• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Same here... still hanging in there.

Comment

• Originally posted by jcsd619 View Post
      Same here... still hanging in there.
      Its hard man. I am ready to start a career my man.

Comment

• Federal promotes on a TIG/TIS system, usually through steps (ie GL-7 Step 1)
        Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
        USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
        "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
        Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

• Originally posted by J2H View Post
          Federal promotes on a TIG/TIS system, usually through steps (ie GL-7 Step 1)
          As far as VIP and being a CO. If you start out as a 5 step 1 at your year mark you go to a 6 step 2 then at the completion of year 2 start of year 3 you go to 7 step 3.

If you start out as a 6 step 1 at your year mark you go to a 7 step 2 then at the end of year 2 start of year 3 you get 7 step 3.so at year 3 whichever grad you started you both will be a 7 step 3. (Going by memory on this next part so bear with me) year 4 you go to step 4 then it's every 2 years for a step until years 6 or 7 then 3 years for each step. This is for automatic. It doesn't count if you get an outstanding evaul and a Quality Step Increase where you would get bumped up to the next step as a reward.

The only other difference on hiring in as a 6 or 7 is you would be elegible to apply for GS/GL 8 a year earlier if you hired in as a 6. You have to have your 7 for a year. Truth be told though most don't see their 8 until 5 years in. And most are not ready until year 9 to put it truthfully

Good luck

Comment

• Well, what I thought was impossible happened inmate escaped from Atwater. He was caught. Wouldn't be surprised if he's now enroute to ADX.

Comment

• Originally posted by dod299 View Post
              Well, what I thought was impossible happened inmate escaped from Atwater. He was caught. Wouldn't be surprised if he's now enroute to ADX.

No one here knows what did or did not happen what little info I know is He hit the compound at Glimer when first in BOP and less than 24 hrs later they supposedly caught him between the fences there at Glimer. That upped his points. Should have been at the ADX longer if he was at.

Last escape from a secure facility was Chicago MCC in 2013 ish, and before that it was USP Pollock in 2006. When these things happen it's usually a breakdown of epic proportions across the board from Exec decisions all the way down to the u it or compound officers. Lots of safeguards in lace so one or two get bypassed the third or fourth catch. But when all are ignored....problem.

Last edited by in625shooter; 05-14-2017, 10:53 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by in625shooter View Post

No one here knows what did or did not happen what little info I know is He hit the compound at Glimer when first in BOP and less than 24 hrs later they supposedly caught him between the fences there at Glimer. That upped his points. Should have been at the ADX longer if he was at.

Last escape from a secure facility was Chicago MCC in 2013 ish, and before that it was USP Pollock in 2006. When these things happen it's usually a breakdown of epic proportions across the board from Exec decisions all the way down to the u it or compound officers. Lots of safeguards in lace so one or two get bypassed the third or fourth catch. But when all are ignored....problem.

The 2006 escape, we (bop) drove him right out the rear gate. They handed out a boat load of street time. both towers, the rear gate officer and the corridor officer. I believe the lowest was 30 days.

I know from my time at Pollock, protocols were put in place and strictly followed.

Comment

The 2006 escape, we (bop) drove him right out the rear gate. They handed out a boat load of street time. both towers, the rear gate officer and the corridor officer. I believe the lowest was 30 days.

I know from my time at Pollock, protocols were put in place and strictly followed.
                  I believe an AW no longer worked for BOP after that.

I

Comment

Well, what I thought was impossible happened inmate escaped from Atwater. He was caught. Wouldn't be surprised if he's now enroute to ADX.
                    I was on duty elsewhere the day after this happened. At the 1600 conference call on the 3s, Ops Lt gave some information regarding how several Atwater posts supposedly dropped the ball, despite the multi-layer mechanical safeguards alerting as designed. I would be feeling very uncomfortable right now if I had been on duty in one of those particular posts who either blew off the alert or rubber-stamped cleared it without really looking into it.

