X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rcplaneguy View Post
    Tomorrow will be my first day out of IF any advice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where you gonna be at? I showed up my first shift early like 45 mins asked the guy that was in there he stayed the class before me and spoke broken English and basically said have a goodnight and walled off...show up ask questions if you can and read the post orders

Comment

• Let me know how it goes. I start IF tomorrow.

Originally posted by Rcplaneguy View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by Usmc1586 View Post
        Can anyone speak on how Coleman is..family in Tampa Florida and trying to get closer to them

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
        I'm at Coleman PM me if you'd like.

Comment

• Originally posted by kawninja1200 View Post
          Let me know how it goes. I start IF tomorrow.
          Where did you get hired

Comment

Where did you get hired
            I tried sending you a private message it says yours is turned off from receiving them.
            Last edited by kawninja1200; 05-01-2016, 07:00 PM.

Comment

make this apart of your vocabulary, "You're Hit", it's a magical term.
              Co is the move closed, yes, Inmate, " can I make it to the rec yard" my reply, " ya hit".
              Co I forgot my MP3 player, my reply ya hit.
              CO can you pass these books for me... nope ya hit.
              just a few examples. being that you don't what they got comming yet. standard answer, No or ya hit.
              Read the Post orders, the A an O handbook.
              You can PM me we can exchange info be glad to email ya. Most guys are willing to help some ol heads don't want nothing to do with rookies.

I'm at my second joint and it's sad I have more experience than some of the 5-6 yr guys here.

If it were up to me every co would do minimum of a year in a USP.

Comment

• Originally posted by dod299 View Post
                make this apart of your vocabulary, "You're Hit", it's a magical term.
                Co is the move closed, yes, Inmate, " can I make it to the rec yard" my reply, " ya hit".
                Co I forgot my MP3 player, my reply ya hit.
                CO can you pass these books for me... nope ya hit.
                just a few examples. being that you don't what they got comming yet. standard answer, No or ya hit.
                Read the Post orders, the A an O handbook.
                You can PM me we can exchange info be glad to email ya. Most guys are willing to help some ol heads don't want nothing to do with rookies.

I'm at my second joint and it's sad I have more experience than some of the 5-6 yr guys here.

If it were up to me every co would do minimum of a year in a USP.
                Wait til you have the admin type you have to deal with as a LT that have never seen USP type issues. They are dandy's

Comment

Remember, the only thing an inmate can do for you is get you locked up. Do not share ANY personal information with inmates. It may seem insignificant to you if they ask you where you grew up or what college you went to but they can put all the pieces together and make a whole picture.

Comment

• Originally posted by dod299 View Post
                    That's a very bold statement.

Those of us that have been around a little bit don't need to talk to you rookies because you guys already know everything. We are just sitting back in awe learning all we can watching you guys.
                    Last edited by HapkidoKa; 05-03-2016, 10:02 PM.
                    Inmate: Why y'all treat us like criminals
                    Me: you really want an answer to that
                    Inmate: Man thats crazy CO

Comment

• Originally posted by HapkidoKa View Post
                      That's a very bold statement.

Those of us that have been around a little bit don't need to talk to you rookies because you guys already know everything. We are just sitting back in awe learning all we can watching you guys.
                      Here is some more advice.... As a rookie keep your mouth shut and your ears open. Stay humble. No one cares how you did it at the state or county, the BOP has its own way of running things. I NEVER mouth of to an old hack and take in everything they are trying to tell me. The only "old staff vs new staff" issues come from those that have 5-10 years in and act like they never made a mistake before.

Comment

• Hahaha true HapkidoKa! Long time no post my friend! I sincerely hope you aren't that guy dod299! Humility in this line of work will mean pressing that button or not. If you don't learn something new everyday regardless of how small then you're not as star spangled awesome as you think you are! Take care and remember we never walk alone. Oh btw I'm a second year rookie!

Comment

• Originally posted by SUPPLYORDIE View Post
                          Hahaha true HapkidoKa! Long time no post my friend! I sincerely hope you aren't that guy dod299! Humility in this line of work will mean pressing that button or not. If you don't learn something new everyday regardless of how small then you're not as star spangled awesome as you think you are! Take care and remember we never walk alone. Oh btw I'm a second year rookie!
                          Its good to hear from you also SUPPLYORDIE. I remember pm'ing you while I was waiting for my offer letter to come in! Oh how time has flown by.

ETA: As far as humility goes... NEVER be afraid to ask for assistance. We had a fight in a housing unit. The number 2 hit is body alarm and the number one said "we got it under control, its all good". I would rather have additional staff present and not need them than the other way around. I also hear staff that dont check out handcuffs or spray because "if I put my hands on an inmate I know their going down". Its not a huge burden to carry it on you during your shift so why not have it ready?
                          Last edited by dox1842; 05-04-2016, 08:30 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dox1842 View Post
                            Its good to hear from you also SUPPLYORDIE. I remember pm'ing you while I was waiting for my offer letter to come in! Oh how time has flown by.

ETA: As far as humility goes... NEVER be afraid to ask for assistance. We had a fight in a housing unit. The number 2 hit is body alarm and the number one said "we got it under control, its all good". I would rather have additional staff present and not need them than the other way around. I also hear staff that dont check out handcuffs or spray because "if I put my hands on an inmate I know their going down". Its not a huge burden to carry it on you during your shift so why not have it ready?
                            I had a guy once that said he didn't need to carry his radio when he worked housing units.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
                            Inmate: Why y'all treat us like criminals
                            Me: you really want an answer to that
                            Inmate: Man thats crazy CO

Comment

• Originally posted by HapkidoKa View Post
                              I had a guy once that said he didn't need to carry his radio when he worked housing units.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
                              You will see all kinds of stupid by new and old staff. Just keep quiet take everything in and Make Your Own Case on who is worth following as a mentor. You will see some great solid staff to follow and some well.....you will be there if they call for help and that's it.

Those dumb as &%#t senior staff read up on policy and when they want to argue they are easily proven wrong. Their main tactic is hate, discontent and grumyness not fact. (In fact some are so far back in time with their thought process you will be surprised they have survived in this day and age, and arnt in a museum. And not just about work eithet, seeing their ongoings off duty as well)

But also, Realize you and you alone will not effect change on silly ways BOP does things. Justvkearn how to navigate it without allowing it to drive you nuts.

Good luck
                              Last edited by in625shooter; 05-04-2016, 09:06 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by in625shooter View Post
                                Those dumb as &%#t senior staff read up on policy and when they want to argue they are easily proven wrong. Their main tactic is hate, discontent and grumyness not fact. (In fact some are so far back in time with their thought process you will be surprised they have survived in this day and age, and arnt in a museum. And not just about work eithet, seeing their ongoings off duty as well)
                                This. The few senior staff that are on the New staff vs old staff mentality consequently have issues going on in their personal lives. They are divorced and paying a good portion of their check to their ex, got skipped over for promotion too many times, or just generally hate life.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9683 users online. 421 members and 9262 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X