300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Signal108M View Post
    Might have the opportunity to promote/transfer to Yazoo City. Anyone have experience living there? What's the housing market like? Thanks.

Comment

• Just started in Yazoo PM me if need to know any thing.

Comment

• i give up on fort dix (i received my of5 a while ago but they never called me), every time i call them they say they`ll be calling for interviews in a month so i changed my preference to coleman in florida
        officially sworn into the Us Marine Corps, going in with an 03 contract leave for bootcamp on January 9th

Comment

• Void entry.
          Last edited by Signal108M; 12-21-2016, 02:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hexen220 View Post
            i give up on fort dix (i received my of5 a while ago but they never called me), every time i call them they say they`ll be calling for interviews in a month so i changed my preference to coleman in florida
            One you're name is on a list you're stuck on it for a set time period

Comment

• Originally posted by hexen220 View Post
              i give up on fort dix (i received my of5 a while ago but they never called me), every time i call them they say they`ll be calling for interviews in a month so i changed my preference to coleman in florida
              Fairton is very short staffed. Big hiring class coming in the new year.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnnyUtah1989 View Post

Fairton is very short staffed. Big hiring class coming in the new year.
                eh, i have a lot of friends down in florida plus the cost of living is cheap as hell and if i dont like it ill just transfer (if i get the job of course)
                officially sworn into the Us Marine Corps, going in with an 03 contract leave for bootcamp on January 9th

Comment

• I worked a scheduled 16 hour shift on Sunday, 12/25 (Christmas Day), and a scheduled 8 hour shift on Monday, 12/26 (the day recognized by the federal gov't as the Christmas holiday for employees). No overtime involved. . My timekeeper isn't sure which day I'll receive holiday pay for. A coworker said I'd get 16 hours of holiday pay for 12/25, plus another 8 hours holiday pay for working 12/26, although I have a hard time believing that. What do others with holiday pay experience think? Thanks.
                  Last edited by Signal108M; 12-27-2016, 10:16 AM.

Comment

I worked a scheduled 16 hour shift on Sunday, 12/25 (Christmas Day), and a scheduled 8 hour shift on Monday, 12/26 (the day recognized by the federal gov't as the Christmas holiday for employees). No overtime involved. . My timekeeper isn't sure which day I'll receive holiday pay for. A coworker said I'd get 16 hours of holiday pay for 12/25, plus another 8 hours holiday pay for working 12/26, although I have a hard time believing that. What do others with holiday pay experience think? Thanks.
                    Good question but I think you'll only get paid for yesterday.

Comment

I worked a scheduled 16 hour shift on Sunday, 12/25 (Christmas Day), and a scheduled 8 hour shift on Monday, 12/26 (the day recognized by the federal gov't as the Christmas holiday for employees). No overtime involved. . My timekeeper isn't sure which day I'll receive holiday pay for. A coworker said I'd get 16 hours of holiday pay for 12/25, plus another 8 hours holiday pay for working 12/26, although I have a hard time believing that. What do others with holiday pay experience think? Thanks.
                      Tell the time keeper the pay code for sun is HG and RG for monday. When HG is entered for Sunday you still get all Sunday premiums.

Comment

You only get 8 hrs of holiday pay. Anything over that would be OT. Trust me I played admin LT at a joint that has off the hook O/T.

As far as which day it all depends on you normal scheduled days. If Sunday is your normal scheduled day to work then you get your pay for that day. If your off but work at mon_fri but on a 5 day post that doesn't have the option of taking a holiday off then you would get your holiday pay for that Monday.

And if you have a job with a Sunday/Monday and the holiday is on sun you will get it on Saturday BEFORE. Which matters if it's between pay periods because you will get it the PP before everyone else.

Sort of crazy how it's set up

Comment

• Originally posted by in625shooter View Post

You only get 8 hrs of holiday pay. Anything over that would be OT. Trust me I played admin LT at a joint that has off the hook O/T.

As far as which day it all depends on you normal scheduled days. If Sunday is your normal scheduled day to work then you get your pay for that day. If your off but work at mon_fri but on a 5 day post that doesn't have the option of taking a holiday off then you would get your holiday pay for that Monday.

And if you have a job with a Sunday/Monday and the holiday is on sun you will get it on Saturday BEFORE. Which matters if it's between pay periods because you will get it the PP before everyone else.

Sort of crazy how it's set up
                          Thanks for all replies. Based on the above reply, this could get even more interesting. This quarter I'm working a compressed schedule: 16 on Saturdays, 16 on Sundays, and 8 on Mondays. So based on the above quote, I'd get my Christmas holiday pay for working Saturday, 12/24. And even though I worked 16 hours that day, I'll only get an additional 8 hours holiday pay? These unique pay situations for those of us who don't work 8-4, Mon-Fri, in an office setting are hard to keep track of.

Not to doubt anyone's input, but what about this quote from the OPM website? Wouldn't that indicate I get 16 hours holiday pay for working 16 scheduled hours on the holiday?

-->> For each hour of holiday work, employees receive holiday premium pay. Holiday premium pay is equal to an employee's rate of basic pay. Employees who are required to work on a holiday receive their rate of basic pay, plus holiday premium pay, for each hour of holiday work. (See 5 U.S.C. 5546(b).) <<--

The entire webpage:
                          https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-over...edules-and-pay

Comment

Thanks for all replies. Based on the above reply, this could get even more interesting. This quarter I'm working a compressed schedule: 16 on Saturdays, 16 on Sundays, and 8 on Mondays. So based on the above quote, I'd get my Christmas holiday pay for working Saturday, 12/24. And even though I worked 16 hours that day, I'll only get an additional 8 hours holiday pay? These unique pay situations for those of us who don't work 8-4, Mon-Fri, in an office setting are hard to keep track of.

Not to doubt anyone's input, but what about this quote from the OPM website? Wouldn't that indicate I get 16 hours holiday pay for working 16 scheduled hours on the holiday?

-->> For each hour of holiday work, employees receive holiday premium pay. Holiday premium pay is equal to an employee's rate of basic pay. Employees who are required to work on a holiday receive their rate of basic pay, plus holiday premium pay, for each hour of holiday work. (See 5 U.S.C. 5546(b).) <<--

The entire webpage:
                            https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-over...edules-and-pay
                            I have never delt with the compresed schedules. What I can do is ask our CMS guys. Our power house guys would k ow since they can't take a holiday off and are a 24/7 like custody but run 12 hr shifts.

Most usually just have a holiday off. Like this week if they were mon_thu they got Mon off as a holiday off and usually they would get their Tuesday as a holiday off. normalally they just get the day off as holiday off.

now in your case since that was your normal scheduled compressed I would say you might be entitled to the full 16 hits of holiday pay.

Comment

• Hey everyone I took my interview at brookyln, NY and I was told that I wasn't selected due to being written up at my job current job (Starbucks) for minor reasons & for using marijuana seven times when I was in high school almost 6 years ago. I'm going to apply to the next vacancy announcement. How long do you think I should give it to where the aforementioned isn't weighted as heavily. Thanks for the insider!!!

Comment

• I think it is 2 or 3 years from the time a job disciplined you. Mj use might be with 7 or 10 years?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11430 users online. 416 members and 11014 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X