300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good day. Any recommendations for top
    two choices to choose. I'm in New York City and awaiting a call because the need for CO in my area, also was the fitness aspect hard at phase II?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rmodel1965 View Post

They are just have to apply to a fcc where they hire a lot they were interviewing when I left pollock. I heard they were hiring 30 there. Gotta be open to going somewhere you might not wanna be to get in
      I applied to a FCC and its still nothing. My status is still just received on USAJOBS. Is there a facility that is definitely hiring right now?

Comment

• A few years ago when I first applied I would get emails from hr ppl at facilities telling me to change my location to their location to be processed/accepted quicker. I'm not sure if they do that anymore but the only places I got emails from was California locations and Berlin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Newbie17 View Post
          ...... was the fitness aspect hard at phase II?
          Within the first 60 days after appointment you will be sent to the Staff Training Academy located at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center in Glynco, GA, where you will be trained in Introduction to Correctional Techniques Phase II. This specialized training includes four components: Firearms, Self-Defense, Written Academic Test on policies and procedures, and the Physical Abilities Test (PAT). The PAT will measure your ability to perform the essential functions of a correctional worker. Specifically, you must be able to perform the following tasks:
          • Walk/stand up to an hour
          • See a human figure at a distance of one quarter mile or a target at 250 yards
          • Hear and detect movement
          • Use firearms
          • Perform self-defense movements
          • Lift, drag, and carry objects
          • Smell smoke and drugs
          • Complete an obstacle course within 58 seconds
          • Drag a 75-pound dummy 3 minutes continuously for a minimum of 694 feet
          • Climb rungs of a ladder and retrieve an item within 7 seconds
          • Run one-fourth mile and apply handcuffs within 2 minutes and 35 seconds
          • Climb up and down 108 steps with a 20-pound weight belt within 45 seconds

Comment

• Originally posted by in625shooter View Post

They don't issue uniforms. You will receive a $600.00 clothing allowance during your second week of IF and every year after unless you are non custody then it's buisness casual. Business casual during IF. Most folks order uniforms after they start IF on their credit card then pay it off with their allowance the n xt week just to get it. If you don't have them when you get out of IF business casual until.
            So AD Meyers is moving quickly to get the uniforms out, I ordered one just to see. From what I can tell they do not match 5.11's so guess we're stuck with AD Meyers until unitec and galls comes online. The class B's are a rip off $65 for pants that are lower quality than 5. 11.

Comment

• What is the standard uniform color of a BOP Correctional Officer? Is it light blue or white shirt? Also, do CO's wear stab proof vest or does it depend which facility you work at?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fullblown View Post
                What is the standard uniform color of a BOP Correctional Officer? Is it light blue or white shirt? Also, do CO's wear stab proof vest or does it depend which facility you work at?
                Line staff have to be in the new uniform by sep 1 2018. you can go to AD Meyers website to see the new uniform, they are Charcoal grey, the nickel grey is for specific post (compound, rear gate and shu). White shirts are for Lt's only. Do not purchase any blue uniforms. Stab vest are mandatory at ADX, AUSP,USP's,MCC'S,FDC''s, and MDC'S. They are optional at FCI med, low and FPC/ SCP.

Comment

• Fullblown
                  Fullblown commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks for your reply. I appreciate it.

• Originally posted by Signal108M View Post

Within the first 60 days after appointment you will be sent to the Staff Training Academy located at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center in Glynco, GA, where you will be trained in Introduction to Correctional Techniques Phase II. This specialized training includes four components: Firearms, Self-Defense, Written Academic Test on policies and procedures, and the Physical Abilities Test (PAT). The PAT will measure your ability to perform the essential functions of a correctional worker. Specifically, you must be able to perform the following tasks:
                • Walk/stand up to an hour
                • See a human figure at a distance of one quarter mile or a target at 250 yards
                • Hear and detect movement
                • Use firearms
                • Perform self-defense movements
                • Lift, drag, and carry objects
                • Smell smoke and drugs
                • Complete an obstacle course within 58 seconds
                • Drag a 75-pound dummy 3 minutes continuously for a minimum of 694 feet
                • Climb rungs of a ladder and retrieve an item within 7 seconds
                • Run one-fourth mile and apply handcuffs within 2 minutes and 35 seconds
                • Climb up and down 108 steps with a 20-pound weight belt within 45 seconds
                Thank you. Do you know if they hire often for MDC or MCC?

Comment

• Originally posted by Newbie17 View Post

Thank you. Do you know if they hire often for MDC or MCC?
                  Sorry, not a clue. I'm just a peon worker on the line, far away from the exec suite and/or HR.

Comment

• Originally posted by dod299 View Post

So AD Meyers is moving quickly to get the uniforms out, I ordered one just to see. From what I can tell they do not match 5.11's so guess we're stuck with AD Meyers until unitec and galls comes online. The class B's are a rip off $65 for pants that are lower quality than 5. 11.
                    They're releasing soon per unitec's website. Sucks that they're the same price though!
                    Last edited by Trax_XLT; 09-19-2017, 09:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bman4130 View Post
                      Any chance on oxford?

word on the street today is they have been approved to hire a few off the street. so you might have a chance to get pulled on a list. how many are they looking for i dunno though.

Comment

• Bman4130
                        Bman4130 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Pmd. Just got their email!

• Originally posted by Rmodel1965 View Post

word on the street today is they have been approved to hire a few off the street. so you might have a chance to get pulled on a list. how many are they looking for i dunno though.
                      any chance fort dix? lol
                      officially sworn into the Us Marine Corps, going in with an 03 contract leave for bootcamp on January 9th

Comment

• Are a lot of bop facilities direct supervision?

Comment

• Bman4130
                          Bman4130 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I can't answer for sure as I don't work there but I would guess so as I have never seen podular non direct supervision in anywhere but jails.

• I've noticed an uptick in BOP announcements over the past several days on USAJobs, especially for supporting / administrative / non-custody positions. Hopefully with the new permanent director now in place, the hiring and staffing will return to normal.

Comment

• Originally posted by jcsd619 View Post
                          Are a lot of bop facilities direct supervision?
                          They all are. Where there is some me difference is the level of facility has a determination on staff to inmate ratio. Camps (being minimum) have the lowest staff to inmate ratio. USP' (high) have the highest. Low and med FCI's are in the middle. As far as direct supervision there are usually Officers assigned to every housing unit directly supervising. Unit team (Counselor, case manager etc) sporadic and are not tied to a housing unit as in they can leave and go wherever which is necessary for them to do their jobs. Other staff supervise inmates directly when they are in their areas.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11529 users online. 415 members and 11114 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X