300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by onwardsalways View Post
    Are there any big differences between the FCCs/USPs, or are they all mostly the same?
    There are a couple complex's (FCC) have two FCI'S most have a USP. A USP is a USP. The only difference is the FCI will run different than a USP even within the same complex.

Where that's more relevant is some Complex's have a complex roster so as an Officer or LT you could be at the USP 3 days out of your week and at the FCI the other days or via versa.

At USP's though you will see more things within 6 months than some people see in a 20 year career

Comment

• Originally posted by dominicano View Post
      Hey guys I just received an email stating I was referred and to completed the OF-5. But when I went to completed it it only ask me when can I start work. I put 20 days and then I submit it. That was it?

Thanks
      It's quite literally that simple.

Comment

• Yes. I found it weird, just put in 20 days and submit
        EXAM # 1320
        LIST # 15**
        EXAM DATE JUNE 25, 2011

Comment

Yes. I found it weird, just put in 20 days and submit
          It's basically to let you know that they are interested in you and to ask you if you're still interested in them as it's likely been some time since you originally expressed your interest (applied). Like when a kid passes a check yes or no note to another kid.

But seriously, if you clicked that you're interested in the grade they are interviewing for and submitted it, the next step is an interview date and all that goes with that.

Comment

• Ok I was told by a friend who's on the job that we need to do a test before the interview
            EXAM # 1320
            LIST # 15**
            EXAM DATE JUNE 25, 2011

Comment

Ok I was told by a friend who's on the job that we need to do a test before the interview
              It's called the Core Values Assessment (CVA) and it's done before the interview on the same day as the interview.

Comment

• Ok got you
                EXAM # 1320
                LIST # 15**
                EXAM DATE JUNE 25, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by in625shooter View Post
                  There are a couple complex's (FCC) have two FCI'S most have a USP. A USP is a USP. The only difference is the FCI will run different than a USP even within the same complex.

Where that's more relevant is some Complex's have a complex roster so as an Officer or LT you could be at the USP 3 days out of your week and at the FCI the other days or via versa.

At USP's though you will see more things within 6 months than some people see in a 20 year career
                  Shooter took the words right out my mouth. My old joint the USP and the FCI, was closely aligned to each other with few differences. Which, I won't go into on a public forum. However it's possible that FCI'S within a complex will have USP problems. there were times the FCI was down more than our USP was. however when the USP would "pop off". It was 3-4 times as worse.

Try having a stabbing in Mainline, only to have anywhere from 1 - 7 housing units light off all at the same time.

All that being said, I am missing the Pen life right about now. And for those of us who work in Mediums, remember Inmates who've made it out the USP truly don't want to go back despite any BS they tell you.

Comment

• Originally posted by dod299 View Post
                    Shooter took the words right out my mouth. My old joint the USP and the FCI, was closely aligned to each other with few differences. Which, I won't go into on a public forum. However it's possible that FCI'S within a complex will have USP problems. there were times the FCI was down more than our USP was. however when the USP would "pop off". It was 3-4 times as worse.

Try having a stabbing in Mainline, only to have anywhere from 1 - 7 housing units light off all at the same time.

All that being said, I am missing the Pen life right about now. And for those of us who work in Mediums, remember Inmates who've made it out the USP truly don't want to go back despite any BS they tell you.
                    I will also add the Admin doesn't usually sweat the small stuff at USP's. Too busy with real world things. your not pressed as much over uniforms, or the he said she heard petty staff filings and they need their safe space that happen at some mediums and about every low FCI.

Comment

• I think I'm being a little inpatient here...

I think I'm going to change my preferred location to Coleman. Seems like they're the facility that hires the most. I have my preferred as Berlin right now, but it's an FCI so I'll probably be waiting a while, no?

Is Coleman a good shot for getting into the BOP quickly? or quicker...? lol

Comment

I think I'm being a little inpatient here...

I think I'm going to change my preferred location to Coleman. Seems like they're the facility that hires the most. I have my preferred as Berlin right now, but it's an FCI so I'll probably be waiting a while, no?

I just got my OF-5 today from Coleman. I'm still on the fence about my post military career. BOP is moving faster than other options and from what I've read on this forum and prison officer, it's what you make it. I applied on 8 Apr 16.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I think I'm being a little inpatient here...

Berlin is hurting for staff. They don't even have all the housing u it's open because of it. Berlin has had issues getting g staff due to geographic location and there are not any real population centers close by. So Berlin is easy to get o .

Colman being one of not only the largest complexes it has 2 USP's so it's not that hard to get picked up at either.

So do you want slow action in the snowy north or heat and humidity and afternoon rain every day along with a busy enviourmeny.

Pick wisely my friend.

Good Luck

Comment

• Originally posted by in625shooter View Post
                            Berlin is hurting for staff. They don't even have all the housing u it's open because of it. Berlin has had issues getting g staff due to geographic location and there are not any real population centers close by. So Berlin is easy to get o .

Colman being one of not only the largest complexes it has 2 USP's so it's not that hard to get picked up at either.

So do you want slow action in the snowy north or heat and humidity and afternoon rain every day along with a busy enviourmeny.

Pick wisely my friend.

Good Luck
                            Are there any places that are hiring at the rate, or higher, of Coleman and Berlin? I'm probably going to keep my preferred option the same, but I want to keep my options open. I'm a little hesitant to move so far north, but am willing. A warmer climate would be nice though. An FCI also seems like it would be an easier place to work, but the USP I'll get better experience....

I'm not a veteran btw. Will that hurt me?
                            Last edited by onwardsalways; 06-07-2016, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Are there any places that are hiring at the rate, or higher, of Coleman and Berlin? I'm probably going to keep my preferred option the same, but I want to keep my options open. I'm a little hesitant to move so far north, but am willing. A warmer climate would be nice though. An FCI also seems like it would be an easier place to work, but the USP I'll get better experience....

I'm not a veteran btw. Will that hurt me?
                              About all the USP's have been going through and will continue to hire. They are adding staff. We are 60 or so short since they decided to add more for the #2's in the i it's that added 30 or so.

So while there are a couple FCI's that you can get on (Berlin, Aliceville, Herlong, Mendoza and I might have omitted one) most FCI'S are hit and miss. It USP'S or FCC's are pretty regular hiring. So pick an area you wNt and try that instead of following places around. That could take you out when the last place you were in for pulls a list but you just changed your preferences.

Comment

• I received more than one OF-5, and declined them all due to distance from home (nearest was 2 hours)
                                Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
                                USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
                                "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
                                Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11041 users online. 396 members and 10645 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X