Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To my brothers and sisters who came to work yesterday and/or today as scheduled, who didn't cause others to get mandatoried to stay over, thank you. To you who honored their oath as a civil servant and reported for duty as scheduled, not banging-in due to sudden onset of indigestion, thank you. Stay safe, watch each other's backs, and Happy Holidays.

Comment

• dox1842
      dox1842 commented
      Editing a comment
      Happy Holidays. I covered down for someone that I knew would bang in so that one of my co-workers wouldnt get mando'd. I wish people would realise that when you bang in on holidays you arent sticking it to the Bureau or to management, you are sticking it to your co-workers

• Merry Christmas and happy holidays. I was happy my relief came in.

S/N is their any wear I can get a fbop decal for my car?

Comment

• Originally posted by Newbie17 View Post
      Merry Christmas and happy holidays. I was happy my relief came in.

S/N is their any wear I can get a fbop decal for my car?
      Respectfully, if you want to increase the chance of your car getting vandalized you can go to any of the VIP vendors, bopmeyers, or Sally's cop shop online. But I'd recommend against over the display on vehicles and save the stickers and such for dens, fun safes etc.

Comment

• Lol. We was told that about our uniforms but we have no where to change before going home.

Comment

• Rmodel1965
          Rmodel1965 commented
          Editing a comment
          Wear an undershirt and pull the uniform shift off. Gtg although I never did that unless I was at the pen wearing a vest then I took that off as fast as I could because of the heat

Lol. We was told that about our uniforms but we have no where to change before going home.
        The new uniforms are I think a little more professional than the last 2 (yes I'm that old) and the polo is ore incognito so it's not really an issue for most places. And at least with the soon to be fun lockers you won't be as vulnerable.

Comment

• I agree, the new uniforms are a good improvement in both looks and quality. I can remember yellow shirts, white shirts, and gray shirts along with maroon ties and gray slacks. God awful! We have come a long way in the uniform department.

Comment

• Lol. Guess I came in at a good time. Heard about these lockers. So we able to lock up our personals and firearm if you carry to work.

Comment

Lol. Guess I came in at a good time. Heard about these lockers. So we able to lock up our personals and firearm if you carry to work.
              Yes, BOP announced they we're reversing policy and coming up with an area for staff to secure personal firearms they carry off duty to and from work. Nothing else since that announcement but should be coming at some point.

Comment

• Originally posted by in625shooter View Post

Yes, BOP announced they we're reversing policy and coming up with an area for staff to secure personal firearms they carry off duty to and from work. Nothing else since that announcement but should be coming at some point.
                Is this a brand-new announcement which indicates BOP will provide an on-site area to secure personal firearms? If so I must have missed it on sallyport. Or are you referring to the announcement which came out a few months ago, which indicated we will be able to secure our personal firearm in our vehicle in a BOP-approved strongbox?

Comment

• Originally posted by Signal108M View Post

Is this a brand-new announcement which indicates BOP will provide an on-site area to secure personal firearms? If so I must have missed it on sallyport. Or are you referring to the announcement which came out a few months ago, which indicated we will be able to secure our personal firearm in our vehicle in a BOP-approved strongbox?
                  I'm referring about a few months ago the night before Congress and Senate we're passing the Thin Blue Line act which forced BOP to reverse policy.

It seems like there has been a delay on everything when we were waiting for a new Director. No one wanted to make a decision. Now that the Director has been at the helm moves are picking up and you will see more information come out. Things are starting to happen.

I'm not aware of any other announcement on it.
                  Last edited by in625shooter; 12-27-2017, 09:50 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by in625shooter View Post

I'm referring about a few months ago the night before Congress and Senate we're passing the Thin Blue Line act which forced BOP to reverse policy.

It seems like there has been a delay on everything when we were waiting for a new Director. No one wanted to make a decision. Now that the Director has been at the helm moves are picking up and you will see more information come out. Things are starting to happen.

I'm not aware of any other announcement on it.
                    GTG, thanks!

Comment

• Good morning What’s the website so I can check my paystub from
                      home?

Comment

• How would i go about applying for a position with BOP?, and i am assuming they honor Veteran preference since its a Federal job ?
                      Yonkers Police Exam
                      Date: 3/26/2014
                      Score: 90
                      List: Zone 3
                      Agility Test: 5/1/2016 - (Passed)

NYC DOC Exam 6315
                      Date: 1/9/2016
                      Score: 9X.X%
                      List: 1XX
                      Orientation: 6/24/16
                      Medical:6/24/16
                      Agility:7/9/16
                      Written Psych:8/2/16
                      Oral Psych:
                      PE:

Environmental Police Officer Exam 6316
                      Date: 6/8/16
                      Score: 9X.X%

*US Army Veteran~2nd Cavalry Regiment*

Comment

• themoj0
                        themoj0 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        USAJOBS there is a current posting now

• USAJOBS... they do honor vets pref
                      Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
                      USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
                      "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
                      Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

• dox1842
                        dox1842 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Many companies like to brag about hiring military but only the feds give vets pref.

• One thing I like about the feds is upward mobility and relocation. Very unique opportunity to get promoted and live in many different states!
                      Last edited by Trax_XLT; 01-06-2018, 09:02 PM.

Comment

• J2H
                        J2H commented
                        Editing a comment
                        In certain agencies... you can always apply somewhere else but not all have promotions or transfers.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11473 users online. 400 members and 11073 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X