300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by packer083 View Post
    Why do you advise to get a BOP logo hat?
    Caps are optional there, and they don't issue any. I always wear a cap outdoors to cut down on risk of skin cancer, which runs in my family. You can wear a cap if you wish, but it must be an official uniform style.

Comment

• Is the broadband internet worth it at glenco

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• I didn't get it. But you can have a few people on your account so a few people can pitch in to get access

Comment

• made my year a few days ago and cleared my background!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rmodel1965 View Post
            made my year a few days ago and cleared my background!
            Congrats, it's a weight lifted off your chest.

Comment

• Yep now to get back to the east coast somewhere closer to home in south georgia

Comment

• Originally posted by Rmodel1965 View Post
                Yep now to get back to the east coast somewhere closer to home in south georgia
                We have a Lt. that came from Jesup. she said it's a nice joint. I hope you get home, My wife and I made WA State home, however I'm not wanting to work in Seatac, the highrise isn't the life for me. I need the outdoors. I say that an I'm in SHU the qtr lol.

Comment

• I worked mobile yesterday for the first time. I'd rather be in a housing unit that shift never ended at least it was overtime lol

Comment

• I just redid my application, and I went from qualified to now best qualified. Non vet.

I never heard back a couple months ago for qualified. Since I'm now ranked best qualified, do you think I'll be referred?

thanks
                    CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                    02/28/14-TSL Received
                    03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                    07/01/14-VBT/SI
                    07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
                    07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• Originally posted by cur679 View Post
                      I just redid my application, and I went from qualified to now best qualified. Non vet.

I never heard back a couple months ago for qualified. Since I'm now ranked best qualified, do you think I'll be referred?

thanks
                      It's been mentioned here several time but you will only get referred to the institution if you are rated "Best Qualifies" (BQ).

The way it works is when the institution requests a list they get all the BQ applicants. However that does not automatically mean an interview. This is because they generally I review 3 people for every 1 positions (there might be exceptions but generally this is what happens) say there are 3 openings so that means 9 people get interviewed. Say there are 20 people on the list that equates to 11 people that are not interviewed.

So it sometimes helps if you call the institutions HR office and touch base. This does 2 things. It gives you an idea when is they are interviewing and 2 it puts your name in their ear and sometimes that helps in they often times pick names at random for interviews.

DO NOT however call more than once every 3-4 weeks or they will slow walk you and overlook you if you become a pest.

Comment

• Where did you apply? If you pick Beaumont, Hazleton, pollock etc you'll have a better chance of getting referred

Comment

• when do you get your uniforms? i ask because you dont go to fletc till months after your hired.

Comment

• I received an update on Oct 1st through USA jobs that I was hired. I was advised weeks ago that I should expect to start 2nd week of October. Should USA jobs status be disregarded and if something changes and I am not officially hired--will HR notify me? I have already received a conditional offer. Thanks to anyone who has advice to share.

Comment

• Originally posted by dangerr101 View Post
                              when do you get your uniforms? i ask because you dont go to fletc till months after your hired.
                              You can purchase your uniforms once you receive your $600 clothing allowance. All new hires are allowed to wear civilan clothes until for a reasonable amount of time. Do not take your regular uniforms with you to Glynco, you will be issued training uniforms while there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wheredidtimego View Post
                                I received an update on Oct 1st through USA jobs that I was hired. I was advised weeks ago that I should expect to start 2nd week of October. Should USA jobs status be disregarded and if something changes and I am not officially hired--will HR notify me? I have already received a conditional offer. Thanks to anyone who has advice to share.
                                Hr will notify you of your EOD date. ICT 1 typically starts on Mondays.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8438 users online. 227 members and 8211 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X