Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe I didn't word this correctly. I am wondering since I got referred for Beaumont, can I now change my location to increase my chances of getting picked up?

Comment

• Originally posted by kengorecore View Post
      Maybe I didn't word this correctly. I am wondering since I got referred for Beaumont, can I now change my location to increase my chances of getting picked up?
      Ur stuck on Beaumont list up to 90days. Even if u change ur location it wouldn't matter. Until Beaumont closes their list ur stuck.

Sent from my SM-N930P using Tapatalk

Comment

• Gotcha man, Thanks for the help!

Comment

Maybe I didn't word this correctly. I am wondering since I got referred for Beaumont, can I now change my location to increase my chances of getting picked up?
          Originally posted by Six_Eight View Post
          Ur stuck on Beaumont list up to 90days. Even if u change ur location it wouldn't matter. Until Beaumont closes their list ur stuck.

Sent from my SM-N930P using Tapatalk
          You can change it and turn Beaumont down even but will be dependent on the other place to pull a register with your name on it (ie you will have to update with them as your number 1). You don't have to wait 90 days officially but again are dependent by on when/if the other place pulls another list. That can also be dependent on if they are in the middle of interviews etc they might be covered up for the time being.

I would recommend going through with Beaumont. They have a lot of slots to fill and worst case if they won't hire you the other place won't either (not meaning that negatively just saying)

So get on at Beaumont and then when you get your year in put in for a lateral to where you want to be.

Good luck

Comment

• Thanks for the advice man, Its not that I dont want to go to Beaumont, I am just trying to get hired period.

Comment

Thanks for the advice man, Its not that I dont want to go to Beaumont, I am just trying to get hired period.
              As shooter stated, you are better off continuing the process with FCC Beaumont, once you in you can try for a new joint or the joint you're interested in. I applied for FDC SeaTac and FCC Victorville... and ended up at FCC Pollock,I was there for 19 months and moved on to my current joint which is neither FDC SeaTac or Victorville.

Comment

Thanks for the advice man, Its not that I dont want to go to Beaumont, I am just trying to get hired period.
                Often times people end up shooting themselves in the foot when they try and "chase" I situations around. Getting contacted for an I review is 3/4ths the battle

Comment

• Are the locations with pay incentives on the current announcement doing the most hiring at the moment or have most of those slots been filled?
                  If so what other locations are looking for people? Trying to escape TSA hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by GldnPmtr View Post
                    Are the locations with pay incentives on the current announcement doing the most hiring at the moment or have most of those slots been filled?
                    The places with pay incentives always have and always will be in need of folks. Other aces about any FCC with a USP has regular openings. Berlin NJ is s reaming for staff due to geographic location.

Comment

• So I sent in my NCIC check paper work and credit check info on 8/22, I am waiting to get a courtesy interview set up. Does anyone know how long this should take?

Comment

So I sent in my NCIC check paper work and credit check info on 8/22, I am waiting to get a courtesy interview set up. Does anyone know how long this should take?
                        Can't say. Severall factors can come I to play and each location can work a little different on timelines.
                        Last edited by in625shooter; 09-02-2016, 08:22 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GldnPmtr View Post
                          Are the locations with pay incentives on the current announcement doing the most hiring at the moment or have most of those slots been filled?
                          If you are trying to leave TSA, your best bet is look into FCC Coleman if you're in FL. As shooter stated FCC's and USP's are hopping right now for staff. it's easier to get hired at a joint and Transfer most Wardens ask for at least a year before voucheing out.

Comment

So I sent in my NCIC check paper work and credit check info on 8/22, I am waiting to get a courtesy interview set up. Does anyone know how long this should take?
                            My advice, inquire if they are going to do the entire process in one day, it maybe worth the trip down. I asked Pollock to allow FDC SeaTac to do a courtesy interview and they denied the request, an the reason, Pollock did everything that day which sped the process up. I interviewed in June and EOD in August 10th.

Comment

• Originally posted by dod299 View Post
                              If you are trying to leave TSA, your best bet is look into FCC Coleman if you're in FL. As shooter stated FCC's and USP's are hopping right now for staff. it's easier to get hired at a joint and Transfer most Wardens ask for at least a year before voucheing out.
                              Yeah i have Coleman as my first pick and Victorville as second.

Comment

• Hypothetically speaking ...

Say you give an I/M a well-deserved shot, 300 level. Just can't justify a 200-level charge, no matter how you look at the facts. Now whenever you pass the I/M's locked cell (either walking inside or outside the I/M's regular housing unit, not SHU), you get an earful of expletives directed at you from him which would make a Marine blush. What to do? Just ignore it, as it comes with the job? Report a concern to SIS? There have been no direct verbal threats made, just a constant stream of angry agitated sewer mouth.
                                Last edited by Signal108M; 09-03-2016, 06:28 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7636 users online. 405 members and 7231 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X