Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did FLETC avoid damage or schedule disruption from Hermine? I'd love to see their bug-out evac plan for those hundreds of students.
    Last edited by Signal108M; 09-04-2016, 07:35 PM.

Comment

• Hey guys new to the thread. Are there any other positions that you can move up to eventually? If so could you guys tell me a few?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dd1906 View Post
        Hey guys new to the thread. Are there any other positions that you can move up to eventually? If so could you guys tell me a few?
        Like 150 positions...

If you have the experience, or kiss the correct rings/butts, you may get one of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Signal108M View Post
          Did FLETC avoid damage or schedule disruption from Hermine? I'd love to see their bug-out evac plan for those hundreds of students.
          It's a couple or three thousand at any given time and they have contingency plans for several scenarios. Haven't evacuated ever that I recall. All the hurricanes seem to mis them and it just rains and gets windy.h and a former colleague who was firearms there and said they always got by with nothing

Comment

• Originally posted by fed2015 View Post
            Like 150 positions...

If you have the experience, or kiss the correct rings/butts, you may get one of them.
            Thanks anything dealing with investigations or things outside of the facility?

Comment

Investigation, sort of and yes. Outside of the facility, no with a very limited exception that you have a .0001% chance of getting. There is a Special Investigation Section (SIS) that employs technicians (GL-8), SIS Lieutenants (GL-9 and GS-11) and Special Investigative Agents (GS-12). A few joints have intelligence analysts (GL-9 and GS-11). There are some other units outside of institutions like Sacramento and central office and some regional internal affairs investigators, but getting one of those jobs is like winning the lottery.

You will never be a street cop, detective or criminal investigator in the traditional sense with the BOP. If you are looking for that, you will never find it in the BOP. Could you "investigate" a murder and be involved in prosecuting the offender, absolutely in SIS in just about any USP. Will you run and gun, serve search warrants, kick down doors or solve a real whodunnit, not a chance in hell.

Comment

• Anyone have any inside info on weather coleman has pulled a list of applicants recently. As many of you have said I know FCCs hire lots just curious on what their hiring and staffing situation recently

Comment

If you want any kind of filling investigative work go to a municipal or state LE Agency. With the exception of a homicide (at mainly USP's) here or there and they are handled by a GS 11 SIS LT or higher (GS 8 SIS techs do some leg work) the most investigative you will do is tracking some narcotics introduction and etc with the majority tracking down inmates getting money sent into their accounts by Gasp....another inmate/inmates family.

And or why inmate Johnny got beat up by his own car dumb stuff

Good luck though

Comment

• Originally posted by Rmodel1965 View Post
                    They posted a sign up sheet on the board. If you don't list them then they can't come class day
                    I'm not there yet. So all I have to do is put her name down and she can come

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Rcplaneguy View Post
                      I'm not there yet. So all I have to do is put her name down and she can come

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Yep they will need id insurance card and registration to get on base they will stop at the building outside of the fletc

Also that stuff has to be current or they won't allow the vehicle on base. Same goes if you drive

Comment

• Originally posted by Signal108M View Post
                        Did FLETC avoid damage or schedule disruption from Hermine? I'd love to see their bug-out evac plan for those hundreds of students.
                        This is floating around on fb I saw it from a friend's post since it's my hometown https://scontent-dft4-2.xx.fbcdn.net...4a&oe=584DBB45

My mom's house lost one window during the storm and that was the extent of the damage for her. The last time brunswick had a big storm was 1964. The president came thru and declared it a disaster area

Comment

• Originally posted by GldnPmtr View Post
                          Anyone have any inside info on weather coleman has pulled a list of applicants recently. As many of you have said I know FCCs hire lots just curious on what their hiring and staffing situation recently
                          Dunno I applied to the street trying to get closer to home. Hopefully some lateral positions will be posted soon as well

Comment

• Originally posted by Rmodel1965 View Post
                            Dunno I applied to the street trying to get closer to home. Hopefully some lateral positions will be posted soon as well
                            You won't get picked up that wY if currently a BOP enjoyed. You have to wait for a posting for a lateral that says "BOP Reassignment eligible". I would suggest you talk to your AW or Warden. They probably know someone exec staff wise at Colman and that is how institutions make those announcements. They get word of folks wanting to lateral.

Comment

• My buddy just got picked up of the street at williamsburg he has been vouched out already. He will be gone 10 days after our year. But he's a vet so he got preference when they pulled a list

Comment

• I probably would actually prefer jesup since it's only 35 mins from the house in georgia. I just figure coleman will have more opportunities and greater chance of ot if I want any

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9951 users online. 515 members and 9436 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X