Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few folks at my place are now wearing the new black uniform. They all seem to like it. To me, the redesigned larger shoulder patch resembles the Customs patch. It has a little more visual impact. My only concern is the possibility of the black color starting to fade after a few months of being washed. I hope the designers took that into consideration when selecting the dye.

Still waiting on BOP-issued outer vest carrier. No one has their BOP-issued yet. Just the folks who paid with personal funds for one downtown. They all love it.
    Last edited by Signal108M; 09-16-2017, 09:58 AM.

Comment

• im going to work at a medium monday i turned in my vest. it didnt fit me anymore anyways because ive lost 108 pounds since december

Comment

• Originally posted by in625shooter View Post

They don't issue uniforms. You will receive a $600.00 clothing allowance during your second week of IF and every year after unless you are non custody then it's buisness casual. Business casual during IF. Most folks order uniforms after they start IF on their credit card then pay it off with their allowance the n xt week just to get it. If you don't have them when you get out of IF business casual until.
        what is IF?

Comment

• Originally posted by dangerr101 View Post

what is IF?
          IF is new employee orientation. Stands for "Institutional Familiarization." Phase 1 is the first several weeks at your facility. Phase 2 is three weeks at the BOP Staff Training Academy on board the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) in Glynco, GA. Same campus where multiple other federal law enforcement agencies train their newbies. By policy you're supposed to be scheduled for Glynco within the first several months of hire (60 days perhaps). Glynco is three components: self defense, academics, and firearms (pistol, rifle, and shotgun). I personally had a blast at Glynco as did the vast majority of my classmates and co-workers. Note: when they say you will be sent home unemployed for failing to meet academic standards, they're not kidding. The academics is very straightforward and not rocket science. You just need to pay attention in class and review the material before the tests. Do NOT blow it off.
          Last edited by Signal108M; 09-16-2017, 09:53 PM.

Comment

• We had a guy fail glynco. Sent him back jobless

Comment

• Use Woolite Dark when you wash
              Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
              USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
              "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
              Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

• Originally posted by Signal108M View Post
                A few folks at my place are now wearing the new black uniform. They all seem to like it. To me, the redesigned larger shoulder patch resembles the Customs patch. It has a little more visual impact. My only concern is the possibility of the black color starting to fade after a few months of being washed. I hope the designers took that into consideration when selecting the dye.

Still waiting on BOP-issued outer vest carrier. No one has their BOP-issued yet. Just the folks who paid with personal funds for one downtown. They all love it.
                Shouldn't be. The more faded someone's uniform is, the more senior they are
                Last edited by Trax_XLT; 09-17-2017, 02:11 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by in625shooter View Post

Bo, they are hiring everything just has to go all the way through central office now. And an institution has to get below a certain% now
                  Doesn't seem like they will ever hire external candidates.

Comment

• Originally posted by myman12 View Post

They are just have to apply to a fcc where they hire a lot they were interviewing when I left pollock. I heard they were hiring 30 there. Gotta be open to going somewhere you might not wanna be to get in

Comment

• Originally posted by myman12 View Post

As Rmodel stated apply for an FCC. They have more positions. Standalone homestead joints (older ones like Texarkana etc) were hard to get on before and are nearly impossible bow. Apply for either a specific FCC or open anywhere to get in do your year then lateral back to somewhere closer to home.

On a side note with the rate of retirements they will have to start hiring g by January. And the new Director takes a he helm Monday the 17th so we might see a change for the better. Time will tell.

Comment

• I applied to two in SC, thinking of changing to MD and moving
                        Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
                        USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
                        "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
                        Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

• Only your first choice matters. Butner Wil probably be your best bet for anything on the east coast. I'd probably apply to Yazoo or another large fcc

Comment

• Any chance on oxford?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bman4130 View Post
                              Any chance on oxford?
                              Out of stand alone FCIs Oxford use to hire semi regular but it is a homesteader joint. Right now it's slim. Florence, Beaumont, Victorville, and as far as east coast Coleman and Hazelton are probably more of a chance than Allenwood as Allenwood is a homesteader and folks at Allenwood transfer between Lewisberg (like 10 miles) Schlykill an hour ish and Loretto

Comment

• Originally posted by Bman4130 View Post
                                Any chance on oxford?
                                I start at oxford tomorrow not as a regular co though. I'm transferring in. Technically today is my start date but hr is there tomorrow. I've heard that thry aren't hiring any regular co's and that they are using augmentation a lot for the day shift to cover open positions. But that's only what I've heard I'm going there is done overtime available I need to get some done

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10505 users online. 388 members and 10117 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X