300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NorCalAspirant View Post
    Anyone have experience working at FCI Dublin? I’m thinking about putting it down because I could get rent free housing nearby with relatives but after researching it I noticed it is a female prison. Would it be weird for man to work there? Like would I need a female coworker whenever I needed to search inmates for example?
    I don't know the rules for the Feds but I would rather sit a pod with 100 males than spend 10 mins in a female pod with 20.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorCalAspirant View Post
      Anyone have experience working at FCI Dublin? I’m thinking about putting it down because I could get rent free housing nearby with relatives but after researching it I noticed it is a female prison. Would it be weird for man to work there? Like would I need a female coworker whenever I needed to search inmates for example?
      I did some training with a LT from there and know another person that transferred from there and they both didn't have anything bad to say. Another person I worked with transferred to FMC Carswell and Said it was cake. Inmates are inmates. But seems like from what they said there was less serious fights at female institutions. You can use it to get in the door and transfer after a year if it's that bad..

Comment

• I would be careful asking as well for anyone answering aka giving questions asked. OIA and some HR folks surf this site as well as Prison officer.org and folks have gotten himmed up to include a Warden at one point.

Comment

• No issues helping just becomes an ethics problem if someone is asking specifically what the questions are or someone puts them on blast informing the world here what the answers are. You all might be pretty good fellas but you still have to earn the job like everyone else. Everyone is competing for a job and getting the questions before hand defeats the purpose.

Comment

• i dont remember how many questions but it took about 15 mins to do it start to finish

Comment

• Rmodel1965
              Rmodel1965 commented
              Editing a comment
              i did finish before everyone else. so your time will vary obviously

• Not to scare anyone as that wasn't my intention just some awareness on dos and don'ts here is the link to what can happen on social media. I believe he got everything overturned and ended up retiring but was removed when it all rolled down.

http://www.prisonofficer.org/scott-h...-postings.html

Comment

• How many ppl usually is a class at Glynco? What is the promotion process and pay scale if you want to move in rank or to be sort or transportation or something.

Comment

• Originally posted by Newbie17 View Post
                How many ppl usually is a class at Glynco? What is the promotion process and pay scale if you want to move in rank or to be sort or transportation or something.
                If you start out as a 5 step 1 at your year mark you go to 6 step 2 then at the end of that year you go to a 7 step 3. You have to have your 7 for a year before your elegible to put in for your 8. Once you make your 8 it's easier to get a promotion with a paid move. Generally you won't transfer I to an established institution for an 8. The exception is one that is activating. Paid moves are generally for GL9 and higher supervisory spots (LT and etc) again the exception is again an activating institution

you can lateral which you pay your own move and you won't lateral I to an 8. Generally you would have to wait and put in for your 8 next promotion cycle.

There is no extra pay for SORT or doing med trips only OT if your on a run.

Comment

• Thank you. So typical what’s the max base pay for regular officer non supervisory position?

Comment

• https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-over...US%20(LEO).pdf

this is the general one. Google it for special area that make more

Comment

Thank you. So typical what’s the max base pay for regular officer non supervisory position?
                      Add about 5,000 ish for shift differential, Sunday pay and Holidays for your first year anyway. Then figure about 100 a pay for Sunday if you stay on days after your first year because it will be a minute before you are able to get weekends off in most cases

Comment

• Thanks. So most ppl make their money with overtime I see.

Comment

Thanks. So most ppl make their money with overtime I see.
                          That is corrections for ya!

Comment

Thanks. So most ppl make their money with overtime I see.
                            Depends on what institution. Some have zero OT. USPs and FCCs have some depending on mission. Medical centers and care level 3 medical institution usually have a steady amount Stand alone FCIs not a whole lit

Comment

• i came across this video on youtube...........https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tk2lw6qjdAM

is that what its like being a CO with BOP?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9272 users online. 312 members and 8960 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X