Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BOP Correctional Officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • FCC Beaumont has 3 location...............so if you put in for FCI low.............can they move you to the other without you wanting it?

    if they are short staffed at the USP max..........can they pull you from FCI low and put you in USP max?

    Comment


    • I imagine you cam get roster adjusted to any security level as they feel necessary

      Comment


      • Originally posted by dangerr101 View Post
        FCC Beaumont has 3 location...............so if you put in for FCI low.............can they move you to the other without you wanting it?

        if they are short staffed at the USP max..........can they pull you from FCI low and put you in USP max?
        FCc's have 2 types of rosters. Complex roster or institutional roster. The difference is those under a complex roster you can work anywhere. There are some jobs that stay at the institution the whole 5 day work week and others like a relief job can be 2 at the low 2 at the USP and say a special assignment.

        Those on the institution type are assigned to a specific joint. Allenwood and Florence and Coleman have institution roster for line staff.

        As far as Beaumont I'm not 100% sure in most cases though (not all) complexes with more than 2 joints are institution rosters

        Perhaps someone from Beaumont will add their type in a minute

        Comment


        • Originally posted by dangerr101 View Post
          FCC Beaumont has 3 location...............so if you put in for FCI low.............can they move you to the other without you wanting it?

          if they are short staffed at the USP max..........can they pull you from FCI low and put you in USP max?
          When I was at FCC Pollock, we were hired for the USP however, while on the rookie roster or S&A you will bounce back and forth. Typically senior staff would bid on post in the medium leaving post in the USP for newer staff with no seniority. I rarely saw someone roster adjusted off their bidded post from the medium to the USP and vice versa unless it's was for SHU.

          Comment


          • How does one get into SIS are there any special requirements?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Dd1906 View Post
              How does one get into SIS are there any special requirements?
              An SIS tech is an actual job and a GL 8. So you have to be a 7 for a year to apply. But you can get on an Evedence Recovery Team (ERT) and that helps get you some experience.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by in625shooter View Post

                An SIS tech is an actual job and a GL 8. So you have to be a 7 for a year to apply. But you can get on an Evedence Recovery Team (ERT) and that helps get you some experience.
                Ok thanks,I came on as a five but I am 7 months into my masters program. Should I try to reapply to become a six or stay a 5 for a year

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Dd1906 View Post

                  Ok thanks,I came on as a five but I am 7 months into my masters program. Should I try to reapply to become a six or stay a 5 for a year
                  You can try but you will actually loose money for a min. By the time you would get it you will be getting ready to go to a 6 step 2. If you apply and they decide they should have started you at a 6 they start you at a 6 step 1 and you have to have that 6 step 1 for a year so you see your delima and what that means. It would take you almost a year longer to become a 7 step 3 than if you simply waited.

                  We had several folks in a large class that had the year of experience and everyone experience CE or not was started at the GL 5 step 1 (which is the Wardens discretion). A few files and were offered to go up to the 6 at the 6 month mark and that is what happened. They had to hold their 6 for a year while the others got a little more pay raise which out did the bump from the other way around.

                  Bottom line you are probably not going to be able to fill the squares with just education to get bumped up to a 6. And also in most cases going to get n SIS tech job within the first 3 to 5 years unless you have a detective type police or military background or are politically affiliated with a bureau family member.

                  Either way good luck.

                  Comment


                  • Does anyone know what a Maitenance Foreman (Landscaping) starts and tops out at on the WS scale? I'm hearing they top out at close to what a GS-11 LT. makes. Are WS employees still covered under LEOSA and does the retirement change at all? Thank you.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by JohnnyUtah1989 View Post
                      Does anyone know what a Maitenance Foreman (Landscaping) starts and tops out at on the WS scale? I'm hearing they top out at close to what a GS-11 LT. makes. Are WS employees still covered under LEOSA and does the retirement change at all? Thank you.
                      Depends on location but yes the top pay is similar to an 11 step 10 LT.

                      As far as LEOSA yes maintenance Foreman are covered. The only BOP staff not covered are clergy and Drs If they choose not to qualify and contractors are not. Public Health Service staff are not covered because they do not have Statutory Powers of arrest or do they quify on firwarms. Being PHS they can be assigned to a BOP facility or they take an assignment to say a Indian Affairs or military base. If PHS staff are assigned to a BOP facility they are required to attend Glynco.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by in625shooter View Post

                        ..... If PHS staff are assigned to a BOP facility they are required to attend Glynco.
                        My ICT phase 2 class at Glynco had several PHS commissioned officers in it. One PHS officer made honor grad, and it was confusing to the rest of us. To make honor grad, you had to do really well in academics, firearms, and defensive tactics. PHS didn't do firearms, so we were curious how the honor grad calculation was adjusted. Several non-PHS in my Glynco class were in the running for honor grad based on academics and defensive tactics, but the firearms ruined it for everyone. We weren't given time to zero the sights on the rifles, and everyone had loose target groupings including the guys in my class who were former military firearms instructors.

                        Comment


                        • Speaking of ICT phase 2 at Glynco ... newbies, take it seriously. When they say you will be sent home immediately for getting arrested or doing something similarly stupid off-post, they're serious. Goodbye job. While at Glynco you belong to the FLETC executive director, not to your warden. The director is point-blank serious about sending you home, to face unemployment, if you make FLETC look bad.

                          When they say you will be sent home for failing to meet academic standards, they're serious. Again, goodbye job. No questions asked, no appeal. Hit the road Jack. The academics are not rocket science, but you do have to pay attention in class, review the handouts before the tests, and use common sense. Stay involved in the classroom discussions and you'll almost detect the instructors emphasizing certain take-home facts which have a high probability of appearing on a test in your immediate future.

                          Don't go buy a brand-new vehicle or similar item with huge monthly payments just because you get a BOP job offer. You need three things to have (for lack of a better term) job security with BOP:

                          1. ICT phase 2 diploma from Glynco.
                          2. Successful background check resulting in Public Trust clearance.
                          3. Finish probationary year without any issues.
                          Last edited by Signal108M; 02-09-2017, 10:06 AM.

                          Comment


                          • Finally scheduled my interview with fci coleman, although there`s a hiring freeze with correction officers you can still do the pre employment stuff. I probably should have just booked a flight down to Florida, but i requested a courtesy interview instead
                            officially sworn into the Us Marine Corps, going in with an 03 contract leave for bootcamp on January 9th

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by hexen220 View Post
                              Finally scheduled my interview with fci coleman, although there`s a hiring freeze with correction officers you can still do the pre employment stuff. I probably should have just booked a flight down to Florida, but i requested a courtesy interview instead
                              I did my courtesy interview in a different state and still got picked up so I don't think that really effects you getting the job or not, especially at an FCC. I spoke to Coleman HR this morning, they are trying to fill 25 spots and that they will continue to make selections but cannot give a start date until the hiring freeze is lifted. Hopefully it won't be the full 90 days.
                              BOP 10/04/2015

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Capt_Falco View Post

                                .... they will continue to make selections but cannot give a start date until the hiring freeze is lifted. Hopefully it won't be the full 90 days.
                                That's disappointing. I thought "Public Safety" positions were exempt from the freeze. That would include most of the DOJ and, I assumed, the BOP.
                                Last edited by Signal108M; 02-09-2017, 01:32 PM.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 7865 users online. 383 members and 7482 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X