Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watch your 6 and your partner's 6 at all times. Learn your inmates(gang affiliations, and who their shotcallers are). You will find out very quickly who is a good officer to learn from and who is not. When calling in a fight, call it in clear and concise(location, how many involved, weapons involved, OC deployed?)WITHOUT shouting on the radio. If it feels tense in your unit, especially between different races, do not hesitate to ask for more staff and munitions. You will see more violence in a year than most homesteaders at an FCI will have seen in 10.

Comment

• Do bop give out vest or do you have to purchase you’re own ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Misco Jones View Post
        Watch your 6 and your partner's 6 at all times. Learn your inmates(gang affiliations, and who their shotcallers are). You will find out very quickly who is a good officer to learn from and who is not. When calling in a fight, call it in clear and concise(location, how many involved, weapons involved, OC deployed?)WITHOUT shouting on the radio. If it feels tense in your unit, especially between different races, do not hesitate to ask for more staff and munitions. You will see more violence in a year than most homesteaders at an FCI will have seen in 10.
        Please let me endorse this advice. Do not shout or speak too quickly on the radio because 99% of the time it will come across garbled. Despite your adrenaline kicking in, force yourself to speak clearly and decisively on the radio. Yes I know, easier said than done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Newbie17 View Post
          Do bop give out vest or do you have to purchase you’re own ?
          BOP will issue a vest along with the carrier. If you're lucky you'll get the new external carrier. If not, you'll get the internal (under your shirt) carrier, and will be on the list for an external carrier in the future. I don't think vests are issued except at standalone USPs and complexes which include a USP. At present mediums don't require a vest to be worn, although the rumor mill says that's about to change.

Comment

• Also be consistent.Inmates respect consistency(for the most part). Your learning curve will be very quick. Don't bang in unnecessarily and get another staff member mandatoried. Be someone that is willing to learn and can take constructive criticism without displaying any sort of entitlement in your rookie year.

Comment

• Start day one of ICT phase 1. Few questions is the roster program able to access outside of work to check your schedule and what not. EPP is I believe. I also wanted to know what you’re views on what should be on your duty belt or what reccomend to have on ur persons when on duty? Also im a conceal carry holder should I not carry until my probabtion period up and do you get family curiosity cards. My wife was asking me about that.

like always thanks everyone in advance.

Comment

• The roster program is not accessible from a non BOP computer. Same for your EOPF, the electronic personnel file. Your EPP (personal page for pay, w-4s, etc is accessable from outside. The BOP is real uptight about computer security.
                As for your duty belt, well, take a look at what others usually have; consider what you think you need, and then see if your waist is big enough for anything but the basics! Fat folks are ahead in this one category, they have lots of belt space!

Comment

Start day one of ICT phase 1. Few questions is the roster program able to access outside of work to check your schedule and what not. EPP is I believe. I also wanted to know what you’re views on what should be on your duty belt or what reccomend to have on ur persons when on duty? Also im a conceal carry holder should I not carry until my probabtion period up and do you get family curiosity cards. My wife was asking me about that.

What security level is your joint?

Comment

Start day one of ICT phase 1. Few questions is the roster program able to access outside of work to check your schedule and what not. EPP is I believe. I also wanted to know what you’re views on what should be on your duty belt or what reccomend to have on ur persons when on duty? Also im a conceal carry holder should I not carry until my probabtion period up and do you get family curiosity cards. My wife was asking me about that.

Duty belt, I would recommend getting a good quality compact flashlight and a lepel Mike. Handcuff holder key holders (at least 3 but 4 is better and metal) and glove pouch (for latex gloves( and OC pouch for OC if at a medium or High Depending on lockshop you night have to buy it yourself. Side caution have nothing center of back over tail bone. You can seriously injured yourself if you fall and it compresses your tailbone/spine.

As far as carrying off duty you are not qualified under LEOSA until you complete Glynco and are qualified on BOP firearms officially. But they can not keep you from carrying as a private citizen off duty if you have a permit or whatever is the law in your state.

(And no it doesn't matter what caliber or type (revolver or auto) under LEOSA simply says you need to be qualified on something and you can carry whatever off duty)
                    Last edited by in625shooter; 12-12-2017, 05:48 PM.

Comment

• I’m in a low/minimum facilty. We have two prisons and one camp

Comment

• Originally posted by in625shooter View Post

Duty belt, I would recommend getting a good quality compact flashlight and a lepel Mike. Handcuff holder key holders (at least 3 but 4 is better and metal) and glove pouch (for latex gloves( and OC pouch for OC if at a medium or High Depending on lockshop you night have to buy it yourself. Side caution have nothing center of back over tail bone. You can seriously injured yourself if you fall and it compresses your tailbone/spine.

As far as carrying off duty you are not qualified under LEOSA until you complete Glynco and are qualified on BOP firearms officially. But they can not keep you from carrying as a private citizen off duty if you have a permit or whatever is the law in your state.

(And no it doesn't matter what caliber or type (revolver or auto) under LEOSA simply says you need to be qualified on something and you can carry whatever off duty)
                        The radio guys was really recommend radio holders. What’s a good flash light? And are we allowed to wear the ear wick from the mic? What equipment is provided I know the said they give the stab proof gloves.

Comment

• I started like 4 weeks ago. They provide you with 600 for your uniform and a Boot voucher. I didnt get a radio holster because the institution I'm at has clips on their radios. I wouldn't recommend a stab vest at a low, everyone at my institution does not wear a vest plus you would always have to wear it whether is 100+ degress or whatever because it is now part of your uniform.

Get metal key holders like 3 or 4, handcuff holder. Maybe a longer chain because the one they give you is kinda short. Smith & Wesson® Galaxy™ Elite LED Flashlight is the flashlight I got and it comes with a flash light pouch. Make sure your squared away, boots shines pants creased because everyone looks at that inmates, staff. if you come in wrinkled up and sloppy, inmates see that and you already lost half the battle.
                          Last edited by jcsd619; 12-12-2017, 06:49 PM.

Comment

The radio guys was really recommend radio holders. What’s a good flash light? And are we allowed to wear the ear wick from the mic? What equipment is provided I know the said they give the stab proof gloves.
                            Guess I omitted the radio. A lot of it depends on what your institution provides as some will give new folks a lot in the belt category and others tell you to buy your own. Just what works, I am partial to Bianchi nylon. As far as lights any decent small with say 250-400 lumes is fine. They provide flashlights but some are worse for wear depending on institution and even at daytime nice to see inside cracks and places when searching.

As far as ear wic a couple guys wore them here but we're ridiculed out of them. It's not a big secret even if they don't hear your radio they hear your side and can figure it out especially if you respond and they see 20 other staff running sort of a clue.

Comment

• Does anyone know if I work a holiday if it's double time or time and a half.

Comment

• Originally posted by jcsd619 View Post
                                Does anyone know if I work a holiday if it's double time or time and a half.
                                Holiday is double. So the week of a holiday you get paid for 6 days but work 5 where admin get paid 5 days but only work 4. If your days off fall on it your holiday pay is the day before or after.

You get 25% for Sunday (about 100.00 a pay) and 10% for shift differential from 6pm to 6 am.

Overtime is time and a half.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5802 users online. 288 members and 5514 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X