• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Rcplaneguy View Post
      Where do you get the ID holder that has the bop logo on the front with your prisons name with gold letters on the front

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Check sally cop shop they have a few different wallets etc

Comment

• Originally posted by Fillup87 View Post
        For references you give them, by law they can only ask if you worked there and if they would rehire you.

As far as the background investigation, that's more up Shooter's alley.
        That is a well worn myth. I used to do backgrounds. You sign a waiver, and many questions are asked. Including who else might know you well or are friends with you. We would really dig.
        If you go to opm.gov, then click on the header that says investigations, then I believe FAQs it tells you this as well. We understand much of what is said is or can be opinion so we look to verify information

Comment

• Originally posted by Rcplaneguy View Post
          What kind of questions do they ask your former employers and do they always contact them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          There is a reference contact form in the HR policy manual. Scripted set of questions that they are not supposed to deviate from unless they add that same question to all of the reference checks in that group of candidates. That is if HR is following policy...

Comment

• What are some things I can do to boost my resume/experience when the time comes to apply to a Case Manager position? I'm currently OTJ with custody and hold a BA degree in Criminal Justice.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnnyUtah1989 View Post
              What are some things I can do to boost my resume/experience when the time comes to apply to a Case Manager position? I'm currently OTJ with custody and hold a BA degree in Criminal Justice.
              You should qualify with a CJ degree but the 24 hours in social services aor whatever they are wanting and the cross development course can't hurt.

Also poliruc, what they call Networking. Get with a decent case and unit manager and let them know your career plans and ask for guidance. That always helps.

Comment

• Originally posted by in625shooter View Post
                You should qualify with a CJ degree but the 24 hours in social services aor whatever they are wanting and the cross development course can't hurt.

Also poliruc, what they call Networking. Get with a decent case and unit manager and let them know your career plans and ask for guidance. That always helps.
                Thanks. Do CM always get hired from their institution or would I have a shot of being a CM at another joint?

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnnyUtah1989 View Post
                  Thanks. Do CM always get hired from their institution or would I have a shot of being a CM at another joint?
                  Generally you stand more of a chance of getting a CM job from being a CO, Secretary etc at your joint but I have seen a few get a CM job at another joint as well just more time than not folks become CM's by in house promotions

Comment

• Any idea if places like Danbury, CT or NY, NY plan on hiring anytime soon? Just applied and I'm curious.

Comment

• Originally posted by spect1 View Post
                      Any idea if places like Danbury, CT or NY, NY plan on hiring anytime soon? Just applied and I'm curious.
                      i called danbury a few weeks ago and they said maybe 6 months and in ny they just said they didn't know
                      officially sworn into the Us Marine Corps, going in with an 03 contract leave for bootcamp on January 9th

Comment

• Originally posted by spect1 View Post
                        Any idea if places like Danbury, CT or NY, NY plan on hiring anytime soon? Just applied and I'm curious.
                        If you don't want to wait and willing to move put in for a complex or standalone USP. I've got less than two years and I'm already at my second joint.

Comment

• Originally posted by dod299 View Post
                          If you don't want to wait and willing to move put in for a complex or standalone USP. I've got less than two years and I'm already at my second joint.
                          How would I go about doing this? Would I need to select N/A under an option or?

Comment

• Apply for an FCC or USP as your first choice. Pick one like coleman or pollock Beaumont etc. Once you have a year in you can transfer to another place

Comment

• Can anyone speak on how Coleman is..family in Tampa Florida and trying to get closer to them

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Tomorrow will be my first day out of IF any advice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11637 users online. 438 members and 11199 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X