300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NCG128 View Post

So the freeze is over?!?! I put in for Coleman. Anyone have any word on that?
    For the upteenth time there wasn't a freeze for BOP however (comma) they (central office) stopped hiring and did a review of positions. They are promoting some but hiring less. They are looking at overall Manning and if the institution isn't below 89% they simply can not hire and the 89% is across the board for the most part.

So my advise is keep your application in because they can put a roster together at anytime to hire from. And at the rate of retirements even institutions at 93% will have to start within a few months.

Another factor is a new director was named 2 weeks ago who comes from outside BOP so everyone is waiting to see the direction he puts out.

Good luck

Comment

• Originally posted by in625shooter View Post

For the upteenth time there wasn't a freeze for BOP however (comma) they (central office) stopped hiring and did a review of positions. They are promoting some but hiring less. They are looking at overall Manning and if the institution isn't below 89% they simply can not hire and the 89% is across the board for the most part.

So my advise is keep your application in because they can put a roster together at anytime to hire from. And at the rate of retirements even institutions at 93% will have to start within a few months.

Another factor is a new director was named 2 weeks ago who comes from outside BOP so everyone is waiting to see the direction he puts out.

Good luck
      Basically its a long waiting game.

Comment

• Originally posted by in625shooter View Post

Good luck

The 89% rule is interesting because it doesn't account for the 5 officers on light duty, the 3 that are deployed, and the other 3 in the penalty box aka as staff SHU. lol. Most joints are working with less than 89%, but it's just how it looks on paper.

Comment

• dox1842
          dox1842 commented
          Editing a comment
          hahaha I never heard of the staff SHU. We call it "time on the street"

• Englewood interviewed 15 new hires for 5 CO spots.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnnyUtah1989 View Post

The 89% rule is interesting because it doesn't account for the 5 officers on light duty, the 3 that are deployed, and the other 3 in the penalty box aka as staff SHU. lol. Most joints are working with less than 89%, but it's just how it looks on paper.
          MOST times in government operations, what it looks like on paper is what matters
          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

The 89% was of total Manning so even if you have those custody staff out of pocket in the eyes of the leadership in the everyone's a correctional worker first bon custody can step in. There is some debate between the union and admin over it but so far they are getting by.

So yes it's a waiting game.

Again good luck to anyone in the process.

Comment

• Shooter, do you roughly know the odds of being selected for a transfer to another joint after being referred for selection? Is it that same 3 applicants for every 1 position rule? Thanks
              BOP 10/04/2015

Comment

The 89% rule is interesting because it doesn't account for ... the other 3 in the penalty box aka as staff SHU.
                Sorry, not following you. How does working in SHU not count towards 89% manning?

Comment

• Originally posted by Signal108M View Post

Sorry, not following you. How does working in SHU not count towards 89% manning?
                  Staff SHU/penalty box, meaning...officers under investigaton that aren't allowed inside the prison.

Comment

• So is there a hiring freeze or not? Lol just messing with you shooter.

Comment

• Originally posted by NCG128 View Post

So the freeze is over?!?! I put in for Coleman. Anyone have any word on that?

i know a secretary there they were nearly 100% staffed so its gonna be a while. i think pollock just hired 30 people. if i was you id put in for yazoo or pollock because they are bound to hire soon.

Comment

Staff SHU/penalty box, meaning...officers under investigaton that aren't allowed inside the prison.
                        You know you're not working hard enough if you haven't worked staff SHU

Comment

• Originally posted by Signal108M View Post

What JohhnyUtah was referring was if there were staff in the rate event they are removed from inside work. And No your folks on legitimate sick, workman's comp (bon legitimate I fell in the parking lot coming to work and am playing it or just lazy) you can have 20 people out and that doesn't change the Manning because it's a temp thing. And if one is going for a medical retirement it takes a lot of time for that to run it's course.

As far as staff under investigation they don't remove staff for that. Home Duty is only used in a criminal case bot an OIA case. They simply reassign them in most cases.

So short story have 20 people on injured reserve changes nothing

Comment

• 17Jeep
                            17Jeep commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Does anyone know how short Florence is? Hoping to get in there.

• this question is for in625shooter, how are you able to find the staffing level for each institution? Is it something that only HR knows and give to certain people? Is most of what people are saying water cooler talk with it? Or is there a place on sallyport or something I can look it up for each place?

Comment

• Originally posted by ophidian View Post
                            this question is for in625shooter, how are you able to find the staffing level for each institution? Is it something that only HR knows and give to certain people? Is most of what people are saying water cooler talk with it? Or is there a place on sallyport or something I can look it up for each place?
                            If you are BOP simply go to HR and ask. If your not BOP simply call and ask if they k ow when they are planning if any any hiring. They might or might not tell you exact % it's not top top secret info but sometimes folks like keeping it in house.

In BOP they (exec staff and department heads) have Mon am open meetings then a Friday closeout then frequently they have Exec/Department head and LT meetings on say a Tues. And pretty much track everything.

While there is plenty of water cooler (or as we call it corridor talk) what I said as far as the 89% was straight from my Warden at a staff recall. Staff recalls are recalls where while some want to complain or refuse to go they put out some solid information and it's somewhat an open forum to ask aw and Wardens what's on your mind.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 16460 users online. 522 members and 15938 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X