300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rmodel1965 View Post
    I worked mobile yesterday for the first time. I'd rather be in a housing unit that shift never ended at least it was overtime lol
    I honestly don't see how the old hacks do that. Its incredibly boring. I like doing it for a shift of o/t now and then but I couldn't do it for the 5-day.

Comment

• I thought about going to the interview for the GL5/6, but it's 2.5 hrs away, and I am already a Fed Police Officer
      Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
      USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
      "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
      Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

• well if you want to go then do it. they should step out your pay. i work with a guy who came in as a 5-8

Comment

• Originally posted by J2H View Post
          I thought about going to the interview for the GL5/6, but it's 2.5 hrs away, and I am already a Fed Police Officer
          However BOP you are on the Federal LE pay and retirement where with DOD even ad a DOD Police Officer you are not on the Fed LE retirement plan. And who want to have to work til they are 62 plus. I will be pinched out on my own at 52, and forced out on my 57th B Day. Fine by me.

Comment

I thought about going to the interview for the GL5/6, but it's 2.5 hrs away, and I am already a Fed Police Officer
            Congrats, also ensure they process your SF-50, 52, and 75 correctly. I was a 0083 with dod and left 2 years ago for BOP. I'm just now making headway with getting my steps adjusted and back pay for last two years. I've confirmed with OPM that the 2 step promotion applies even when transferring into a different fed agency. if you have any questions PM me.

Comment

Also I omitted the fact that look at all the promotion potential BOP has compared to DOD. In BOP you get your GL 7 automatically and can promote up to 9/11 LT on up. Most DOD folks are stuck at GS 6 for a career. Even if you don't promote as a maxed out 7 you will double your starting salary by the time retirement comes around. Not to mention you earn more % per year for your first 20 (1.7% a year 34% @ 20 compared to 1% per year in DOD)

Good luck

Comment

• Originally posted by Rmodel1965 View Post
                well if you want to go then do it. they should step out your pay. i work with a guy who came in as a 5-8
                so will BOP match other fed agencies? i am current TSA.......would i come in as GL-5 with higher step.

are they required to match the pay? or is it there choice.

Comment

• I don't work in hr I know they matched that guys pay out. A bunch of people in my class were tsa and came in with all their hours of leave carried over one guy was going on a trip to Hawaii right after glynco because he had a ton of hours built up unlike me I had maybe a weeks time worth

Comment

• Originally posted by dangerr101 View Post

so will BOP match other fed agencies? i am current TSA.......would i come in as GL-5 with higher step.

are they required to match the pay? or is it there choice.
                    Yes, you will start at the same pay so you shouldn't loose money. (Actually o my way to loose is go from a GS 11 somewhere then take a GL 6 job you would go to a 7 step 10 which is lower than any 11 but never seen that)

Everyone (or most everyone) coming g over goes to a 5 or 6 step whatever.

A friend was a Army NG tech as a WS something and come in as a 6 step 10 with BOP when they hired most at GS 6

Comment

• I declined it, too far to drive
                      USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
                      "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman

Comment

I declined it, too far to drive
                        To far of a drive as far as where it is for the help interview or from you house to the institution for work???

Because they can do courtesy interviews at a closer facility!

​​​

Comment

• House to institution
                          USAF VETERAN 2004-2012

Comment

• It would be worth moving in the long run...I moved 800 miles to work with them. Looking to get back closer to home right now

Comment

• I just moved last year to the house I live in
                              USAF VETERAN 2004-2012

Comment

I just moved last year to the house I live in
                                And did you apply after you bought your house knowing it was that far away????

Not to get in your business and I don't care and this isn't at you personally BUT, we have a lot of folks ask for advice x,y,z and acting surprised when they get contacted for an interview then are k me Oh I live so far away what to do.

Again Good luck

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8626 users online. 278 members and 8348 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X