300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sheriff McLawDawg View Post
    So my application status says referred, and my top choice is Coleman, does anyone know what the next step is and how long this might take?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    It means you were BQd and referred means your name was sent to the institution. To be on a list they will pull for interviews. With a lot of places just because you are referred does not guarantee you will get an interview in they contact 3 folks for every 1 spot HOWEVER with the amount of hiring Coleman does I would be surprised if you are not contacted.

As far as time line I would say it would be within the next month. They are beefing up the numbers for ISP's and several are having hiring vests in the near future.

Good luck

Comment

• Originally posted by in625shooter View Post
      It means you were BQd and referred means your name was sent to the institution. To be on a list they will pull for interviews. With a lot of places just because you are referred does not guarantee you will get an interview in they contact 3 folks for every 1 spot HOWEVER with the amount of hiring Coleman does I would be surprised if you are not contacted.

As far as time line I would say it would be within the next month. They are beefing up the numbers for ISP's and several are having hiring vests in the near future.

Good luck
      Hiring vests?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fillup87 View Post
        Hiring vests?
        I ment Vets, but my phone corrects me more than my wife does!

Comment

• Next step is an of5. Which is basically when are you available for an interview keep and eye on your email!

Comment

• Does anyone here work at Beaumont?

Comment

• Guys wanting in the Bureau, keep an eye out for FCC'S(with USP's), and USP'S as they move to around the clock number 2's.
              as far as the hiring process goes, timelines are different for each joint. Mine would have been quicker provided I would have been able to make my interview a month early. all in all took about 5 months from the time I applied, to my EOD date.
              Originally posted by in625shooter View Post

Good luck

Comment

• What kind of questions do they ask your former employers and do they always contact them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Rcplaneguy View Post
                  What kind of questions do they ask your former employers and do they always contact them

To confirm what your duties were, how long and is you were a $hitbag and YES they are always contacted. The OPM investigator does more in depth interviews of former employers but HR will also contact them. Its what they call getting someone vouches out. But rest assured it is easier on the folks trying to get hired than it was 20 years ago. 20 years ago if someone there said negativities it was the gospel. Now a days it has to be more proved. They sort of understand people can have ****ung contests etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by in625shooter View Post
                    To confirm what your duties were, how long and is you were a $hitbag and YES they are always contacted. The OPM investigator does more in depth interviews of former employers but HR will also contact them. Its what they call getting someone vouches out. But rest assured it is easier on the folks trying to get hired than it was 20 years ago. 20 years ago if someone there said negativities it was the gospel. Now a days it has to be more proved. They sort of understand people can have ****ung contests etc.

Does HR always contact them? I feel like my HR did the bare bones minimum and didn't call anyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnnyUtah1989 View Post
                      Does HR always contact them? I feel like my HR did the bare bones minimum and didn't call anyone.

Usually they do and its odd if they don't. Could be you have a bare bones minimum type (they are everywhere in BOP) OR could be a case if your at a place with mass hiring they just were going through everyone for interviews and possibly just omitted it but they Usually do contact them.

Comment

What kind of questions do they ask your former employers and do they always contact them

For references you give them, by law they can only ask if you worked there and if they would rehire you.

As far as the background investigation, that's more up Shooter's alley.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fillup87 View Post
                          For references you give them, by law they can only ask if you worked there and if they would rehire you.

As far as the background investigation, that's more up Shooter's alley.
                          Actually theythey (the institutions HR Office) can and do ask more than if you have just work there most of the time. The main OPM investigation really gets intrusive for some.

Comment

• Originally posted by stanford.west View Post
                            Does anyone know if being a federal corrections officer means your federal law inforcement ? And would it be way to transfer from bop to another law enforcement agency like cbp or ice or ATF etc. kinda need some info on bop. I'm looking to apply but I don't wanna be stuck in the position for ever.
                            I work for CBP and came over from BOP in 1992. Worked at USP Lompoc and MDC LA prior to transferring over to US Customs. We do get people that transfer over from BOP, TSA and other federal agencies. To answer you question, yes BPO is federal law enforcement and once you are in the agency it will me much easier for you to transfer to other federal and federal law enforcement agencies. I am presently a CBP supervisor in LA and I sit on the interview boards and we had a few guys recently that were applying from BOP

Comment

• Where do you get the ID holder that has the bop logo on the front with your prisons name with gold letters on the front

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Where do you get the ID holder that has the bop logo on the front with your prisons name with gold letters on the front

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                                Several institutions sell items like that through their employees club and some specialty shops like BOP Myers have similar items.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12192 users online. 473 members and 11719 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X