Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by Fullblown; 12-23-2017, 01:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fullblown View Post
      In the academy, is the firearms qualification difficult? I wear glasses for distance would that be a problem?
      Don't worry about it. The basic qualification is a joke

Comment

• Originally posted by Newbie17 View Post
        I’m in a low/minimum facilty. We have two prisons and one camp
        I'm envious. I've been referred on USAJOBS to transfer to a low for the past 4 months. The hardest part of your job may be checking your roster on a daily basis.

Comment

• Originally posted by Misco Jones View Post

I'm envious. I've been referred on USAJOBS to transfer to a low for the past 4 months. The hardest part of your job may be checking your roster on a daily basis.

Be careful what you wish for. In my experience institutions with little to no inmate drama (like lows) have high staff on staff drama and he said she heard BS. So if your from a USP it can be a culture shock

Comment

• Originally posted by in625shooter View Post

Be careful what you wish for. In my experience institutions with little to no inmate drama (like lows) have high staff on staff drama and he said she heard BS. So if your from a USP it can be a culture shock
            This is very true. I went from two pens to a women's low. There is literally nothing going on besides staff drama. If you can stay out of that though, easiest money in the world.

Comment

It is all good. We have plenty of staff drama at my institution, plus the usual "who's getting hit on the yard" stuff to deal with on a daily basis. Has made for very interesting shifts throughout a short 2.5 yr timespan.

Comment

Don't worry about it. The basic qualification is a joke
                Im hearing the whole training is a joke? I

Comment

If you're talking about ICT phase 2 at Glynco, rest assured you WILL be sent home, unemployed, for academic failure. A guy there a few weeks ahead of my class found out about that the hard way. Also the pass/fail defensive tactics techniques demonstration is no cakewalk either. You have to know the moves.

Comment

• Originally posted by Signal108M View Post

If you're talking about ICT phase 2 at Glynco, rest assured you WILL be sent home, unemployed, for academic failure. A guy there a few weeks ahead of my class found out about that the hard way. Also the pass/fail defensive tactics techniques demonstration is no cakewalk either. You have to know the moves.
                    So it’s academic test. PAT and armed training? Is their a formal ceremony or anything

Comment

So it’s academic test. PAT and armed training? Is their a formal ceremony or anything
                      Yes, a formal graduation ceremony on the final day. And during the three weeks you're there, two academic tests (multiple choice questions), qualify on pistol, rifle, and shotgun along with demonstrating proper firing chamber clearing procedures, and PAT.
                      Last edited by Signal108M; 12-13-2017, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Yes, a formal graduation ceremony on the final day. And during the three weeks you're there, two academic tests (multiple choice questions), qualify on pistol, rifle, and shotgun along with demonstrating proper firing chamber clearing procedures, and PAT.
                        Is family allowed to come?

Comment

• What’s the minimum score needed to pass those test is it 70 percent like the CVS?

Comment

Is family allowed to come?
                            They can come, but at your personal unreimbursed expense. They cannot stay in your government-provided room.

See student handbook (and other helpful links) here: https://www.fletc.gov/glynco-student-info

Comment

If you've ever done a military boot camp then yeah it's a bit of a joke. But I did have 2 guys fail and get sent home because of the academic test. They weren't exactly the sharpest tools in the shed though.

Comment

The degree of difficulty of the coursework is not hard. However, you do have to apply yourself -especially with academics. Firearms is easy, but they will teach you the Bureau way with respect to fundamentals. DT is a joke but you will be evaluated on 13 moves(and must pass 10).

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7413 users online. 353 members and 7060 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X