Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Signal108M View Post
    Hypothetically speaking ...

Say you give an I/M a well-deserved shot, 300 level. Just can't justify a 200-level charge, no matter how you look at the facts. Now whenever you pass the I/M's locked cell (either walking inside or outside the I/M's regular housing unit, not SHU), you get an earful of expletives directed at you from him which would make a Marine blush. What to do? Just ignore it, as it comes with the job? Report a concern to SIS? There have been no direct verbal threats made, just a constant stream of angry agitated sewer mouth.
    You could write a second IR for insolence however that is down there on the severity too. Here is how shots work. A 100-200 series go directly to DHO however the LT investigates it and forwards it. On a 3-400 level the LT can handle it informally or forward it to the Unit Disciplinary Committee (UDC is unit team) and they decide sanctions or they can resolve suspend etc.

My advice don't want time on a 3-400 IR by itself. (tacked on with a 1-200 series yes)
    As a former LT no one cares and it looks like you can't handle your housing unit. When they run their mouth or break one of your rules shake them down and take the stuff that isn't issued (soft contraband, FS items etc) that usually isn't a big deal. That's your leverage.

And don't go to SIS with petty BS.

Comment

• Duplicate, please ignore.
      Last edited by Signal108M; 09-03-2016, 09:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by in625shooter View Post
        You could write a second IR for insolence however that is down there on the severity too. Here is how shots work. A 100-200 series go directly to DHO however the LT investigates it and forwards it. On a 3-400 level the LT can handle it informally or forward it to the Unit Disciplinary Committee (UDC is unit team) and they decide sanctions or they can resolve suspend etc.

My advice don't want time on a 3-400 IR by itself. (tacked on with a 1-200 series yes)
        As a former LT no one cares and it looks like you can't handle your housing unit. When they run their mouth or break one of your rules shake them down and take the stuff that isn't issued (soft contraband, FS items etc) that usually isn't a big deal. That's your leverage.

Sounds good, appreciate the experienced advice. Thanks.

Comment

• So my wife is dead set on coming to my fletc graduation can she just show up or is there paperwork that has to be done before hand and where would I get that paperwork

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Rcplaneguy View Post
            So my wife is dead set on coming to my fletc graduation can she just show up or is there paperwork that has to be done before hand and where would I get that paperwork

Simple...talk to your class coordinator...that's part of what he/she is there for.

Comment

Unless your in a FCI that might fly, USP Lmao you'll be lucky if OPS keeps him in the tank for you... hit their cellies or someone in their car for their extra crap(comfort items) don't waste time on items that you need issue the Im a confiscated property notice.

I have a few that need a memory jog tomorrow that I'm not a rookie, sucks I have to ruin Sunday football oh well they hit.

Comment

• Originally posted by fed2015 View Post
                Simple...talk to your class coordinator...that's part of what he/she is there for.
                So the class coordinator is at fletc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So the class coordinator is at fletc

Yes. You will meet your class coordinator on the first day of class.

Family members do attend BOP graduation ceremonies, not in numbers like CITP, CBP and other lengthy classes, but they expect at least a handful per ceremony.

Comment

• Any new intel on rumored uniform changes? No one at my place knows.

Comment

Any new intel on rumored uniform changes? No one at my place knows.
                      All tentative but Union officials at the national conference a couple weeks ago saw some anticipated new uniforms. Facilities are like the ild nickel Grey's they use to wear (like Dickey's) and for custody grey pants sort of like 511's but not really and. Grey polo and the vest is outer and black in color.

What becomes final isn't final until then though. Been through the last uniform change and it took over 2 years with a couple E mentions on the old uniform granted because of vendor issues (actually BOP issues because they tried to have the vendor use inferior materials because it was cheaper) and the first back simply fell apart.

So it will still be a minute

Comment

Actually they can be pretty accommodating. Your academy probably isn't THST long so just ask about rescheduling
                        You were right about HR. They accommodated my schedule and I was able to complete U/A and physical. HR at the facility have been awesome through this process. The manager told me he would call next week with a go/no go. But, he said very few people make it this far in process, so things are looking good. Time will tell.

Comment

• Labor Day holiday

If I have Mondays off as part of my regular schedule, with 40 hours scheduled over others days of the same week, do I get an additional eight hours of straight pay since I am off Labor Day? How are we compensated if a federal holiday falls on a scheduled day off (regular schedule, not on annual leave)?

Comment

If I have Mondays off as part of my regular schedule, with 40 hours scheduled over others days of the same week, do I get an additional eight hours of straight pay since I am off Labor Day? How are we compensated if a federal holiday falls on a scheduled day off (regular schedule, not on annual leave)?
                            I would think that you would receive another day off during the work week to compensate the fact that your normal day off is a government holiday. I don't think they would pay you more due to the fact that you are already getting a paid day off.

Comment

You receive an extra days pay. Whatever you make on straight time X 8 hours. Non custody get paid for that holiday but only work 4 days that week.

As custody you can't get an extra day off so you get paid for 6 days but work 5

It ain't the Military, they pay you
                              Last edited by in625shooter; 09-04-2016, 04:11 PM.

Comment

So my wife is dead set on coming to my fletc graduation can she just show up or is there paperwork that has to be done before hand and where would I get that paperwork

They posted a sign up sheet on the board. If you don't list them then they can't come class day

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9538 users online. 403 members and 9135 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X