Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BOP Correctional Officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by signal108m View Post

    if you do lateral into bop, closely track if/when your accrued leave balances transfer over. One would think it's an automated computer function, but nooooooo........ My local hr office and grand prairie took many pay periods to correctly adjust my leave balances, as well as my service computation date, when i transferred from another gov't agency. Your losing agency has to provide paper documentation as proof (me providing my last pay stub from losing agency which listed that data was not acceptable proof), then someone at bop has to manually enter the transferred balances into another database. Manually ... Paper documentation ... Computer databases which don't talk to each other.
    ouch
    Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
    USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
    "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
    Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

    Comment


    • Hearing information from reliable source (connected to Grand Prairie) that transfers for promotion or lateral/new position are about to begin, exempted from the hiring freeze. This does not apply to executive or regional staff, nor is the hiring freeze lifted yet for outsiders wanting to joint BOP. What are others hearing first-hand from a reliable source?

      Comment


      • There was a memo put out but it only for selections made before jan 22nd. I was selected foe something but Im trying to figure out my exaCT selection date to see if I'm included in that our not.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Rmodel1965 View Post
          There was a memo put out but it only for selections made before jan 22nd. I was selected foe something but Im trying to figure out my exaCT selection date to see if I'm included in that our not.
          So people who are still just BQ/referred/vouched (but lacking the official "selected" status) are still at square one and the recent memo doesn't apply to them?

          If so, are we to assume no "selected" status will take place for BOP insiders until after the hiring freeze lifts?
          Last edited by Signal108M; 03-06-2017, 10:41 AM.

          Comment


          • Correct nothing external in the way of hires is taking place at the moment but hr us still going thru the process for when the flood gates open. I'm already an employee and got selected for a ws8 position but I don't know if I'm stuck as well with this freeze depending on my exact selection date I guess do I'm up in the air as well. My roommate was gonna lateral and he's stuck after they paused it buy now it looks as though they are letting them move he's trying to get more info this week.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Rmodel1965 View Post
              ... My roommate was gonna lateral and he's stuck after they paused it buy now it looks as though they are letting them move he's trying to get more info this week.
              His official status was "selected" prior to the hiring freeze, or just recently?

              Comment


              • He was picked up in December. I turned in a family disclosure form the day the ban was announced so I don't know if I was technically selected already of if its not complete till after that form? My usajob profile says hired for that job the other institution sent congrats email in my bop and the email that was sent out at the other institution but have heard silence since then.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Signal108M View Post

                  So people who are still just BQ/referred/vouched (but lacking the official "selected" status) are still at square one and the recent memo doesn't apply to them?

                  If so, are we to assume no "selected" status will take place for BOP insiders until after the hiring freeze lifts?
                  There will be no promotions or transfers or new hires for the immediate future. Sounds like they are going to tighten up the purse strings for a while

                  Comment


                  • Anyone know how much a special act award is? Do they vary from institution to institution? I'm in the running for one.

                    Comment


                    • I got one 2 quarters ago it was 350$ then they took taxes out. More importantly it is 2 points when you apply for jobs

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by JohnnyUtah1989 View Post
                        Anyone know how much a special act award is? Do they vary from institution to institution? I'm in the running for one.
                        There is a 350 and 500 dollar amount. After taxes 500 = 339 ish 350 = 220 ish

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by in625shooter View Post

                          There is a 350 and 500 dollar amount. After taxes 500 = 339 ish 350 = 220 ish
                          Thanks. Do the points towards internal job openings have an impact on promotion? Also, Shooter, would DCT/ SORT help with getting an 8?

                          Comment


                          • The points could mean te difference between being found best qualified and being referred or not.

                            Comment


                            • Thanks. Do "Time Off" awards carry points?

                              Comment


                              • I wanna say they do but I couldn't swear to it as I've never gotten one of those

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 11778 users online. 426 members and 11352 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X