Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know any info about fcc Yazoo City? Is there a good amount of ot since it’s a complex? Trying to see if it’s worth putting in for since the nearest big city is an hour away.

Comment

• Originally posted by 17Jeep View Post
      Does anyone know any info about fcc Yazoo City? Is there a good amount of ot since it’s a complex? Trying to see if it’s worth putting in for since the nearest big city is an hour away.
      i got the email as well, im not too crazy living on the middle of mississippi for year though lol
      officially sworn into the Us Marine Corps, going in with an 03 contract leave for bootcamp on January 9th

Comment

• I got that email as well. I hope more prisons send more emails about hiring?

Comment

• Does anyone know if requesting a copy of your completed Public Trust Background actually goes through? There's a few guys at my place that said they never received theirs.

Comment

• dox1842
            dox1842 commented
            Editing a comment
            I got mine but I had to ask for it. HR is supposed to upload a document to eOPF saying that it was completed but I guess my HR never got around to it. I asked about it and they sent me a link where I could request it.

• Rmodel1965
            Rmodel1965 commented
            Editing a comment
            Eopf will have the determination listed but it doesn't have the actual file you have to write off for that snail mail and request it

• will.wilwon552
            will.wilwon552 commented
            Editing a comment
            You should receive a email also! I did at least.

• Thanks. How long did it take to receive it from the time you submitted it?

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnnyUtah1989 View Post

More importantly, MDC and FDC = Females also. That's a big NO for me. We've all heard too many horror stories.
            whats wrong with FDC, besides it having females?

Comment

• Greetings. Long time lurker here. I'd first like to say thanks to all posting here. It's a great resource for information.

i just received notification to complete an OF-5 for FCI Fort Dix. I completed it and called to schedule an interview, but they said they would be calling everyone back to schedule.

I'm really hopeful that all goes well as this is one of the jobs I've had my eye on for a while since before retiring from the military.

I'm hoping someone could help with a question I have. If hired, I'd be transferring from another federal agency in a WS position. Is there a possibility for a step increase within a GL-5 to brimg my pay close to what I'm receiving now? I can't find it anymore, but I thought I remembered seeing something about it. Also, I've had a couple friends who switched from WG to GS positions in another agency (not BOP) and they did receive an automatic step increase.

Comment

• Originally posted by robmnj View Post
                Greetings. Long time lurker here. I'd first like to say thanks to all posting here. It's a great resource for information.

i just received notification to complete an OF-5 for FCI Fort Dix. I completed it and called to schedule an interview, but they said they would be calling everyone back to schedule.

I'm really hopeful that all goes well as this is one of the jobs I've had my eye on for a while since before retiring from the military.

I'm hoping someone could help with a question I have. If hired, I'd be transferring from another federal agency in a WS position. Is there a possibility for a step increase within a GL-5 to brimg my pay close to what I'm receiving now? I can't find it anymore, but I thought I remembered seeing something about it. Also, I've had a couple friends who switched from WG to GS positions in another agency (not BOP) and they did receive an automatic step increase.
                You would start out as a GL 5 step 6-10 whatever is closer to what you made in a prior Federal Civilian spot. Your bot suppose to loose any money but you could but not likely. If your bon supervisory they would put you in a GL 5 step 00 where you match your precious pay if it exceeded the GL 5 step 10. If you are supervisory and made more then you would go to a GL 5 step 10.

There are several stipulations and I've only seen the step 00 a couple times. Most dont make that much more so it's an even Steven thing.

Good luck

Comment

• Originally posted by in625shooter View Post

You would start out as a GL 5 step 6-10 whatever is closer to what you made in a prior Federal Civilian spot. Your bot suppose to loose any money but you could but not likely. If your bon supervisory they would put you in a GL 5 step 00 where you match your precious pay if it exceeded the GL 5 step 10. If you are supervisory and made more then you would go to a GL 5 step 10.

There are several stipulations and I've only seen the step 00 a couple times. Most dont make that much more so it's an even Steven thing.

Good luck
                  Great! Thanks! If it happened, I'd fall around a step 6. Good to know its not that uncommon.

Comment

• I received an offer through the mail for C/O position.. I know it doesnt mean anything until I get a firm offer... Will I be notified by Hr or will I receive a firm offer in the mail with a start day? I know they said sometime in November but it keeps changing, just getting anxious to start already.

Comment

• I’m sure they’ll let you know. Last go around they called me and told me I wouldn’t be picked up due to the hiring freeze. So I had to start from scratch best of luck.

Comment

• So Lowe
                        So Lowe commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Same thing happened to me with MCC I have another interview this week in Brooklyn this time. Fingers crossed!

• Does anyone know of any facilities in the northeast that are calling? I currently put Danbury and Otisville as my 2 choices but I am thinking of changing them since I haven't heard anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by A300! View Post
                        Does anyone know of any facilities in the northeast that are calling? I currently put Danbury and Otisville as my 2 choices but I am thinking of changing them since I haven't heard anything.
                        Yazoo was the only facility hiring external candidates and the hiring window closed last week. Hopefully more facilities will open up for us external candidates.

Comment

• 17Jeep
                          17Jeep commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Did you put in to Yazoo?

• myman12
                          myman12 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          17Jeep no I didn't

• Does anyone know if it’s difficult to get into the Dansbury Location without Vets preference? I’m a college graduate with TSA Exp.

Comment

• Originally posted by myman12 View Post

Yazoo was the only facility hiring external candidates and the hiring window closed last week. Hopefully more facilities will open up for us external candidates.
                          Several are hiring external Canadates it's just with some restraints due to the budget so they are hiring less.

Where Yazoo is different is they have been trying to activate the USP fully for a couple years and have had staffing issues so there are several more positions.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9088 users online. 451 members and 8637 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X