Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was sent an OF-5 form a few days ago. I completed the form and sent it back. Do I wait for the institution to contact me to set up an interview, or should I contact them?

Some users in this thread said that they were contacted by the institution's HR after completing the form. It says on the form though, to contact the institution.

What did you guys do?

Comment

• Originally posted by onwardsalways View Post
      I was sent an OF-5 form a few days ago. I completed the form and sent it back. Do I wait for the institution to contact me to set up an interview, or should I contact them?

Some users in this thread said that they were contacted by the institution's HR after completing the form. It says on the form though, to contact the institution.

What did you guys do?
      Obviously if you got the OF5 you are on the list for an interview however sometimes there can be oversights so there is no harm in calling to touch base. Just don't call like every day etc. Once about every 3 weeks or so. Anything more and you become "That Applicant" and you could find yourself slow walked.

Good luck

Comment

• Originally posted by 60MM View Post
        I don't mean to sound at all like a dick, but when you fill out the OF-5, it explicitly says to call the referring HR institution to schedule an appointment. It also lists their phone number on the same page.

Originally posted by onwardsalways View Post
        I was sent an OF-5 form a few days ago. I completed the form and sent it back. Do I wait for the institution to contact me to set up an interview, or should I contact them?

What did you guys do?
        I would do exactly as instructed on the OF-5. If they don't answer, leave a message and wait.
        Last edited by 60MM; 06-16-2016, 11:04 PM.
        I don't know everything, but I am a superlative Googler.

Comment

• Originally posted by 60MM View Post

I would do exactly as instructed on the OF-5. If they don't answer, leave a message and wait.
          It took a month between the OF-5 and the schduling of my interview. the folks in HRS can be hard to get ahold of by telephone.

Comment

• Originally posted by dod299 View Post
            It took a month between the OF-5 and the schduling of my interview. the folks in HRS can be hard to get ahold of by telephone.
            The time it takes seems to be completely random and dependent on the institution.

One place I got in contact with within the week, the other called me back the same day I filled out the OF-5 and I called them.

Comment

• I'm a new hire with bop I started in April and the last few days I have been sick and tonight I started feeling really bad so I called in sick the LT basically told me as a probationary employee I was looking at getting fired what's the chances of that happening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Rcplaneguy View Post
                I'm a new hire with bop I started in April and the last few days I have been sick and tonight I started feeling really bad so I called in sick the LT basically told me as a probationary employee I was looking at getting fired what's the chances of that happening

check pm

Comment

I'm a new hire with bop I started in April and the last few days I have been sick and tonight I started feeling really bad so I called in sick the LT basically told me as a probationary employee I was looking at getting fired what's the chances of that happening

You will be okay, many in my ICT class banged in during their probationary year.

Comment

• BOP Correctional Officer

Originally posted by Rcplaneguy View Post

It's not good that you're banging in and it's really not good if you're banging in frequently or in conjunction with your days off. I've seen probationary employees counseled over this and only one fired for sick leave abuse. The one who was fired banged in as soon as he had 8 hours and frequently in conjunction with his days off and then he did other stupid stuff and banged in again after being counseled and put on notice. It still took like two months to fire that guy and he was probationary.

Despite all that, it's only a year that you need to not be that guy who can't keep sick leave on the books. Unless you just physically cannot make it to work, just go to work.
                    Last edited by fed2015; 06-19-2016, 07:18 AM.

Comment

• This is my first time calling off and I'm not the type to call off unless I'm really sick at my last job I didn't call off the first 3 years there

Comment

This is my first time calling off and I'm not the type to call off unless I'm really sick at my last job I didn't call off the first 3 years there

If it's legit then don't worry about it. Some will blow you s&%t but don't worry about it if it's only once. Your sick your sick. You need a Dr note for 3 days or longer but as a rookie if you take 2 days off in a row get a Dr note anyway and they can pound sand. Nothing they are going to do for being sick one day like they did in the 1990's.

But God help you if you take a few 3 day weekends as a rookie

Comment

• I worked 6 days was sposed to work today as my Friday so unintentionally it turned into a 3 day weekend but the way the LT was describing it I was looking at getting fired for this one call off and I'm scheduled to leave for fletc July 5th

Comment

• I don't know man, if it's legit and you're sick I wouldn't even worry.

If you are lying just to get the day off it's probably not the first time they felt you weren't carrying the weight.

Just get the doctors note and give it to your boss.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

• It's legit I just really like this job and don't want to lose it.

Comment

• I don't work for the BOP, yet. But I do work for another federal agency that isn't law enforcement.

It's the same here, everyone screams about the "probation", and they love to talk about how easy it is to fire you for taking sick days and other petty stuff.

I've only seen one person fired during probation, and he only came to work like 3 days a week, and I've only heard of one other getting fired because he wasn't physically fit to do the work.

They give you sick time from DAY 1!, there's a reason for it. I wouldn't worry about it, if it's your only time doing it so far, and you don't make a habit of it.

Heed Shooter's advice.

P.S. Save that sick leave, it can buff you pension, even if only a little.
                                Last edited by 60MM; 06-19-2016, 08:11 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 18421 users online. 470 members and 17951 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X