Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have an assessment/interview next week at Marion. Any tips on the assessment? I hear its caused quite a few head aches for some.

Comment

• Use common sense..always do the right thing..

Comment

• Follow all rules and directions for your post to the letter, when considering an answer regarding a scenario. One of the reasons people fail is they insert their version of a best action versus the post information given, eg always write an incident means always, even for very minor stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by kawninja1200 View Post
          Also hear Canaan is looking to hire a bunch more. Both prisons are the complete opposite of each other, lol.
          Any idea when Canaan might pull a list? Also does anyone know if your 1st and 2nd options are weighed the same, as in if NYC is my 2nd choice and they pull a list for BQ will I still have a shot or passed over due to it not being my 1st choice?

Comment

• Originally posted by spect1 View Post
            Any idea when Canaan might pull a list? Also does anyone know if your 1st and 2nd options are weighed the same, as in if NYC is my 2nd choice and they pull a list for BQ will I still have a shot or passed over due to it not being my 1st choice?
            Normally you are not contacted on your 2nd pick. Back in the day (showing my age) you listed 3 but now pretty much your first one.

Sometimes other institutions will e mail you and tell you to change your preference. Those are ones that have depleted their own register but still have openings.

Good Luck

Comment

• I Applied like 3 weeks ago for USP Cannan with a BQ and they are already trying to get me in for ICT Phase 1 on the 12th of June. I am currently working as LE for the Dept. of Veteran Affairs.

Comment

• Originally posted by in625shooter View Post
                Normally you are not contacted on your 2nd pick. Back in the day (showing my age) you listed 3 but now pretty much your first one.

Sometimes other institutions will e mail you and tell you to change your preference. Those are ones that have depleted their own register but still have openings.

Good Luck
                Ty for the reply.

Originally posted by Chiver1776 View Post
                I Applied like 3 weeks ago for USP Cannan with a BQ and they are already trying to get me in for ICT Phase 1 on the 12th of June. I am currently working as LE for the Dept. of Veteran Affairs.
                Right now my number 1 choice is NY, NY and Canaan is my second. I am highly considering swapping the two and making Canaan my first choice.

Comment

• Does anyone have any information on what it is like to work for FCI oxford? Are there any current FCI co's here? Is oxford a good place to work compared to other facilities? I saw the prison camp here is rank as one of the "easiest" places to do time in the country. I know the actual FCI is medium security and is direct supervision. I am coming from a county corrections facility and not sure how the transition will be? Is county corrections tougher to handle then federal corrections, or is it the other way around?
                  Knowledge is best used to apply action, not to disrupt or corrupt action.

Comment

• Originally posted by packer083 View Post
                    Does anyone have any information on what it is like to work for FCI oxford? Are there any current FCI co's here? Is oxford a good place to work compared to other facilities? I saw the prison camp here is rank as one of the "easiest" places to do time in the country. I know the actual FCI is medium security and is direct supervision. I am coming from a county corrections facility and not sure how the transition will be? Is county corrections tougher to handle then federal corrections, or is it the other way around?
                    I traveled to Oxford a few times and have seen folks transfer to and come from there. Oxford is referred to as FCI Cupcake in nothing really goes on. To be truthful about every FCI medium or low is not a bad spot. You might we an occasional fight but anything more is very rare. USP's are where 90% of the bad stuff happen and frequently.

As far as tougher than a county depends on your outlook. The thing with BOP is they are all about inmate programs so you will see that and it will seem like they have more stuff coming.

There is BOP policy and institutional supplements (way institutions tweak policy for their individual needs) being Oxford is a medium I wouldn't go in there thinking stuff happens, just learn how they do it take to some senior 7 or 8 Officer to mentor from and you will be fine.

Everybody that I know that worked there had nothing bad to say (a couple didn't like the cold winters) its sort of a lay down joint in folks go there to lay down til retirement as there is little inmate drama.

Good luck
                    Last edited by in625shooter; 05-26-2016, 07:02 AM.

Comment

• Interviewed Mon 5/23, received conditional offer today and physical and urinalysis is slated for Tues. Definitely didn't expect it to happen that fast but I'm not complaining.

Comment

• Marion has alot of nice hiking and things to do in the area. I have heard that Carbondale has gotten rough, are you a local?

Comment

• bolo, congrats on the COE!
                          Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
                          USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
                          "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
                          Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

• Originally posted by Wentwest View Post
                            Marion has alot of nice hiking and things to do in the area. I have heard that Carbondale has gotten rough, are you a local?
                            I'm originally from central IL but have been in the Carbondale area for about 10 yrs now. And it definitely has got a little rough... not horrible but they do call it little Chicago at times haha

Comment

• Well congratulations on the job bolo. I'd have you say hi to guys I used to work with there, but all are retired now! I hear it is fairly mellow now compared to the 80s and the nineties.
                              How is the pay there now for the cost of living?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wentwest View Post
                                Well congratulations on the job bolo. I'd have you say hi to guys I used to work with there, but all are retired now! I hear it is fairly mellow now compared to the 80s and the nineties.
                                How is the pay there now for the cost of living?
                                If I'm thinking right...I actually know the warden pretty well that was there around that time frame

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7655 users online. 446 members and 7209 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X