300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JohnnyUtah1989 View Post
    Thanks. Do "Time Off" awards carry points?
    Yes, I believe they are worth 2 points

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnnyUtah1989 View Post

Thanks. Do the points towards internal job openings have an impact on promotion? Also, Shooter, would DCT/ SORT help with getting an 8?
      Points do count for applying for internal jobs and BQing so they can impact.

As far as SORT/DCT or anything else it's a collateral duty and states it gives you no promotions consideration however you can sometimes gain experience from that collateral duty that helps. I have seen several get co sidereal and make their 8 and I have witnessed (been penalized myself) for being on SORT for a couple years they purposely didn't promote anyone on the teams just to appease the lumps.

So while it's not suppose to give you an advantage sometimes it can.

Comment

• Originally posted by in625shooter View Post

Points do count for applying for internal jobs and BQing so they can impact.

As far as SORT/DCT or anything else it's a collateral duty and states it gives you no promotions consideration however you can sometimes gain experience from that collateral duty that helps. I have seen several get co sidereal and make their 8 and I have witnessed (been penalized myself) for being on SORT for a couple years they purposely didn't promote anyone on the teams just to appease the lumps.

So while it's not suppose to give you an advantage sometimes it can.
        Thanks shooter. After one year at BOP, I learned that the only promotion that I eventually want is my GS-8. I wanna hang on MW, get double Sunday pay, and work one OT a week. I see no point in wearing a white shirt. Just not worth it.

Comment

• I dunno if I want a white shirt but I definitely want more than an 8. I got hired for a ws8 I'm just waiting to hear what's going on with this freeze. I'll hit 18 months in this month

Comment

• Originally posted by Rmodel1965 View Post
            I dunno if I want a white shirt but I definitely want more than an 8. I got hired for a ws8 I'm just waiting to hear what's going on with this freeze. I'll hit 18 months in this month
            I hear ya. Most of our 8s are making more than the captain and some of our 8s have the AW beat.

Comment

• Yeah but not trying to pull that much overtime lol not forever. I have a compressed schedule this quarter we ate about to start with 4 days off a week I plan on racking up some overtime since I'll have so many days off

Comment

• A GS 8 step 10 with seniority IS the most powerful position. You work the job you want, you get the days off, vacation and OT you want. You don't have to go where the Captian wants you to work.

And if your joint does it how it should Custody should get first chance on OT. Ours is set up that way (because non custody can't be mandated, custody can) but there is enough OT non custody folks that actually work it can get their share.

One other thing with LTs. Im at a joint that LTS get OT. When I was one I made less on OT as an 11 LT than most GS 7 step 5 and above make. For LTs and anyone in a management position (that can take pay over comp time) is capped on OT pay. I make about 4 dollars more for less headache an hour on OT than an 11 LT.

Just something to think about

Comment

• Originally posted by in625shooter View Post
                  A GS 8 step 10 with seniority IS the most powerful position. You work the job you want, you get the days off, vacation and OT you want. You don't have to go where the Captian wants you to work.

And if your joint does it how it should Custody should get first chance on OT. Ours is set up that way (because non custody can't be mandated, custody can) but there is enough OT non custody folks that actually work it can get their share.

One other thing with LTs. Im at a joint that LTS get OT. When I was one I made less on OT as an 11 LT than most GS 7 step 5 and above make. For LTs and anyone in a management position (that can take pay over comp time) is capped on OT pay. I make about 4 dollars more for less headache an hour on OT than an 11 LT.

Just something to think about

Amen. My joint is ran the exact same way. A maxed out 8 on MW makes almost the same as a maxed out 11 on DW...not to mention OT.

Comment

• As others have mentioned, here's the current status of job selection, transfers, promotions, etc: ... "we can only honor internal selections made prior to January 22, 2017. Previously authorized relocations with these selections will be allowed to continue. However, no new selections may be made internally or externally until further notice."
                    Last edited by Signal108M; 03-08-2017, 10:45 AM.

Comment

• With that being said, does new selections include pulling a list and doing interviews or just going forward with job offers?

