Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I completed an OF-5 at the end of March, and have heard nothing back yet. My top pick was for Coleman. I'm not sure what the hold up is. Has anyone else been going through the hiring process for Coleman lately?

Comment

• I submitted OF-5 on 6/3 for Yazoo city and I haven't heard anything yet but I don't know what to do because I start the NYCDOC academy on June 26
      EXAM # 1320
      LIST # 15**
      EXAM DATE JUNE 25, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by dominicano View Post
        I submitted OF-5 on 6/3 for Yazoo city and I haven't heard anything yet but I don't know what to do because I start the NYCDOC academy on June 26
        I would call them. If they can not pin down an answer for you (and your confident and comfortable with) I would not worry. You have a gig with NYC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sheriff McLawDawg View Post
          I completed an OF-5 at the end of March, and have heard nothing back yet. My top pick was for Coleman. I'm not sure what the hold up is. Has anyone else been going through the hiring process for Coleman lately?
          Originally posted by dominicano View Post
          I submitted OF-5 on 6/3 for Yazoo city and I haven't heard anything yet but I don't know what to do because I start the NYCDOC academy on June 26
          I don't mean to sound at all like a dick, but when you fill out the OF-5, it explicitly says to call the referring HR institution to schedule an appointment. It also lists their phone number on the same page.
          I don't know everything, but I am a superlative Googler.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sheriff McLawDawg View Post
            I completed an OF-5 at the end of March, and have heard nothing back yet. My top pick was for Coleman. I'm not sure what the hold up is. Has anyone else been going through the hiring process for Coleman lately?
            I think they had an IF class start around a month ago. I also know that they sent out more OF-5's last week.

Comment

• Originally posted by 60MM View Post
              I think they had an IF class start around a month ago. I also know that they sent out more OF-5's last week.
              That vary's, everytime I've received an OF-5. HRS contacted me to schedule the "Interview".

Comment

• Application status was changed to Hired as of yesterday. Just waiting on a EOD.
                Last edited by bolo1187; 06-10-2016, 04:06 PM.

Comment

• I applied today, got best qualified for gs 5 and highly qualified for gs 6. Are those good indicators that I can be called?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by NYPD14AUX View Post
                    I applied today, got best qualified for gs 5 and highly qualified for gs 6. Are those good indicators that I can be called?

You will get called for the 5 but not the 6. You have to be rates "Beat Qualified" to get referred. But for the last 6 or so years most Wardens with few exceptions are bringing EVERYBODY on at the GL5 rate no matter if they BQ'd as a 6 or not. Which is no big deal, you would be at the same place at the start of year 3 that one that starts as a 6 is. Only bad thing is you would take a year longer to be eligible to put in for an 8 spot but at 2 years in no one if really ready for their 8.

Comment

• Originally posted by in625shooter View Post
                      You will get called for the 5 but not the 6. You have to be rates "Beat Qualified" to get referred. But for the last 6 or so years most Wardens with few exceptions are bringing EVERYBODY on at the GL5 rate no matter if they BQ'd as a 6 or not. Which is no big deal, you would be at the same place at the start of year 3 that one that starts as a 6 is. Only bad thing is you would take a year longer to be eligible to put in for an 8 spot but at 2 years in no one if really ready for their 8.
                      Thanks, appreciate the info, I put Coleman as my first choice.

Comment

• My status got changed to 'referred'. This means that I'm on a list sent to the facility from HR right? Or do all applications get 'referred'?

EDIT: The reason why I ask is that I only just put FCI Berlin as my #1 choice like maybe 1-2 weeks ago. This seems very fast.
                        Last edited by onwardsalways; 06-12-2016, 11:06 AM.

Comment

• It means that your name is on a list of BQ candidates forwarded to that particular HR office. As I understand it you may or may not get interviewed, depends on the number of potential hires needed. The people they are going to interview are off that list though.

Comment

• Hey guys,

Just wanted to ask if anyone had any info on FCI BENNETTSVILLE, SC. Any idea if they plan to pull a list soon or if it is a homestead? I have had this as my 1st choice since march-april when the announcement opened with Coleman as my 2nd. Any chance of landing Bennettsville this year in your opinion? I plan to call HR this week, but figured I would get your thoughts 1st.

Also how likely are they to pull my name for coleman since I made it my 2nd choice? I am best qualified gs-5.

I have some experience with state level probation and I am now looking to move to federal probation or BOP and if I can get Bennettsville I would not have to move! Any info would be helpful, and I appreciate it in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Achyuta View Post
                              Hey guys,

Just wanted to ask if anyone had any info on FCI BENNETTSVILLE, SC. Any idea if they plan to pull a list soon or if it is a homestead? I have had this as my 1st choice since march-april when the announcement opened with Coleman as my 2nd. Any chance of landing Bennettsville this year in your opinion? I plan to call HR this week, but figured I would get your thoughts 1st.

Also how likely are they to pull my name for coleman since I made it my 2nd choice? I am best qualified gs-5.

I have some experience with state level probation and I am now looking to move to federal probation or BOP and if I can get Bennettsville I would not have to move! Any info would be helpful, and I appreciate it in advance.
                              Have you tried calling FCI Bennettsville HR to ask them when they may be pulling a cert?

Comment

• Originally posted by Achyuta View Post
                                Hey guys,

You will not be recognized by Coleman, they have too many applicants that have them listed 1st.

Coleman started a class in May and June, and they're planning one in July that they have already been screening applicants.

Like Fed2015 said, I would TRY and get in touch with the other place's HR, if you can.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3981 users online. 196 members and 3785 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X