Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It doesn't matter what shift you work, or what kind of schedule you work. Uncle Sam is ONLY going to pay you for 8 hours of HOLIDAY PAY during the holiday week that you worked. It's the same for Thanksgiving week, Christmas, the New Year and every other holiday. You will never receive more than 8 hours PER HOLIDAY.

If you work 32 hours, you'll still get 8 hours of HOLIDAY PAY and be paid a total of 40 hours for that week. This would apply to non custody staff and other federal employees.
    I don't know everything, but I am a superlative Googler.

Comment

• But you only get holiday pay for the observed government day right?

Comment

• Originally posted by 60MM View Post
        It doesn't matter what shift you work, or what kind of schedule you work. Uncle Sam is ONLY going to pay you for 8 hours of HOLIDAY PAY during the holiday week that you worked. It's the same for Thanksgiving week, Christmas, the New Year and every other holiday. You will never receive more than 8 hours PER HOLIDAY.

If you work 32 hours, you'll still get 8 hours of HOLIDAY PAY and be paid a total of 40 hours for that week. This would apply to non custody staff and other federal employees.
        Even though I worked scheduled 16 hours that day per my compressed schedule? Please see this from OPM website:

-->> For each hour of holiday work, employees receive holiday premium pay. Holiday premium pay is equal to an employee's rate of basic pay. Employees who are required to work on a holiday receive their rate of basic pay, plus holiday premium pay, for each hour of holiday work. (See 5 U.S.C. 5546(b).) <<--
        Last edited by Signal108M; 12-28-2016, 06:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Signal108M View Post

Even though I worked scheduled 16 hours that day per my compressed schedule? Please see this from OPM website:

-->> For each hour of holiday work, employees receive holiday premium pay. Holiday premium pay is equal to an employee's rate of basic pay. Employees who are required to work on a holiday receive their rate of basic pay, plus holiday premium pay, for each hour of holiday work. (See 5 U.S.C. 5546(b).) <<--
          Well, you can let us know when you get paid.

I was just thinking about guys at my job that try to work doubles on Holidays and only get 8 hours of holiday pay.

I suppose it could be different in your case, since you're actually scheduled for a 16 on that day, but we'll see.
          I don't know everything, but I am a superlative Googler.

Comment

• Originally posted by 60MM View Post
            It doesn't matter what shift you work, or what kind of schedule you work. Uncle Sam is ONLY going to pay you for 8 hours of HOLIDAY PAY during the holiday week that you worked. It's the same for Thanksgiving week, Christmas, the New Year and every other holiday. You will never receive more than 8 hours PER HOLIDAY.

Not all the way true. Just asked a couple Good Circus and CMS workers that are on 10's and 12's and they get 10 or 12 hours of holiday pay as well as 19-12 holiday off hours depending g on schedule.

What I was not able to confirm yet (because if the short holiday week) was what is the difference since CMS and FS are on the WS pay and there are some different rules.

Such as they get 7.5% shift differential cover.paired to 10% for GL/GS and the WS get shift differential for the whole shift even if they are only on the clock til 7pm they get their shift differential for the whole shift

Comment

• Does anyone know how long a conditional offer is good for I got mine back in September then in November I got a notification on usa jobs that i was hired and since then i haven't heard anything

Comment

• I would touch base with them. Duds they give you an idea of when they wanted to bring you on? I got pushed back about 2 weeks after they said I souks get a firm offer

Comment

• Originally posted by Rmodel1965 View Post
                  I would touch base with them. Duds they give you an idea of when they wanted to bring you on? I got pushed back about 2 weeks after they said I souks get a firm offer
                  ^^This^^ I was originally suppose to be hired (with a firm letter( in a November (after an Oct interview etc( but that git out in hold and I didn't hire in til April 5 months later.

Touch base with them.

In my case that doesn't happen these days but back almost 20 years ago they use to have a Hispanic Emersion hiring to put Hispanic officers throughout the BOP. 3 of us had our firm hiring dates "postponed" so they could "bring these 5 folks in from El Paso"

So we got put on the back burner for 5 months. Fortunately they don't do that anymore because after their year all the folks would transfer back home. So they phased it out.

Comment

• While working for U.S. Dept of Defense, we worked four tens, we got paid 10 hrs of holiday pay. But that was because our shifts were built around the 4 - 10 schedule.

Comment

• You can get holiday pay the work day before or the work day after a holiday
                      Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
                      USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
                      "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
                      Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

• Originally posted by J2H View Post
                        You can get holiday pay the work day before or the work day after a holiday
                        Employees who are not required to take holidays off are paid on the day of the holiday falls on, being that Christmas and New Years fell on Sunday. Those working custody post are entitled to holiday pay on Sunday, those who's basic workweek is Monday thru Friday yes their holiday is indeed Monday.

Comment

• I was just speaking of Federal employees in General. At my agency we get paid on the workday before or after if we happen to be off on a Holiday
                          Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
                          USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
                          "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
                          Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

• Checking in from MDC Brooklyn!

Comment

• Anyone willing to share their thoughts/experience working at a female joint? I just got referred for a transfer to Fci Tallahassee and would love to move back to Florida, but I am hesitant since it is all female and I'm coming from a USP. I know they have a male detention center as well but not sure what the odds are of me being placed there. Thanks for any insight
                              BOP 10/04/2015

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt_Falco View Post
                                Anyone willing to share their thoughts/experience working at a female joint? I just got referred for a transfer to Fci Tallahassee and would love to move back to Florida, but I am hesitant since it is all female and I'm coming from a USP. I know they have a male detention center as well but not sure what the odds are of me being placed there. Thanks for any insight
                                Female joints are over exaggerated as far as the bad. If one is that weak it doesn't matter they have sex with female imates and are the same that bring **** in to male inmates. Bad is bad. Tallahassee has a couple skeletos from a bad incident 10 years ago but has somewhat recovered.

A friend transferred there as a LT and loves the area. The bad thing being that you are at a USP is staff at FCI's can be more petty filing on staff for everything because little inmate drama. USP's that just don't happen as much. That's about the biggest issue.

Good luck

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11935 users online. 426 members and 11509 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X