Comment

• Originally posted by MsOfficer1 View Post
                        With that being said, does new selections include pulling a list and doing interviews or just going forward with job offers?
                        Everything is froze. Unless you were notified before Jan 22nd you hit an even those notified o ly the ones going to an institution or Grand Prairie can proceed. Those selected to work at halfway houses and even a Regional and Deputy Regional Director are frozen

Comment

• That's why I'm trying to find out my selection date. I emailed grand Prarie to see what my official date is

Comment

• Can someone tell me what the "FLAC" section on our pay stub means? I do a lot of OT and see OT listed in a separate categorie. However, I usually have $25-$30 of FLAC pay? Is that possibly shift differential on OT?

Comment

• I applied for this position last year and a few months later was emailed to fill out the OP-5 form. I had decided to hold off on filling it out until recently. Did they revoke the option to fill out the form because I took too long? I can't seem to find it anywhere on usajobs. I also can't reapply for the position because it still says I've already applied even though the date has expired.

Any suggestions on what i should do? Should I contact HR?

Edit: Looks like I'm reading there's a hiring freeze and I probably missed my opportunity for now?

Here is the email I received back in august.

"You need to fill in the inquiry of availability (OF-5 form) for WA-DJ-77-16-0348.
                              This is in reference to your application for Correctional Officer (Correctional Officer) vacancy.

To fill in the OF-5 form, please go to http://www.usajobs.gov and follow the instructions below.

1. Login to USAJOBS.
                              2. Select "Application Status".
                              3. Search for Correctional Officer (Correctional Officer) vacancy.
                              4. Select the "More Information" link for this vacancy.
                              5. Select the "Fill Out OF-5" action under "My Tasks".
                              6. Complete the Applicant Response section of the OF-5 form and select the "Submit" button.

Sincerely,

Consolidated Staffing Unit
                              Federal Bureau of Prisons"

And yet I can't find the form anywhere in usajobs. There is no "My tasks" section.
                              Last edited by Greg00; 03-18-2017, 10:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg00 View Post
                                I applied for this position last year and a few months later was emailed to fill out the OP-5 form. I had decided to hold off on filling it out until recently. Did they revoke the option to fill out the form because I took too long? I can't seem to find it anywhere on usajobs. I also can't reapply for the position because it still says I've already applied even though the date has expired.

Any suggestions on what i should do? Should I contact HR?

Edit: Looks like I'm reading there's a hiring freeze and I probably missed my opportunity for now?

Here is the email I received back in august.

"You need to fill in the inquiry of availability (OF-5 form) for WA-DJ-77-16-0348.
                                This is in reference to your application for Correctional Officer (Correctional Officer) vacancy.

To fill in the OF-5 form, please go to http://www.usajobs.gov and follow the instructions below.

1. Login to USAJOBS.
                                2. Select "Application Status".
                                3. Search for Correctional Officer (Correctional Officer) vacancy.
                                4. Select the "More Information" link for this vacancy.
                                5. Select the "Fill Out OF-5" action under "My Tasks".
                                6. Complete the Applicant Response section of the OF-5 form and select the "Submit" button.

Sincerely,

Consolidated Staffing Unit
                                Federal Bureau of Prisons"

And yet I can't find the form anywhere in usajobs. There is no "My tasks" section.
                                You are hit since you waited. But here is why You have about 3 problems. 1st is the OF form was for setting up interviews for that register they pulled. You don't really have the option to fill it out on your whim. They want to interview folks in the immediate future.

2nd The correctional Officer announcement that is open Continuous expired the first part of March so you will have to re apply to the new one.

3rd there is a hiring freeze and there is prediction s it will go for a months until the smoke clears. The other compounding problem is even though BOP is a LE agency and shouldn't be effected the leaders and acting g leaders (we have had an acting director for 18 months) they are afraid to make a decision on hiring or going to the new AG and press the issue.

So my advice is reapply to the new announcement and wait it out. They have trashed the last one and with the hiring freeze BOP never purged it making one last roster like was the norm in the past.

Good luck and I wouldn't blow it off again or if you apply for the same institution you won't get picked for an interview

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13229 users online. 349 members and 12880 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X