300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dod299 View Post

I stayed in an extended stay hotel for a week till I found a place.
    Thanks man. I kinda wish that they had it set up like other agencies where you go to FLETC first so you can save up your money. How long will it be until they send me off to FLETC?

Comment

• I went 6 months in then we had people start recently that went after a month and a half in

Comment

• Originally posted by Rmodel1965 View Post
        I went 6 months in then we had people start recently that went after a month and a half in
        Cool I just read that we have to go within the first 60 days on duty.

Comment

• Supposed to doesn't always happen. I started sept last year and went in march. I got lucky it was my bday, easter and St patricks day all while I was home for training (glynco is located in my hometown )

Comment

• Wow well at least I know what to look forward too

Comment

• Originally posted by Rmodel1965 View Post
              I went 6 months in then we had people start recently that went after a month and a half in
              That's the "rule" however "comma" they were running 9 plus months after the sequester in 2013. They have gotton it down shorter now. I have seen them go right after the 60 day to around the 4-5 month mark.

Good luck

Comment

• Thanks. Has anyone ever heard of SORT teams? What are the qualifications and how are they chosen?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dd1906 View Post
                  Thanks. Has anyone ever heard of SORT teams? What are the qualifications and how are they chosen?
                  I spent 10 years on one. You have to have your year in, then when they announce tryouts you attend tryouts. They run you through the O course, 2 mile run generally see how many push ups, sit ups and pull ups as well as bench your own body weight you can do. They will throw some other things at you and such. Then if you make it tbrough the team tryout you have to do a wardens interview with the AW Capt and psychology

That's about all I will get into on it. It's good training and. Our team was/is activated several times a week for trips etc. A SORT team at a stand alone FCI (what few FCI's left that have them) won't see that much but will be required to be current per national standards.

Comment

• Man it is tough to get in this place! I have some debts to pay, not a lot only 2700, but most of them are collection agencies and they won't issue any receipts of payments until 30 days!!! I need to send this in so they can see I am paying off what I owe! Can I do a bank statement printout showing where I have played towards this? I took care of about 900 of what I owe but it's not counting without "proof"! Add insult to injury, I needed some paperwork about 2 write-ups from an old job, but as I am not a current employee, they won't send it to me!!! Starting to think this won't happen after all.
                    I have as many names as there are winds, as many titles as there are ways to die. -Odin

Comment

• Originally posted by Knightwolf View Post
                      Man it is tough to get in this place! I have some debts to pay, not a lot only 2700, but most of them are collection agencies and they won't issue any receipts of payments until 30 days!!! I need to send this in so they can see I am paying off what I owe! Can I do a bank statement printout showing where I have played towards this? I took care of about 900 of what I owe but it's not counting without "proof"! Add insult to injury, I needed some paperwork about 2 write-ups from an old job, but as I am not a current employee, they won't send it to me!!! Starting to think this won't happen after all.
                      Set up a payment plan with the different agencies and get proof. They should accept it as long as you pay on time.

Comment

• Set up payment arrangements with the different agencies and get proof of the arrangements. They should accept it as long as you stick to the arrangements.

Comment

• Contact a Debt consolidation entity, BOP will accept it. It's the fastest way to obtain the necessary documents. I used a company called American Financial Solutions.

Comment

• Well, the companies FINALLY started sending the receipts so hopefully this will be over soon. Anyone here in MCC MANHATTAN I can PM with some questions?
                            I have as many names as there are winds, as many titles as there are ways to die. -Odin

Comment

• how much is taken from each check for retirement? i am not talking about TSP........but the 6c retirement

Comment

• Originally posted by dangerr101 View Post
                                how much is taken from each check for retirement? i am not talking about TSP........but the 6c retirement
                                Us older guys they took just under 1% but anyone after sometime in 2012 is like 4.9% ish.

That's for you to get the 1.7% per year for your first 20 years (34%) then you earn 1% per year after 20. And whatever your thrift amounts are as well as your social security supplement is

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12376 users online. 412 members and 11964 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X