• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That sounds horrible I like being able to buy 5.11 pants they last longer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnnyUtah1989 View Post
      I keep hearing more about this new uniform rumor. I was told today by the brass at my joint that "at some point in 2017", we will be switching to dark gray BDUs with a stripe and black shirts, very similar to Massachusetts DOC. Anyone else wanna chime in?
      I also heard black and gray uniforms coming 2017-2018.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Fillup87 View Post
        GL-8/10 pay is about 60k. GS-11/10 is about 77k. That's about 7.5 hours of OT per week as a GL-8 to make up the difference.

The pension difference will be about 6600 per year, at 25 years. That's only $550 per month, but it's $550 per month until you die!

Everyone is going to have to make up their own mind on what's worth what. Some people are content with less responsibility and a decent pay, some want to be at the top.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”

― Norman Vincent Peale
        Hey Shooter,

How much do you put into your TSP every pay period I imagine it might be in the range of 8 to 10%?
        Knowledge is best used to apply action, not to disrupt or corrupt action.

Comment

• Originally posted by packer083 View Post
          Hey Shooter,

How much do you put into your TSP every pay period I imagine it might be in the range of 8 to 10%?
          Right around 12%

Comment

• I only do 5% right now, until I get stepped next year.
            Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
            USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
            "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
            Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

• Has anyone read the article about private institutions being abolished? I am guessing that should lead to more aggressive hiring. It said most of the facilities will be out of contract in the next few years and will not be renewed.

Comment

• Originally posted by plumber View Post
                Has anyone read the article about private institutions being abolished? I am guessing that should lead to more aggressive hiring. It said most of the facilities will be out of contract in the next few years and will not be renewed.
                That is what DOJ announced and will only effect some BOP inmates. What most folks don't realize is DHS has private contract facilities for ICE inmates and several states DOC's utilize private facilities.

So just because DOJ made an announcement doesn't mean private Prisons will quite existing. They will still hold ICE inmates as well as State DOC inmates.

Comment

• Originally posted by plumber View Post
                  Has anyone read the article about private institutions being abolished? I am guessing that should lead to more aggressive hiring. It said most of the facilities will be out of contract in the next few years and will not be renewed.
                  All private institutions are low security. The BOP can absorb many of those inmates into existing facilities. I don't know how many of those facilities, if any, are owned by the BOP and operated by a contractor though. If the BOP owns one or more of those facilities, that will create some jobs, but not more than a couple of hundred jobs per facility.

Comment

• There are two private bop facilities in georgia one in Folkston and McRae I dunno if the bop still owns the buildings but it would be nice for them to have folkston as a regular facility then I'd have jesup and there close to home

Comment

• Originally posted by fed2015 View Post
                      All private institutions are low security. The BOP can absorb many of those inmates into existing facilities. I don't know how many of those facilities, if any, are owned by the BOP and operated by a contractor though. If the BOP owns one or more of those facilities, that will create some jobs, but not more than a couple of hundred jobs per facility.
                      Originally posted by Rmodel1965 View Post
                      There are two private bop facilities in georgia one in Folkston and McRae I dunno if the bop still owns the buildings but it would be nice for them to have folkston as a regular facility then I'd have jesup and there close to home
                      BOP doesn't own any private facilities the private company does. CCA, GEO etc

And not all inmates are low at private facilities. The one in Mississippi where they rioted and a CO was killed is one example.

The only BOP jobs effected would be each private facility that houses BOP inmates have what they call Facility "Oversight" staff. They are all like GS 12,13 or so that are an on-site liaison for them to BOP and from BOP to them.

And with the train wreck AUSP Thomson has become BOP won't be buying and already made facilities anytime soon. There is also on the works another FCI planned to be constructed in Lecteir (sp) KY at some point

Comment

• My status was changed to referred, am I to assume that I will be contacted soon?

Comment

• Originally posted by NYPD14AUX View Post
                          My status was changed to referred, am I to assume that I will be contacted soon?

That's not 100% guaranteed. Yes you have to get referred to get O. The list they use to pull names from however if there are 30 folks on the list and they are hiring 4 then they would contact (pick) 12 for interviews leaving 18 for next time.

If your trying for a FCC you will more than likely get contacted since they go through most lists.

A stand alone low FCI your ods decrease a lot.

I would recommend (as has been stated on these pages multiple times) give your institution HR Office a call and touch base. Just don't call them more than once every 3-4 weeks or you could guarantee they omit you from an interview.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYPD14AUX View Post
                            My status was changed to referred, am I to assume that I will be contacted soon?

When you receive an OF-5, that typically is the sign the process is going to begin.

Comment

• Thanks for the reponses, I picked coleman in Florida as my number 1 choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by in625shooter View Post
                                That's not 100% guaranteed. Yes you have to get referred to get O. The list they use to pull names from however if there are 30 folks on the list and they are hiring 4 then they would contact (pick) 12 for interviews leaving 18 for next time.

If your trying for a FCC you will more than likely get contacted since they go through most lists.

A stand alone low FCI your ods decrease a lot.

I would recommend (as has been stated on these pages multiple times) give your institution HR Office a call and touch base. Just don't call them more than once every 3-4 weeks or you could guarantee they omit you from an interview.
                                Agreed, I'm at a homestead joint and we just hired about 30 CO's. I don't see anymore coming in any time soon.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7659 users online. 414 members and 7245 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X