Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BOP Correctional Officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Bman4130 View Post
    Do you have to get sprayed at glynco? If so, what level of exposure is it?
    I wasn't, and don't believe it's been added to the BOP curriculum. No taser training either. Other federal agencies simultaneously training at Glynco might have spray and/or taser in their curriculum, but not BOP.

    Self-defense is modified from some sort of oriental martial art. There is no actual sparring with an aggressor, just proper demonstration of the techniques with a partner to an instructor. Again, not in an aggressive manner.

    Comment


    • [QUOTE=Bman4130;n6545094] ... sprayed at glynco? QUOTE]

      To clarify: I got no training on spray at Glynco. It was all done at local facility (quarterly powerpoint review on policy and technique, and occasionally going into the parking lot to spray an imaginary target). Hint: make sure you're upwind of where you're aiming.

      Comment


      • That is good to hear. I have been sprayed level one about 4x and don't feel the need to get it again.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Signal108M View Post

          As someone already correctly posted, a safe answer with interview questions is I'd Follow Policy. One of my interviewers later told me they want to see/hear no hesitation in your answer that you would shoot if trained and allowed by policy.

          Once taken hostage, any employee (even the Warden) is just a hostage. Nothing more. Meaning the Warden's authority to give orders is null and void while a hostage. The BOP has teams trained to handle the various unique situations seen inside a prison.

          I won't go into specifics. You learn hostage do's and dont's at Glynco.
          During my panel got asked that question, my answer was what SRUF that's what I'd employ. The Lt. Stopped me lol she said, I don't want the BS PC answer, now what would you do, I repeated my answer if the policy called for lethal force, I would employ without hesitation. I explained I've worked around nuclear material our UOF
          ROE left no room for error.

          Comment


          • Bop interview tip:

            You can pretty much answer every question with the same mindset. "I would write a report and notify a supervisor" or "I would report my co-workers for breaking law or policy."

            Thats what they want to hear.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by JohnnyUtah1989 View Post
              Bop interview tip:

              You can pretty much answer every question with the same mindset. "I would write a report and notify a supervisor" or "I would report my co-workers for breaking law or policy."

              Thats what they want to hear.
              Any other recommend tips? Is their any policies again facial hair?

              Comment


              • I hope you can have a beard.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Bman4130 View Post
                  I hope you can have a beard.
                  Lots have beards. No worries there.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Newbie17 View Post

                    Any other recommend tips? Is their any policies again facial hair?
                    They can't say anything about beards, goatees or hair length. As long as your not a dirty ***** and it's clean. The o ly issue with the beard is if your on SORT or other certified staff you will have to shave once a year for fit testing on SCBA gear for your mask. That's about it. Regular line staff there is no requirement for SCBA training.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by in625shooter View Post

                      They can't say anything about beards, goatees or hair length. As long as your not a dirty ***** and it's clean. The o ly issue with the beard is if your on SORT or other certified staff you will have to shave once a year for fit testing on SCBA gear for your mask. That's about it. Regular line staff there is no requirement for SCBA training.
                      Thanks man. That’s like corrections unit of swat ?

                      Comment


                      • Thanks for the interview tips guys. Appreciate it. If you'd like to share more please post.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Newbie17 View Post

                          Thanks man. That’s like corrections unit of swat ?
                          Yes. SOET is Special Operarions Response Team. Not every institution has them. Only USPs most FCC's and select FCI'S. But each SORT team has responsibility to cover other SORT less institutions.

                          SCBA is Self Contained Breathing Apparatus. Like what a Fire Department would use for co fined space rescue in the event of a fire etc.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by in625shooter View Post

                            Yes. SOET is Special Operarions Response Team. Not every institution has them. Only USPs most FCC's and select FCI'S. But each SORT team has responsibility to cover other SORT less institutions.

                            SCBA is Self Contained Breathing Apparatus. Like what a Fire Department would use for co fined space rescue in the event of a fire etc.
                            Would you say that three wks training was fairly easy or more or less like military boot camp?

                            Comment


                            • Bman4130
                              Bman4130 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              From what I have been told, researched and experienced thru other CO academies is that it is normally easy book work/academics as long as you comprehend and do a little studying. I can't see it being too much yelling/bootcamp as the physics standards aren't stellar.

                          • It's FLETC none of the courses are boot camp . The USMS and BP (BP moved totally to Artisia and Charlston from what I was told other than some advanced training) USMC and when BP were there were the more military like but not much. Everything else is run like a campus. They treat you like an adult and if you don't you just have to leave

                            Comment


                            • Cool. Thanks. What level facility you at in625shooter? Bman what facility you applied to?

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 9885 users online. 496 members and 9389 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X