300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JohnnyUtah1989 View Post

HR seems clueless when I asked them. My joint is at 93% custody and they wanna be at 89% or something like that. I think it's going to be a long time.
    I understand! I'll be with DHS-TSA for the time being. I just want to jump ship as soon as I can.

Comment

• Originally posted by NCG128 View Post

I understand! I'll be with DHS-TSA for the time being. I just want to jump ship as soon as I can.

Keep your eyes open for ICE. Hopefully, the announcement will come out this fall.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnnyUtah1989 View Post

Keep your eyes open for ICE. Hopefully, the announcement will come out this fall.
        Absolutely, any advise for getting into the Deportation Officer Position? I have my BA in Criminology and will be a DHS employee. Would you say a have a strong shot?

Comment

• Exbpa340
          Exbpa340 commented
          Editing a comment
          Who knows when and if another public announcement will open for deportation officer. Many speculate that one is coming down the pipeline. Historically the way to get hired by ICE over the past 5 o 6 years is to be either a veteran or a Border Patrol Agent. I have not seen a new hire that does not fall into those two categories in the past 5 years.

• Well I got a call from my complex Warden today. I finally get to go to the job I was hired for the day the freeze was announced. Its a Ws8 in food service at FCI Oxford. Im glas there is some movement on my end finally...HR at my prison told me it was canceled...but HR at Oxford told me it wasnt. I called them this am to touch base then my Warden called a couple hours later

Comment

• Were you offered the position before the freeze? I got a email couple weeks ago saying that the position was canceled.

Comment

• i got family disclosure form( tentatively selected) the day the freeze was announced and a congrats email feb 2nd and then nothing till now. im already an employee of the BOP

Comment

• Originally posted by Rmodel1965 View Post
              Well I got a call from my complex Warden today. I finally get to go to the job I was hired for the day the freeze was announced. Its a Ws8 in food service at FCI Oxford. Im glas there is some movement on my end finally...HR at my prison told me it was canceled...but HR at Oxford told me it wasnt. I called them this am to touch base then my Warden called a couple hours later
              Congrats. Oxford is a good joint. Lots of homesteaders

Comment

• Yeah I plan on going there for a year and trying to go to food service where it pays more or jumping over to be a AFSA somewhere. ill move anywhere im not tied down, then FSA, AW, W and complex Warden...at least that is my BOP goal

Comment

• Originally posted by Rmodel1965 View Post
                  Yeah I plan on going there for a year and trying to go to food service where it pays more or jumping over to be a AFSA somewhere. ill move anywhere im not tied down, then FSA, AW, W and complex Warden...at least that is my BOP goal
                  Be careful what you wish for! LOL

Comment

• Got a report date for my new duty station!

Comment

• You've been waiting a while now. Congrats!

Comment

• Thanks I'm just really excited to be moving up and the very nice pay raise doesn't hurt either

Comment

• Stay in touch and do great things.

Comment

• Any suggestions for one looking to become a case manager (BOPLearn classes to take and such?). I Have State Probation experience and a B.A. in Criminal Justice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Achyuta View Post
                              Any suggestions for one looking to become a case manager (BOPLearn classes to take and such?). I Have State Probation experience and a B.A. in Criminal Justice.
                              It may be quicker to start in custody and then work your way up to a unit team position. I generally believe they hire within and prefer to promote counselors into case management positions. Career progression would look similar to this: Custody>Counselor>Case Manager>Unit Manager. Could anybody else confirm?
                              Last edited by Trax_XLT; 06-05-2017, 04:11 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8175 users online. 217 members and 7958 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X