Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I made best qualified and was referred around 4 weeks ago. My status just updated to "not hired" today. That makes no sense to me. I wasn't even given an interview or anything. The locations I applied for were in high demand. I'm former military police and currently work for the federal government.

Anyone know what could've been the reason? Could Long Beach and San Diego be on a hiring freeze?
    Last edited by Greg00; 07-22-2016, 02:25 AM.

Comment

• Got my conditional offer and filled out my eqip today :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg00 View Post
        So I made best qualified and was referred around 4 weeks ago. My status just updated to "not hired" today. That makes no sense to me. I wasn't even given an interview or anything. The locations I applied for were in high demand. I'm former military police and currently work for the federal government.

Anyone know what could've been the reason? Could Long Beach and San Diego be on a hiring freeze?

That happened to me earlier this year. They took all vets and closed their list. Once a list is closed and your still on it ur status on USA jobs goes to "Not Hired".

What facility did u apply to?

Comment

So I made best qualified and was referred around 4 weeks ago. My status just updated to "not hired" today. That makes no sense to me. I wasn't even given an interview or anything. The locations I applied for were in high demand. I'm former military police and currently work for the federal government.

Call HR and ask. What many folks don't u derstand is just because you get referred DOES NOT guarantee you will get an interview. They interview 3 people for every one spot (normally) say they refer 20 people. For 3 openings. That means they pick 9 people from the list to interview. That leaves 11 that got referred but didn't get an interview.

Here is the tricky part and why you need to call. If you didn't get picked for an interview it normally doesn't say "not hired" it normally stays saying "referred". Doesn't mean anything is wrong but I would call and get some clarity so if they have other spots you are still on the referred list.

Good luck

Comment

• what if you`re referred and filled out the of-5?? that happened to me and im still waiting
            officially sworn into the Us Marine Corps, going in with an 03 contract leave for bootcamp on January 9th

Comment

• Originally posted by hexen220 View Post
              what if you`re referred and filled out the of-5?? that happened to me and im still waiting
              Should just be a matter of time. If it was more than 5-6 weeks I would try and politely touch base and see if they have a general time line.

But DO NOT call more than once every 3-4 weeks or they can slow walk you if you become "that person"

Comment

• It was about 2 or 3 weeks ago

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
                officially sworn into the Us Marine Corps, going in with an 03 contract leave for bootcamp on January 9th

Comment

• So my firm offer will be coming this week according to HR (They hired a handful but need to get us all in for a UA and physical before setting the start date) and I was told that my E-QIP is now released. I talked to my current employer (but didn't give notice yet) about the opportunity. I didn't want to blindside her and run the risk of the BI telling her instead of me. I have to much respect for her and her business for that. To say she took it badly would be an understatement. She actually shut the door in my face. If she chooses to give my BI a bad reference and I saved all of the conversations that we've had since and there's no disciplinary actions in my personnel file, should I be worried? I haven't met the BI yet.
                  Last edited by rvl_bop; 07-22-2016, 10:33 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rvl_bop View Post
                    So my firm offer will be coming this week according to HR (They hired a handful but need to get us all in for a UA and physical before setting the start date) and I was told that my E-QIP is now released. I talked to my current employer (but didn't give notice yet) about the opportunity. I didn't want to blindside her and run the risk of the BI telling her instead of me. I have to much respect for her and her business for that. To say she took it badly would be an understatement. She actually shut the door in my face. If she chooses to give my BI a bad reference and I saved all of the conversations that we've had since and there's no disciplinary actions in my personnel file, should I be worried? I haven't met the BI yet.

No. Just let the HR person know si they can put it in their notes and when you have a face to face with your BI tell them you didn't get a warm response from your boss. They totally get it. Several state DOC's sent happy either.

Comment

• Originally posted by in625shooter View Post
                      Call HR and ask. What many folks don't u derstand is just because you get referred DOES NOT guarantee you will get an interview. They interview 3 people for every one spot (normally) say they refer 20 people. For 3 openings. That means they pick 9 people from the list to interview. That leaves 11 that got referred but didn't get an interview.

Here is the tricky part and why you need to call. If you didn't get picked for an interview it normally doesn't say "not hired" it normally stays saying "referred". Doesn't mean anything is wrong but I would call and get some clarity so if they have other spots you are still on the referred list.

Good luck
                      Yeah that's what threw me off. I've applied for around 20 jobs on usajobs.gov and have never had a status become "not hired". Why would I see it now when I made best qualified and was referred. Sounds like a glitch in the system or something.

Comment

• Originally posted by Six_Eight View Post
                        That happened to me earlier this year. They took all vets and closed their list. Once a list is closed and your still on it ur status on USA jobs goes to "Not Hired".

What facility did u apply to?
                        I applied for Terminal Island, Long Beach and MCC San Diego CA.
                        Congrats on the conditional offer.
                        Did you end up reapplying once you were moved to "not hired" status?
                        Last edited by Greg00; 07-22-2016, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Thanks!!! Yes I did.. Call Grand Prairie and ask when that facility list is going to be audited and closed. Then ask when can u appy to another facility. They may say your clear now...

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
                          Last edited by Six_Eight; 08-12-2016, 06:12 AM.

Comment

Yeah that's what threw me off. I've applied for around 20 jobs on usajobs.gov and have never had a status become "not hired". Why would I see it now when I made best qualified and was referred. Sounds like a glitch in the system or something.
                            BOP policy is to put a final status on every applicant on a certificate. Referees means you made the certificate they pulled. Not hired is your final disposition from that certificate. Reapply.

Comment

Those are popular spots because of their location, similar to the FCI low in Englewood (Denver), Colorado. FCC Florence (and specifically, the USP) are so short that they are 'mandatorying' people, meaning forced overtime. Most of the morning watch (12-8am) are often 'mandatoried' for day watch (8-4pm) as soon as they arrive for shift.

Some are averaging $4-7k extra/year in forced overtime, while others are volunteering (3-5 16-hour shifts/week) and have pulled over $90k/year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Co0311 View Post
                                Those are popular spots because of their location, similar to the FCI low in Englewood (Denver), Colorado. FCC Florence (and specifically, the USP) are so short that they are 'mandatorying' people, meaning forced overtime. Most of the morning watch (12-8am) are often 'mandatoried' for day watch (8-4pm) as soon as they arrive for shift.

Some are averaging $4-7k extra/year in forced overtime, while others are volunteering (3-5 16-hour shifts/week) and have pulled over $90k/year.
                                Your math is wrong g, you make on average to $300 per shift of overtime (GL 8 step 10 more GL 5 step 1 less)

Some officers here are making $100,000 a year. We have a little more with a care level 3 medical with hospital OT but institution OT is off the hook too (and has been forever)

The average is about $20,000 to the base (on top of any holiday, shift differential and Sunday)

Down side to M/W you have the smallest shift co wrong for the biggest shift so less people to mandated from si comes around mor.

We are averaging 3-4 days a week for M/W once a week for E/W and about once a month for D/W (facilities and non custody make a dent in E/W and M/W OT)

That does not count normal OT folks sing up for and take in addition too mandates.
                                Last edited by in625shooter; 07-23-2016, 09:53 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14196 users online. 445 members and 13751 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X