Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When you get a firm offer does it come via email or do they mail you a letter?

Comment

• I got an OF-5 for a FCI in Cumberland, MD, turned it down due to it taking over 3 hrs to drive
      Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
      USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
      "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
      Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

• Rmodel1965
        Rmodel1965 commented
        Editing a comment
        I drove 12 hours for my interview. They didn't do any interviews at another institution closer even though one was 35 miles from my house. But it got me in...

• Originally posted by 17Jeep View Post
      When you get a firm offer does it come via email or do they mail you a letter?
      I got everything in one day but I got hired at a complex

Comment

• 17Jeep
        17Jeep commented
        Editing a comment
        When I went for my interview I did everything except the eqip. On the conditional offer letter they gave me it says to stand by on giving a two week notice until you get a firm offer I would assume the firm offer has the entry start date.

• Originally posted by J2H View Post
      I got an OF-5 for a FCI in Cumberland, MD, turned it down due to it taking over 3 hrs to drive
      Dang man 3 hours isn't nothing. When did you get the Of-5 from there?

Comment

• About a week ago. Can't afford another move even for LE retirement
        USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
        "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman

Comment

About a week ago. Can't afford another move even for LE retirement
          Oh so you already in BOP? That would explain that.

Comment

• No, not BOP, DoD LE
            USAF VETERAN 2004-2012

Comment

• moquito26
              moquito26 commented
              Editing a comment
              Me too, what base you at? I'm in the process for customs but BOP is my backup. I've been a gs-6 for the air force for the last almost 8 years and looking for somewhere that has better retirement.

• Anybody know if Yazoo City has a retention bonus?

Comment

• 17Jeep
              17Jeep commented
              Editing a comment
              As far as I know when I interviewed and did all my paperwork they didn’t mention anything about a bonus.

• Rmodel1965
              Rmodel1965 commented
              Editing a comment
              It would say in the posting. Last I looked herlong etc were listed but not yazoo

No, not BOP, DoD LE
            Ok that make sense why you had the interview.

Comment

• Does anyone know how the shutdown would affect new hires or us going through the process?

Comment

• I am trying to figure this out as well, but because I applied for two Dept of the Army positions (Sergeant, and Police)
                USAF VETERAN 2004-2012

Comment

• Originally posted by 17Jeep View Post
                  Does anyone know how the shutdown would affect new hires or us going through the process?
                  In the past they sent folks at Glynco home and suspended any admin stuff from going forward. Staff still reports for work and have to still complete their jobs etc. As far as those going through the hiring process it might get slowed down but it's slow anyway.

In the last big one (2013) they directed everyone on annual leave to return to the institution. I have been off so not sure what e nails on it await. I'm sure the standard warnings that everyone still needs to show up to work since we are in the essential LE category.

Comment

• I've been showing up as well (essential), but no idea about being paid or if they will still be doing the internal vacancy hiring
                    USAF VETERAN 2004-2012

Comment

I've been showing up as well (essential), but no idea about being paid or if they will still be doing the internal vacancy hiring
                      The news from yesterday (an this is under related to the weekend shutdown as this was already being looked at) they are not filling most vacancies. And they have cut X number of staff from each roster. And by cut I mean they are not filling spots and if an institution is over as people retire they are not filling spots. No one is getting RIF but they are reducing the numbers of staff for the immediate future.

There will be more info coming out this week.

Comment

• bolo1187
                        bolo1187 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        We had 2 officers that were supposed to start on monday and have already been let go. We are currently short 24 hack positions but being told we have to reduce 37 positions.

• If people were announce for promotions they are good, we had some folks that started in iF and they are good. But from the way it was briefed (more details to come later) they are not filling most of the open jobs u til the institution or complexes get below the new Manning level.

They have yet to pull any job announcement but again not 100% sure if they won't fill some of those.

They will continue to post and hire Trust Fund supervisor, commissary and unicore positions due to those not being held against an institutios number and they are self sustainable as in commissary and unicore profits pay for them.

Gonna be a interesting ride. Glad I'm 2 years to the door

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4776 users online. 238 members and 4538 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X