Ops Lt may have been trying to make a point with the newbie COs on the conference call, but the point was made that getting some street time at Atwater might be the least of their worries. If FBI, OIG, etc, get involved, someone who worked for BOP at Atwater might be looking at getting a reg number of their own and standing for count in the near future. Hopefully she was just being dramatic to make a point to the newbie COs, to take their post orders seriously.
                    Last edited by Signal108M; 05-15-2017, 05:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Signal108M View Post

I was on duty elsewhere the day after this happened. At the 1600 conference call on the 3s, Ops Lt gave some information regarding how several Atwater posts supposedly dropped the ball, despite the multi-layer mechanical safeguards alerting as designed. I would be feeling very uncomfortable right now if I had been on duty in one of those particular posts who either blew off the alert or rubber-stamped cleared it without really looking into it.

Ops Lt may have been trying to make a point with the newbie COs on the conference call, but the point was made that getting some street time at Atwater might be the least of their worries. If FBI, OIG, etc, get involved, someone who worked for BOP at Atwater might be looking at getting a reg number of their own and standing for count in the near future. Hopefully she was just being dramatic to make a point to the newbie COs, to take their post orders seriously.
                      No one will get a reg number or criminally charged UNLESS they were directly involved. That OPS LT is either very new or full or stuff or both.

There will be an afteraction investigation much like when a homicide takes place. They will review everything the day of, 24 hours before and 24 hours after. If they see staff misdeeds they will get called out

There will be major review on institution specific preceedures etc.

There will probably be some days off. Some exec staff will get moved. As far as firings...maybe. dependent on if yhe union can cover anything by being caused by their own policy etc

Comment

• I was going through the process for the 2016 announcement and completed everything for the hiring process, and now I'm waiting for this freeze to get lifted. Do I have to go through everything again because it's a new announcement? Hr emailed me saying dues to the current policy restricting external hiring they cannot hiring me. So she said I would have to put in another app for the 2017-18 announcement. That's bull waited all this time just for this....

Comment

I was going through the process for the 2016 announcement and completed everything for the hiring process, and now I'm waiting for this freeze to get lifted. Do I have to go through everything again because it's a new announcement? Hr emailed me saying dues to the current policy restricting external hiring they cannot hiring me. So she said I would have to put in another app for the 2017-18 announcement. That's bull waited all this time just for this....
                          I understand your frustration and do feel sorry. Unfortunately the vast majority of hiring steps for federal agencies are dictated by the slowly-moving processes of Office of Personnel Management rules. For the most part, local HR offices have their hands tied by OPM rules, and/or executive decisions made by agency management.

The primary purpose for OPM rules is to keep political favoritism out of federal hiring and federal workplace rules. We have to live with the cumbersome process created to ensure that primary goal. And, yes, the rules and processes can give you indigestion with how slowly it moves, and how prior pre-hiring actions might have expiration dates (such as your's perhaps). Again, local HR is just following the rules which they did not write.

As with anything related to the federal government, nothing moves quickly. Nothing.
                          Last edited by Signal108M; 05-16-2017, 11:09 AM.

Comment

I was going through the process for the 2016 announcement and completed everything for the hiring process, and now I'm waiting for this freeze to get lifted. Do I have to go through everything again because it's a new announcement? Hr emailed me saying dues to the current policy restricting external hiring they cannot hiring me. So she said I would have to put in another app for the 2017-18 announcement. That's bull waited all this time just for this....
                            Yes you will have to go through everything. The o my iffy would be the CVA tests as that is good for a year so you "should" be good but don't hold me too that.

As far as everything else most of the time when an institution requested a roster they are good for 90 days. An they generally purge them at the closing date so if you have not hiring freeze or not reapply under the new Open Continuous CO announcement.

Good luck

Comment

• I feel your pain as the same thing happened to me, I did however re apply i figure if I can make all the way to the end once I can do it again just gotta play the waiting game all over again!

Comment

• The flood gates are gonna have to open sooner or later!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 18414 users online. 472 members and 17942 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X