax_XLT; 01-26-2018, 08:06 PM.

• I would suggest if your trying to get on to still apply, as I received my firm offer yesterday and will be starting in Feb! So you never know when your number is called even if the process will be slower.

Comment

• Rmodel1965
      Rmodel1965 commented
      Editing a comment
      Where you gonna be stationed at?

• 17Jeep
      17Jeep commented
      Editing a comment
      Yazoo City, gonna be an 1100 mile move so I hope it’s worth it.

• Trax_XLT
      Trax_XLT commented
      Editing a comment
      Congratulations!

• Rmodel1965
      Rmodel1965 commented
      Editing a comment
      I just moved 1000 miles from pollock to oxford. Which puts me 1200 from the house now

• Would anyone know if Yazoo still needs officers? I updated my app not too long ago to make Yazoo my first choice and Florence my second, but I just hope that I didn't miss a window of opportunity.

Comment

• Originally posted by A300! View Post
      Would anyone know if Yazoo still needs officers? I updated my app not too long ago to make Yazoo my first choice and Florence my second, but I just hope that I didn't miss a window of opportunity.
      You will probably be ok. Yazoo if hurting for staff

Comment

• Originally posted by in625shooter View Post

You will probably be ok. Yazoo if hurting for staff
        Thanks for the input. I just hope I will be contacted soon.

Comment

• Has anyone in the AZ region with AZ geo preference had any activity with their app or updates? I hear BOP isn't really hiring externals ATM and I can imagine especially with the Federal Gov shutdown crisis going on...
          USAFR
          A1C
          2A3x3
          924th MXS

"A clean record doesn't equate to a clean cop and a bad record doesn't equate to a bad cop."

"Man is neither angel nor beast; and the misfortune is that he who would act the angel acts the beast."

-Matthew 5:9
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Sheepdog480 View Post
            Has anyone in the AZ region with AZ geo preference had any activity with their app or updates? I hear BOP isn't really hiring externals ATM and I can imagine especially with the Federal Gov shutdown crisis going on...
            It's intermittently done. The cuts were in the works before the shutdown and are a whole separate issue. While the Union is spinning it basically there was a need to restructure a lot. BOP has had a target on their back for years. Good news with the re released Manning most places are almost there and have been working without those numbers.

While there might be some rough seas for a min or 2 when it clears it will be somewhat back to normal.

About any FCC will have more of a chance to get on but anyone's best bet right now is Yazoo.

Good Luck

Comment

• Originally posted by in625shooter View Post

It's intermittently done. The cuts were in the works before the shutdown and are a whole separate issue. While the Union is spinning it basically there was a need to restructure a lot. BOP has had a target on their back for years. Good news with the re released Manning most places are almost there and have been working without those numbers.

While there might be some rough seas for a min or 2 when it clears it will be somewhat back to normal.

About any FCC will have more of a chance to get on but anyone's best bet right now is Yazoo.

Good Luck
              Also, FCC Florence has 110 vacant custody positions complex-wide. 50 at the USP, 30 at the FCI, and 30 at the ADX. However, we are only authorized to hire 18 positions total(every department included). OT is off the charts(not including bang-ins, suicide watch assignments, emergency med trips, etc) and will be for the forseeable future.

Comment

• Originally posted by Misco Jones View Post

Also, FCC Florence has 110 vacant custody positions complex-wide. 50 at the USP, 30 at the FCI, and 30 at the ADX. However, we are only authorized to hire 18 positions total(every department included). OT is off the charts(not including bang-ins, suicide watch assignments, emergency med trips, etc) and will be for the forseeable future.
                Our OT was off the hook as a stand alone USP 18 years ago and has never slowed up when we became a complex in 2005. You can break 100K if you want. One Officer made 140K. It's there if you want but with the reductions the OT is starting a little bit everywhere now.

Comment

• Quick question. Which “tier” Public Trust Background do we possess? Tier 2 (moderate risk) or Tier 4 (high risk)? Thanks...

Comment

• Does anyone know the needs of the facilities that offer recruitment incentives? It would seem that those facilities would have an even greater need for officers so would it make sense to put those places as you first and second choice or is it still better to stick to Yazoo?

Comment

• Originally posted by A300! View Post
                      Does anyone know the needs of the facilities that offer recruitment incentives? It would seem that those facilities would have an even greater need for officers so would it make sense to put those places as you first and second choice or is it still better to stick to Yazoo?
                      I heard that Dublin is going to gain up to 10 new officers. Although I'm pretty sure some of those will be transfers though.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10115 users online. 370 members and 9745 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X