Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BOP Correctional Officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I talked to my admin lt today I should be gtg on transferring now I gotta talk to hr monday to get a date setup

    Comment


    • Capt_Falco
      Capt_Falco commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey congrats, was this for a lateral transfer to another joint or a promotion to another position?

  • Going from gl6 to ws8 at another institution gotta talk to hr monday. I filled out a family disclosure form the day the freeze was announced

    Comment


    • Looks like I waisted my time waiting for the freeze to be lifted. Now to start all over with another agency.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by jcsd619 View Post
        Looks like I waisted my time waiting for the freeze to be lifted. Now to start all over with another agency.
        I wouldn't get discouraged. And this isn't the first Freeze. They had a more serious one around 1996-97.

        Like I mentioned more smoke will clear in the next couple weeks and everyone will have more of an idea. So I wouldn't count yourself out. Keep your paperwork in because as quick as this came it can change. Especially is the amount of people that are eligible to retire decide to. And we are loosing quite a few to retirement anyway so unless they do major major restructuring (like have a ton of non custody reassigned to do custody jobs) the pace of Retirements and the freeze will bump.

        I will also say though even without a freeze getting an interview, through everything and hired can be quite the ordeal.

        Good luck

        Comment


        • Originally posted by in625shooter View Post


          I will also say though even without a freeze getting an interview, through everything and hired can be quite the ordeal.

          Good luck
          True, but it's still far less daunting than Customs/Borderpatrol, with the Polygraph and spanish proficiency test.
          I've heard they might drop the polygraph for vets and federal LE, but I'm not counting on it.
          Last edited by Greg00; 04-15-2017, 11:33 PM.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Greg00 View Post

            True, but it's still far less daunting than Customs/Borderpatrol, with the Polygraph and spanish proficiency test.
            I've heard they might drop the polygraph for vets and federal LE, but I'm not counting on it.
            With the BP there isn't a Spanish test but a made up language to gage an applicants ability to learn. If one was serious they should get Spanish down before they apply.

            The thing with BOP just because one BQ's does not mean they will get an interview. They interview 3 folks for every 1 spot so say there are 3 positions, they (as in HR handpicks 9 people off the list to interview) say the list has 20 people well that's 11 people that do not get contacted the list is good for 90 days so if they have anymore to fill they have the list of 11 to choose from.

            So BOP can sometimes be more problematic where with the BP or most others EVERYONE shows up for test A,B,C,D interview ETC until they eleminate themselves.

            And about 3 years ago BOP started a stupid Core Valuse BS test. They have had a ton of folks fail that. Even a friend with 18 years in who is a GS 12 Human Resources Assistant Manager took it for Gee Whiz and failed. Said it was the most stupid thing (designed by a phycologist go figure) and probably on par with a poly.

            So there can be just as many SNAFU in BOP hiring as anywhere else.

            Comment


            • myman12
              myman12 commented
              Editing a comment
              I heard from someone who works for BOP that BOP still isn't hiring anyone yet for soon reason. Hopefully this won't be for a long time.

          • My man, several of us here do work for BOP and have given what info we have. They are not hiring off the street in all but special circumstances. They have lifted the freeze but are only approved by the Attorney General Sessions to do promotions and such. First order of business was announcing exec staff moves which came out 2 days ago. They are moving several wardens and associate wardens. This was suppose to be announced in Feb but was put on hold.

            Next order will be to get the people that were selected and notified officially notified. So they can leave. These were people called in to the warden and told they got x,y,z but it's not official until they sign the nepotism form and it is signed off at the regional office THEN it's official. There is a pretty good back log. So once they get that clears out
            They will start figuring out how they are going to fill what other spots.

            so there is still a lot of things to fall into place. This also is not the first hiring freeze. They had one for about a year back in 1997.

            Comment


            • Tell me about it... just gotta sit and wait.

              Comment


              • I signed the family disclosure form so its just a waiting game I've been vouched for tons of food service jobs but I'm going to which ever calls first but I wish something would happen so I could get the next move planned

                Comment


                • Originally posted by in625shooter View Post
                  My man, several of us here do work for BOP and have given what info we have. They are not hiring off the street in all but special circumstances. They have lifted the freeze but are only approved by the Attorney General Sessions to do promotions and such. First order of business was announcing exec staff moves which came out 2 days ago. They are moving several wardens and associate wardens. This was suppose to be announced in Feb but was put on hold.

                  Next order will be to get the people that were selected and notified officially notified. So they can leave. These were people called in to the warden and told they got x,y,z but it's not official until they sign the nepotism form and it is signed off at the regional office THEN it's official. There is a pretty good back log. So once they get that clears out
                  They will start figuring out how they are going to fill what other spots.

                  so there is still a lot of things to fall into place. This also is not the first hiring freeze. They had one for about a year back in 1997.
                  Thanks in625shooter now this making pretty of sense. I appreciate the information. I am just ready to get on lol.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by myman12 View Post

                    Thanks in625shooter now this making pretty of sense. I appreciate the information. I am just ready to get on lol.
                    I'll add per an Associate Warden friend of mine they (they Bei g institution executive staff) BOO through IPM was allowing g them to go no higher then around 89% Manning. So unless they have a bunch of retirements most will be a while before custody drops below that %

                    Comment


                    • My facility wants to cut OT but doesn't wanna hire anyone new...go figure.

                      Comment


                      • I just applied for CO position and chose the facilities in Danbury, CT and NYC. When I submitted the application, I immediately received an NOR saying that I am "qualified" for GS 5 and GS 6. Would anyone know how much these two locations need CO's? Also, how long could I be waiting to hear back from the BOP? I know every place is different and patience is a virtue, but any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

                        Comment


                        • I applied at englewood last year in June and got an email to setup an interview in late august if that helps.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by A300! View Post
                            I just applied for CO position and chose the facilities in Danbury, CT and NYC. When I submitted the application, I immediately received an NOR saying that I am "qualified" for GS 5 and GS 6. Would anyone know how much these two locations need CO's? Also, how long could I be waiting to hear back from the BOP? I know every place is different and patience is a virtue, but any info would be appreciated. Thanks.
                            Qualified or best qualified? You're not gonna get referred unless you get best qualified

                            Comment

                            MR300x250 Tablet

                            Collapse

                            What's Going On

                            Collapse

                            There are currently 18064 users online. 475 members and 17589 guests.

                            Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                            Welcome Ad

                            Collapse
                            Working...
                            X