Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess its looking like unto next year BOP will hire external candidates.

Comment

• Originally posted by dod299 View Post

Anytime you move for one federal agency to another it's considered a transfer. I Transferred from DOD in 2014 to the Bureau. It took some doing but I was a GS05 step 5 and initially the Bureau brought me over as a GL06 step 1 and after some back and forth Grand Prairie had to correct all my SF-50's which should have brought me in as a GL06 step 4. The 10k back payment was nice.
      Must have been a longgg time between step 1 and 4, wow!
      Last edited by Trax_XLT; 08-05-2017, 03:45 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trax_XLT View Post
        Must have been a longgg time between step 1 and 4, wow!
        Lol yeah, took 2.5 years to get fixed because some HRS don't like to be told they are wrong. What ****ed me off more. I apprised OPM of my situation, they calculated everything step by step, sent an email detailing the same. HR at my joint told me OPM didn't know what they were talking about..smdh Now my new battle will be to ensure I get my GL07 step 5 in 5 days.

Comment

• Originally posted by dod299 View Post

Lol yeah, took 2.5 years to get fixed because some HRS don't like to be told they are wrong. What ****ed me off more. I apprised OPM of my situation, they calculated everything step by step, sent an email detailing the same. HR at my joint told me OPM didn't know what they were talking about..smdh Now my new battle will be to ensure I get my GL07 step 5 in 5 days.
          That is when you file against HR and the HRM personally

Comment

• Originally posted by myman12 View Post
            I guess its looking like unto next year BOP will hire external candidates.
            They just named a new Director (finally after like 2 years of having an interim one) so everyone is waiting to see. It's the first Director hired outside of BOP so we will see. Funny though a lot of people especially Union officials have stated they wanted someone outside BOP and now they named a retired General (Inch former Army in charge of CID and Corrections) and bow those same folks are crying they will turn it into the Army or try and bust the u ion either of which they can't.

The latest I go to get circulated (and it was put out before they named the new Director and it came out one other time) is BOP might do away with Counselor spots through attrition. They won't hire any more Counselors and as they retire the councilor duties will be absorbed by Case Managers. And to be quite honestly that makes some sense.

But like everything we shall see

Comment

• Originally posted by in625shooter View Post

They just named a new Director (finally after like 2 years of having an interim one) so everyone is waiting to see. It's the first Director hired outside of BOP so we will see. Funny though a lot of people especially Union officials have stated they wanted someone outside BOP and now they named a retired General (Inch former Army in charge of CID and Corrections) and bow those same folks are crying they will turn it into the Army or try and bust the u ion either of which they can't.

The latest I go to get circulated (and it was put out before they named the new Director and it came out one other time) is BOP might do away with Counselor spots through attrition. They won't hire any more Counselors and as they retire the councilor duties will be absorbed by Case Managers. And to be quite honestly that makes some sense.

But like everything we shall see
              Only time will tell! I hope that isn't true about counselor's. If so, does that now mean that case managers will start at lower grades?
              Last edited by Trax_XLT; 08-08-2017, 03:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trax_XLT View Post
                Only time will tell! I hope that isn't true about counselor's. If so, does that now mean that case managers will start at lower grades?

No. CM's will still on paper be 5,7,9,11 but most will ba bit less than a 7 unless hiring off the street.

Comment

• So my status went from received application to referred. Does that mean I'll get a interview soon?

Comment

• You should, but it depends on how busy they are
                    Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
                    USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
                    "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
                    Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

• Originally posted by jcsd619 View Post
                      So my status went from received application to referred. Does that mean I'll get a interview soon?
                      "Generally speaking," yes you should get an interview. But remember this, to keep you from being disappointed if you're not invited to an interview:

They usually interview three people for every one opening. Say they have 20 referred applicants and five openings to fill. That means they'll interview 15 applicants (five openings x three interviewees per opening), thus leaving five referred people not being invited to interview.

But getting referred is a big step forward, in and of itself. And if they have approximately the same number of referred applicants as openings, then you're golden.

Comment

• Originally posted by in625shooter View Post

and bow those same folks are crying they will turn it into the Army or try and bust the u ion either of which they can't.

e
                        Don't bet on it ..................I never would have thought the state of Iowa would gut our 40 yr old Union Bargaining law.......but the Republican controlled Legislature AND Governor's Office did. Same makeup as the Federal Gov

Just saying
                        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

• So received a of-5 this morning. Im just waiting on HR to return my call to set up interview. This is for La Tuna FCI. I was originally going to get hired at the beginning of the year but that's when the freeze happen, so I was told by Hr that they could not hire me due to freeze and to reapply. So now here we are.

Comment

• one step closer! i dunno if you already live there or not but i have a buddy trying to sell a house in las cruces

Comment

• Yeah I already moved to El Paso like a week ago. Went from San Diego to El Paso.Transferred within the Postal service. Hr said they were gonna do a mass CVA testing but I guess mine is good for 12 months.

Comment

• Originally posted by jcsd619 View Post
                                Yeah I already moved to El Paso like a week ago. Went from San Diego to El Paso.Transferred within the Postal service. Hr said they were gonna do a mass CVA testing but I guess mine is good for 12 months.
                                So the freeze is over?!?! I put in for Coleman. Anyone have any word on that?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10106 users online. 384 members and 9722 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X