Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning i receive a email about scheduling my interview...

what will the interview consist of? i also read something about a assessment what will that be like also?

Thank you. ∴

Comment

• Originally posted by Newbie17 View Post
      Good Morning i receive a email about scheduling my interview...

what will the interview consist of? i also read something about a assessment what will that be like also?

Thank you. ∴
      Assessment = "Core Values Assessment" which is an online multiple-choice test of your ethics and morals. It's different scenarios followed by "what would you do?" Essentially they want to see if you're honest, trustworthy, not afraid to report on dishonest co-workers, not someone who is open to bribes, etc. It's the first thing to take place at the facility when you arrive for your interview. Fail the onine assessment and they tell you a pleasant, "thanks for your time, goodbye."

If you pass the online assessment you then have an interview usually with 2-3 people on the panel, plus someone from HR. Typical questions (perhaps not all of them, perhaps not any of these particular questions, but still good ones to have an answer for in your mind):

1. Tell us about yourself and why you'd be a good selection for this position.
      2. What are your strengths.
      3. What are your weaknesses and what are you doing to improve on them.
      4. Where do you see yourself profesionally in 5-10 years.
      5. Scenarios, such as you see someone climbing the outer fence and he ignores orders to stop. Would you shoot them?
      6. What's a difficult situation you faced in the past, and how did you successfully overcome it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Signal108M View Post

Assessment = "Core Values Assessment" which is an online multiple-choice test of your ethics and morals. It's different scenarios followed by "what would you do?" Essentially they want to see if you're honest, trustworthy, not afraid to report on dishonest co-workers, not someone who is open to bribes, etc. It's the first thing to take place at the facility when you arrive for your interview. Fail the onine assessment and they tell you a pleasant, "thanks for your time, goodbye."

If you pass the online assessment you then have an interview usually with 2-3 people on the panel, plus someone from HR. Typical questions (perhaps not all of them, perhaps not any of these particular questions, but still good ones to have an answer for in your mind):

1. Tell us about yourself and why you'd be a good selection for this position.
        2. What are your strengths.
        3. What are your weaknesses and what are you doing to improve on them.
        4. Where do you see yourself profesionally in 5-10 years.
        5. Scenarios, such as you see someone climbing the outer fence and he ignores orders to stop. Would you shoot them?
        6. What's a difficult situation you faced in the past, and how did you successfully overcome it?
        Thank you.. do they usually let you know on the spot if they will go further into the process with you? i took a test like that with NYC Corrections and receive a 88 they just slow with processing ppl.

Comment

Thank you.. do they usually let you know on the spot if they will go further into the process with you? i took a test like that with NYC Corrections and receive a 88 they just slow with processing ppl.
          If you pass the Core Values Assessment, you go to the interview (normally on the same day, perhaps immediately, perhaps have to wait an hour or so).

At my interview I got positive comments and positive facial expressions, but nothing official until that evening when I got a written offer by email.

Comment

If you pass the Core Values Assessment, you go to the interview (normally on the same day, perhaps immediately, perhaps have to wait an hour or so).

At my interview I got positive comments and positive facial expressions, but nothing official until that evening when I got a written offer by email.

Thanks Brother. i just schedule my interview for next week. I look forward to working with people like yourself. ∴

Comment

Thanks Brother. i just schedule my interview for next week. I look forward to working with people like yourself. ∴
              Remember the BOP isn't looking for Rambo. They want people who demonstrate self-confidence and an aura of authority, but who at the same time can keep their emotions in check when dealing with inmates. They also want people who respect the need to follow orders, policies, and the chain of command. In other words, a professional. And it never hurts to wear coat and tie to an interview.

Comment

• So if you do a cva/interview on the same day, you could have a tentative start date by that night? Very quick turnaround!

Comment

Remember the BOP isn't looking for Rambo. They want people who demonstrate self-confidence and an aura of authority, but who at the same time can keep their emotions in check when dealing with inmates. They also want people who respect the need to follow orders, policies, and the chain of command. In other words, a professional. And it never hurts to wear coat and tie to an interview.
                  yes was intending on wearing suit and ties. In the altitude i work in right now i deal with ex prison that's on parole and what not. I believe ill be okay. Thanks for all your help. I'll keep you abroad in my process.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bman4130 View Post
                    So if you do a cva/interview on the same day, you could have a tentative start date by that night? Very quick turnaround!
                    If memory serves, I received a "tentative job offer" by email on the evening of my interview, signed by someone in HR. I think that comes if the interview panel agrees they want you. The tentative offer did not contain the start date.

I received the official/actual job offer by email the following week, because that one needs the warden's signature and it takes time for HR to get the letter to his/her desk for signature.

The official job offer contained the start date for three weeks of initial orientation, which started about six weeks further into the future at my hiring facility.

I received travel orders for phase 2 of orientation at Glynco, GA about 11 weeks after my hire date (note: the official government term for start date is "Entry on Duty" date or "EOD." You'll hear that acronym used all the time). The EOD always falls on a Sunday because that's the starting day of a pay period. Your orientation won't start until Monday. Don't confuse your EOD with the day you actually clocked in to start orientation.

EOD (not the first day you clocked in for pay) determines seniority.

Comment

Also if you they do the CVA, Interview and Drug screen/physical examination the same day more than likely your going to be told to complete SF-85P on E-QUIP. Barring any need for extra documents ie proof of satisfaction of debts etc. E-QUIP is the final hurdle to get a actual firm offer and EOD. I see your in NYC, are you trying for MCC or MDC. High rises are there own beast.

Comment

• Originally posted by dod299 View Post

Also if you they do the CVA, Interview and Drug screen/physical examination the same day more than likely your going to be told to complete SF-85P on E-QUIP. Barring any need for extra documents ie proof of satisfaction of debts etc. E-QUIP is the final hurdle to get a actual firm offer and EOD. I see your in NYC, are you trying for MCC or MDC. High rises are there own beast.
                        A classmate at Glynco works at downtown NYC MCC. He and I jokingly compared running to inmate fights or staff call for assistance. Mine consisted of busting [email protected]@ across 1/4 mile of rec yard, while his consisted of running to the elevators and pushing a button.

He said they're encouraged to use the subway to get to work since downtown parking is scarce and not free. They get subsidized subway passes. The BOP also has subsidized housing for staff, if desired, in Brooklyn in a nice-looking high rise apartment complex.

Comment

What is the answer to that question anyway? Just curious. Also, if a fellow CO is taken hostage, what is the best thing to do?

Comment

• Bman4130
                            Bman4130 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Both situations you would follow policy. The best answer in my opinion would be something like: I would follow policy and use deadly force if it was justified in the situation.

• Originally posted by Fullblown View Post

What is the answer to that question anyway? Just curious. Also, if a fellow CO is taken hostage, what is the best thing to do?
                          As someone already correctly posted, a safe answer with interview questions is I'd Follow Policy. One of my interviewers later told me they want to see/hear no hesitation in your answer that you would shoot if trained and allowed by policy.

Once taken hostage, any employee (even the Warden) is just a hostage. Nothing more. Meaning the Warden's authority to give orders is null and void while a hostage. The BOP has teams trained to handle the various unique situations seen inside a prison.

I won't go into specifics. You learn hostage do's and dont's at Glynco.

Comment

• Do you have to get sprayed at glynco? If so, what level of exposure is it?

Comment

• Originally posted by dod299 View Post

I was looking into both but I was kinda told their barely hire from those facilities so I change to fort Dix and Danbury

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10112 users online. 446 members and 9666 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X