300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by in625shooter View Post

Several are hiring external Canadates it's just with some restraints due to the budget so they are hiring less.

Where Yazoo is different is they have been trying to activate the USP fully for a couple years and have had staffing issues so there are several more positions.
    Is it hard to get transferred out to either MDC Brooklyn or MCC New York; once already in at least? I was going to put in for a hard to fill location just to get in.

Comment

• Capt_Falco
      Capt_Falco commented
      Editing a comment
      A buddy I started with has been trying to get back to NY for the last two years and it hasn't happened yet. The holdup has mostly been due to the budget cut issues and now it takes a lot for a joint to get approved to hire more staff, so I think it's just been bad timing for him.

• Finally got a firm offer, going to start the 27th of this month.

Comment

• Originally posted by jcsd619 View Post
      Finally got a firm offer, going to start the 27th of this month.
      Congrats, which institution? How was the interview and process? May I ask what is your Background in?

Comment

• Originally posted by in625shooter View Post

Several are hiring external Canadates it's just with some restraints due to the budget so they are hiring less.

Where Yazoo is different is they have been trying to activate the USP fully for a couple years and have had staffing issues so there are several more positions.
        Do you know anymore facilities that will be hiring more candidates?

Comment

• Originally posted by myman12 View Post

Do you know anymore facilities that will be hiring more candidates?
          Off the top of my head I o ow they have several spots (or did) at Yazoo, Berlin and supposedly Thomson was getting ready to ramp up. But perhaps someone on the ground at one of them can chime in for more specifics.

Most places are doing intermittent hiring. I know they revamped some Manning and we actually lost like 17 spots (although not sure if that was all officers or across the board)

I'd put in for anywhere (if the open continuous still allows that) and you should be contacted for an interview

Comment

• Originally posted by NCG128 View Post

Congrats, which institution? How was the interview and process? May I ask what is your Background in?

FCI La Tuna. I am a vet with 3 years experience in corrections. I originally applied in January and could not get hired because the hiring freeze when trump came in. I was told to apply to the 2017-18 posting and got called back again in August and did the process again.

Comment

• Originally posted by jcsd619 View Post

FCI La Tuna. I am a vet with 3 years experience in corrections. I originally applied in January and could not get hired because the hiring freeze when trump came in. I was told to apply to the 2017-18 posting and got called back again in August and did the process again.
              What part of the process are you up too? You received the Conditional offer?

Comment

• Originally posted by NCG128 View Post

What part of the process are you up too? You received the Conditional offer?
                I start the 27th of this month.

Comment

• FCI Englewood has authority to hire 9 we hear. We need people. The pay vs the cost of living in the Denver area is a tough deal though. Ya can’t beat the area for quality of life, and the joint for low stress work. (A low for the cho). Overall a very good place to work.

Comment

• Really wish I had gotten hired there. Denver was real nice and that facility seemed like a great place to work at.

Comment

• I checked the posting on USAJOBS... Still somewhat unsure if you need three or one year experience as a C/O elsewhere to qualify? If anyone used C/O experience instead of education to qualify and get on with BOP, let me know, as that's what I'm trying to do.

Comment

• C/O G
                        C/O G commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yeah I understand.. I know you can qualify with a bachelor's (Don't have unfortunately) and three years work experience in any field.
                        So my course of action would be applying with previous corrections experience to get on with BOP...

• Rmodel1965
                        Rmodel1965 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Well I didn't have a degree either. Just 3 years general work experience. So with 6 months-1 year of state corrections you could probably get on with the bop.

• C/O G
                        C/O G commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Okay sounds great man.. Thanks for the replies.. I appreciate it.. Hope the jobs been going well for you, also.

• I think the minimum is one year equivalent according to the GL-06 portion, I am using experience to qualify and have 8 years.

Comment

• C/O G
                        C/O G commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Okay cool.. I checked the BOP website and it seems if you have one year specialized experience (Police, Corrections/Detention officer) it will bypass the bachelor's or three years general work experience needed..I can always email a HR person..
                        I plan on applying to BOP when I get roughly two years with my DOC.

• Bman4130
                        Bman4130 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        What state are you with now?

• I’m prettty sure you get hired on at the lower level regardless? Info from what I’ve read. Depends on what the facility is allowed to hire. But ymmv

Comment

• Capt_Falco
                        Capt_Falco commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I know a few officers that got hired on as a 6 around the same time I did, but either way in 2 years it evens out to a 7-3 regardless if you start as a 5 or 6.

• Deleted.....
                      Last edited by Capt_Falco; Yesterday, 12:30 PM.
                      BOP 10/04/2015

Comment

• Anyone here from FCI Victorville? Just wanted to get thoughts on that facility. Thanks.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10063 users online. 436 members and 9627 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X