300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Knightwolf View Post
    With your salary plus OT, which they have plenty of, you can do alright for yourself. Or you can live in NJ right over the border it's even cheaper over there.
    Originally posted by Rmodel1965 View Post
    Between tsp and just living I've saved over 10k in less than a year in louisiana 6k in tsp and over 4k in my savings. I doubt id saved that much in nyc
    The key is moderate. I am at a place with a lot of O/T and we have officers making 100K plus a year and we are on rest of us salary.

I see some staff making 100K that are broke and some that only do OT is they are mandated live like kings with plenty of money in the bank.

The secret is moderate and DO NOT base a Harley, Quad Cab diesel truck, kabota tractor etc etc payment on O/T. It does dry up at times (even us) and having to work if your under the weather is no fun.

Comment

• I hardly work ot. Probably less than 50 hours this year. Granted If I wanted the ot it flows like water

Comment

• Is this possible at a FCC like Beaumont, or do rookies get mandated a lot for OT?

Comment

• Originally posted by kengorecore View Post
          Is this possible at a FCC like Beaumont, or do rookies get mandated a lot for OT?
          It depends on institutions. Most FCC's have some O/T. I am guessing but I don't believe Beaumont has issues with having to mandate all that much. (They are not a care level 3 medical that I know of). So be prepared, we all get hit here and there but it won't be like Victorville was about 8 years ago (not sure if it got better) but dude were getting mandated there a couple times a week.

You will run more risk if you work M/W due to the smallest shift is received by the biggest
          Last edited by in625shooter; 09-08-2016, 12:03 AM.

Comment

• Gotcha, Thanks for the reply man. Just trying to find out as much info as possible that way I won't be a totally oblivious rook.

Comment

• Do I need to bring any uniforms or anything else to glenco

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• No just biz casual the first day you're gonna be issued uniforms and even a duty belt while there that you will wear the entire time. Then whatever you want to wear on your free time. When do you go?

Comment

• BOP Correctional Officer

12 hours lol

Comment

• Oh lol when you get there definitely get bug spray and sun screen.. I dunno if you're driving or not but if you get off base here is a list of things to do

Jekyll island: sea turtle center, summer waves if it's still open??n beaches way less crowded than st simons because it's a state park and cost 5$ to park. You can tour the millionaire villages etc

St simons is ok to visit down by the pier

Food: in brunswick you should definitely stop at willies weenie wagon(they relish your bun)
                    Pizza in brunswick go to Broomelli Boys near the mall. Pizza on st simons go to Sal's

Bbq you must hit up southern soul if you go to st simons.

If you want seafood then you need to make a trip to Darien about 15 miles north of fletc off of highway 17. Go to B&J's steak and seafood on the nights they have the seafood buffet I think it's Thurs-Saturday night. All the seafood places on the island are tourist traps this is the legit place to get seafood in the area.

Comment

• Nice thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Rcplaneguy View Post
                        Do I need to bring any uniforms or anything else to glenco

Plain black boots or shoes to wear with daily duty uniform they issue. Running shoes (they issue FLETC gym clothes). Strongly advise a BOP logo ball cap. They're sold there in the shopette if you don't already own one.

Comment

• Do they sell flex fit hats or one size fits all

Comment

• Sallys cop shop right across from the entrace on fletc has tons of different choices. You can buy hats on base as well.

Comment

• Cool

Comment

• Originally posted by Signal108M View Post
                                Plain black boots or shoes to wear with daily duty uniform they issue. Running shoes (they issue FLETC gym clothes). Strongly advise a BOP logo ball cap. They're sold there in the shopette if you don't already own one.
                                Why do you advise to get a BOP logo hat?
                                Knowledge is best used to apply action, not to disrupt or corrupt action.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12775 users online. 391 members and 12384 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X