300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Greg00 View Post
    Is everything frozen right now? I've applied for Corrections, ICE(4 different locations), Veteran Affairs police officer(3 different locations) and haven't heard a peep from any of them for almost a month now. No rejection or any advancement in the hiring process. Is April just a bad time to apply for jobs? Why are all these positions available on usajobs.gov if they're not going to actually hire anyone?

When I applied for Corrections last year, I was referred after a few days. ICE rejected me everytime I applied, which sucked, but at least they gave me a response instead of nothing.
    There is hiring freeze Gov wise except for LE. BOP is LE except there has been an acting Director the last 18 months so they are afraid to act. BOP execs did go to Congress and they hit the new Attorney General (Sessions) to approve hiring new staff due to a ton of Retirements since even Jan to include 2 Deputy Director.

So nothing to do but wait. There are several staff in limbo on promotions and transfers right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by in625shooter View Post

There is hiring freeze Gov wise except for LE. BOP is LE except there has been an acting Director the last 18 months so they are afraid to act. BOP execs did go to Congress and they hit the new Attorney General (Sessions) to approve hiring new staff due to a ton of Retirements since even Jan to include 2 Deputy Director.

So nothing to do but wait. There are several staff in limbo on promotions and transfers right now.
      All the positions I mentioned should be exempt from the freeze, though? And again, why are they posting the positions on usajobs if they don't intend on hiring anyone.

Comment

All the positions I mentioned should be exempt from the freeze, though? And again, why are they posting the positions on usajobs if they don't intend on hiring anyone.
        There is hardly anything posted there are what 19 bop positiond listed usually there are hundreds

Comment

• A black-eye for BOP public relations in today's newspaper:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ems/100072938/

Comment

Sorry but they are not exempt. Should they be? Yes but the acting director did not push the issue to be exempt in the public safety LE clause. Congress has asked Sessions in the last week. Everyone is afraid to decide til they get clarification. Remember Bureau in BOP is short for Bureaucracy.

They are still posting open Continuous jobs to have the lists somewhat complete anticipating when they do lift it. There are what about 19 jobs listed o. 1 page for BOP now, normal rate without a freeze there are about 200 plus jobs listed and about 10-15 pages

Comment

• Originally posted by Signal108M View Post
              A black-eye for BOP public relations in today's newspaper:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ems/100072938/
              And that has been the norm for years. What is the real issue that isn't mentioned that exec staff are going to have to answer is BOP is down 14% in inmate population but 0 in allowed budget so several congressional leaders are asking where the extra money is accounted for.

Comment

• Well hopefully this freeze will end soon. They need to stop being afraid and step up for the department to hire more staff.

Comment

• Originally posted by myman12 View Post
                  Well hopefully this freeze will end soon. They need to stop being afraid and step up for the department to hire more staff.
                  Hiring freeze lifts on Wednesday. I corroborated the below link with a similar article in the Wall Street Journal. Note how the BOP is referenced in the link:

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...-hiring-freeze
                  Last edited by Signal108M; 04-12-2017, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Hiring freeze lifts on Wednesday. I corroborated the below link with a similar article in the Wall Street Journal. Note how the BOP is referenced in the link:

yay

Comment

That's a big negative on hiring. BOP put out today that they can hire internally and promotions​ etc but external hirings (from the street or new into BOP) is a negative. An institution can request a list for new hires but it will be under dire special circumstances.

Just so you know it will be awhile before they open all the way up for hiring new folks.

Comment

• jcsd619
                        jcsd619 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        where did you hear this from? I been waiting since January and on USAJOBS my status is hired as of last month, hope its not too long...

• BOP posted an update on our Agency intranet site Sally port yesterday. The Director had a conference call with all the Regional Directors and most Wardens. Basically the decision was made through the Attorney General and OPM to allow in-house/in agency promotions​ but in all but dire few circumstances hiring new staff will be none existing for the unforseen future.

Comment

BOP posted an update on our Agency intranet site Sally port yesterday. The Director had a conference call with all the Regional Directors and most Wardens. Basically the decision was made through the Attorney General and OPM to allow in-house/in agency promotions​ but in all but dire few circumstances hiring new staff will be none existing for the unforseen future.
                        Shooter, do you know if individual institutions will be able to put out 6/7 transfer announcements?
                        BOP 10/04/2015

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt_Falco View Post

Shooter, do you know if individual institutions will be able to put out 6/7 transfer announcements?
                          The way it's write laterals should be ok since that costs the GOV Zero but I would expect some resistance on them (them being DC) starting that if they can't outright replace you since they can't ask for more new hires.

Lots of smoke left to clear so I'd give it another couple weeks and more guidance should be out

Comment

BOP posted an update on our Agency intranet site Sally port yesterday. The Director had a conference call with all the Regional Directors and most Wardens. Basically the decision was made through the Attorney General and OPM to allow in-house/in agency promotions​ but in all but dire few circumstances hiring new staff will be none existing for the unforseen future.
                            How much longer do you think the freeze will last for new hires? If the BOP isn't taking new hires then I suspect very few agencies are.
                            Last edited by Greg00; 04-14-2017, 04:31 PM.

Comment

How much longer do you think the freeze will last for new hires? If the BOP isn't taking new hires then I suspect very few agencies are.
                              After 17 years I can usually predict how it rolls but in this case the administration has no idea which way to go. They are reacting to what they are told which is they can't increase number over what they had on the books 22 Jan 2017.

I can only presume they will hire off the street in limited numbers After they get pro.otuons and such done. Several joints have no Warden, Associate Wardens Captian's and such. There are even short 2 Regional Directors.

Like I mentioned they will have more of an idea (or admit it) probably the next couple weeks when the smoke clears. But there are several Capt throu wardens not to mention LTs that were selected but couldn't be notified until this rolled down Wednesday. So those folks should be getting notified the next couple weeks

As far as agencies hiring there are all kinds of commercials for the Border Patrol. They are excluded.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14142 users online. 439 members and 13703 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X