300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by in625shooter View Post
    If people were announce for promotions they are good, we had some folks that started in iF and they are good. But from the way it was briefed (more details to come later) they are not filling most of the open jobs u til the institution or complexes get below the new Manning level.

They have yet to pull any job announcement but again not 100% sure if they won't fill some of those.

They will continue to post and hire Trust Fund supervisor, commissary and unicore positions due to those not being held against an institutios number and they are self sustainable as in commissary and unicore profits pay for them.

Gonna be a interesting ride. Glad I'm 2 years to the door
    Sounds like its going to be a long ride. Sounds like they won't hire externals for a long time.

Comment

• Originally posted by myman12 View Post

Sounds like its going to be a long ride. Sounds like they won't hire externals for a long time.
      Smoke has yet to clear and this is pretty fresh info all of which hasn't been relayed. My advise if your trying to get in is keep your app active for the open continuous announcement and renew it in March when it starts over. Because you never know. There was a hiring freeze with BOP for like 2 years back on 1997. They hired one or two folks but if you look there is a large gap of those years on the seniority roster.

Comment

• Shooter do you think since Yazoo city was below staffing and had announced under email that they were hiring that they'll go through with hiring externally or freeze up again?

Comment

• Originally posted by 17Jeep View Post
          Shooter do you think since Yazoo city was below staffing and had announced under email that they were hiring that they'll go through with hiring externally or freeze up again?
          We are on new ground so I don't want to speculate. They can hire but they have basically redid the Manning matrix for each institution so most have more staff than the new allowed position. No one is getting RIF but those over can't hire til they get below the new Manning level. So I'd say Yazoo will still be posting some.

Comment

• Originally posted by in625shooter View Post

The news from yesterday (an this is under related to the weekend shutdown as this was already being looked at) they are not filling most vacancies. And they have cut X number of staff from each roster. And by cut I mean they are not filling spots and if an institution is over as people retire they are not filling spots. No one is getting RIF but they are reducing the numbers of staff for the immediate future.

There will be more info coming out this week.
            I've been out with the flu. No access to Sallyport. Can you please give more update? I haven't heard anything being at home. Thanks.

Comment

• Reducing staff BOP wide by -15%.
              -1900 CO spots (from the current numbers, not what's allotted).
              -4100 other positions (less non-custody people to take overtimes and be augmented).
              But, an increase in +$150 mil. for salaries, so at least the money is there.

When I left USP Florence, they were averaging 2-3 mandatory overtimes per shift, and that's a low average. Sometimes, the entire M/W shift would get forced to stay. Have a friend at Coleman who has the same problems.

And here's the DOJ link:
              https://www.justice.gov/jmd/page/file/968276/download

Comment

• uhm is this a new thing?!?!?! Because I'm actually trying to get in.

Comment

• This is part of the reason for the government shutdown - hashing out budgets for agencies. So, they're either going to hire to capacity or cut 1900 from the current CO numbers, which would be brutal.

Comment

• Does that mean location closures, RIF's, and/or increased attrition? Dropping over 6k positions with 2k in custody is not a good sign!

Comment

• Co0311
                      Co0311 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Ya, some of that is letting retirement take its course.

• It means crazy amounts of overtime so they aren't gonna save anything. We are 5 down in my dept right now. There is nearly unlimited overtime.

Comment

• Co0311
                      Co0311 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Ya that's tough to calculate. One guy at the USP took in about $120k the other year in overtime. But that was 4-5 OT shifts a week.

• Trax_XLT
                      Trax_XLT commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Co0311, how is that even humanly possible?

• bolo1187
                      bolo1187 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      We had a Hack work over 1500 hrs of OT last year. That's $60k in just OT if you are a stepped out 8. So if you really want it this is the year to do it.

• Rmodel1965
                      Rmodel1965 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      We had compressed schedule's when I was at pollock that was 2 16s and an 8. So you were off 4 days a week. You could kill some overtime with that shift

• How on earth can they conclude we need to reduce by 1900 COs?

This might explain things:
                    http://www.govexec.com/management/20...vexec_today_nl
                    Last edited by Signal108M; 01-26-2018, 08:27 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Signal108M View Post
                      How on earth can they conclude we need to reduce by 1900 COs?

why am i not surprised
                      officially sworn into the Us Marine Corps, going in with an 03 contract leave for bootcamp on January 9th

Comment

• Does this mean layoffs or just not replacing guys leaving?

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnnyUtah1989 View Post
                          Does this mean layoffs or just not replacing guys leaving?
                          No plans for Reduction-in-Force (RIF = gov't term for layoffs); just not filling vacant positions, either now or when they do become vacant in the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by Signal108M View Post
                            How on earth can they conclude we need to reduce by 1900 COs?

We have already been operating with less as the last year my complex has only hired 5 officers. With the new compliment we are almost there since they have filled very little positions the last year

If they are smart about it they can do it with minimal issues or added O/T to what already is happening and I look for Official Time to go, DFT assignments if any are gone etc.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7438 users online. 267 members and 7171 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X