300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by in625shooter View Post
    FT Dix is rather large for a "stand alone" in fact I believe it has the most inmates of any single FCI. That being said they will hire frequently so hang in there and give it some time. Just because they hired a lot one or two months ago atrition is a constant thing. People get promoted or get non custody jobs all the time, especiall at places like FT Dix or FCC's which have a lot more staff.

Good luck

Fort Dix is under NYC locality pay. A lot of guys from FDC Philadelphia and FCI Fairton lateral over three bc they're usually less than an hour commute, and they make more money with the locality pay. It makes it very difficult for outsiders to get into. Not saying it's impossible, but I'd hate to see people waste preference # 1 when the odds are stacked against them.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnnyUtah1989 View Post
      Fort Dix is under NYC locality pay. A lot of guys from FDC Philadelphia and FCI Fairton lateral over three bc they're usually less than an hour commute, and they make more money with the locality pay. It makes it very difficult for outsiders to get into. Not saying it's impossible, but I'd hate to see people waste preference # 1 when the odds are stacked against them.
      ok good to know im changing to coleman asap
      officially sworn into the Us Marine Corps, going in with an 03 contract leave for bootcamp on January 9th

Comment

I will have to respectfully disagree. I have to go to Glynco for my lead instructor every couple years. There are always a lot of folks attending the basic class from FT Fix. While the laterals happen if it was that much of an epidemic the other places would be depleted. There are plenty of spots at Fix for brand new as well as current staff.

Can someone get in quicker somewhere else quicker? Yes but getting into Fix straight off the street isn't an unobtainable situation as it is to get hired into say FPC Pensacola.

Comment

• FPC Pensacola, I'm about a half hour from there and hours away from the next closest facility, I was definitely disappointed to hear about how impossible it is to go straight to that facility. I eventually changed my top choice to Coleman, I hope to work there for a couple years and transfer back home and work at P-Cola.
          Originally posted by in625shooter View Post
          I will have to respectfully disagree. I have to go to Glynco for my lead instructor every couple years. There are always a lot of folks attending the basic class from FT Fix. While the laterals happen if it was that much of an epidemic the other places would be depleted. There are plenty of spots at Fix for brand new as well as current staff.

Can someone get in quicker somewhere else quicker? Yes but getting into Fix straight off the street isn't an unobtainable situation as it is to get hired into say FPC Pensacola.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

• Anyone get referred yet from the new announcement? If so, What institution did you have down?

Comment

• Rant for today, out of all the custody levels I've worked,. I despise the a medium inmates the most. They are whiny Bitches.

Comment

• Do they need cheese for thir whine?

Comment

• If I'm willing to relocate, how easy is it to get a case manager position with a bachelors degree? Also, when can I apply - after I have one year in and nice on to a 6 step 2?

Comment

If I'm willing to relocate, how easy is it to get a case manager position with a bachelors degree? Also, when can I apply - after I have one year in and nice on to a 6 step 2?
                    On the case manager spit, it depends. A few folks have hired in as a case manager but that is iffy. Most are posted for internal canadates so that's what you have to watch, the "who's eligible" part. You might was to search on USA jobs at places like He long and Berlin or other places that seem to always have open spots across the board.

If you hire in as an Officer you go from a 5 step 1 to a 6 step 2 at the year mark (if hired as a 6 step 1 you go to a 7 step 3 at the year) they both will be a 7 step 3 at the end of year 2.

Case managers are 5,7,9,11 jobs so typically hire in at a 5 step 1 then go to a 7 then a 9 then an 11 at year increments.

Comment

On the case manager spit, it depends. A few folks have hired in as a case manager but that is iffy. Most are posted for internal canadates so that's what you have to watch, the "who's eligible" part. You might was to search on USA jobs at places like He long and Berlin or other places that seem to always have open spots across the board.

If you hire in as an Officer you go from a 5 step 1 to a 6 step 2 at the year mark (if hired as a 6 step 1 you go to a 7 step 3 at the year) they both will be a 7 step 3 at the end of year 2.

Case managers are 5,7,9,11 jobs so typically hire in at a 5 step 1 then go to a 7 then a 9 then an 11 at year increments.
                      Thank you. I read the requirements and I'm a bit confused. Will a bachelors degree with 24 credits in social sciences make you eligible or do you need some graduate studies/experience?

Comment

Thats strange. I thought you had to be a hack before you could be a case manager

Comment

• Originally posted by dox1842 View Post
                          Thats strange. I thought you had to be a hack before you could be a case manager
                          In most cases, unit team positions are hired internally from custody ranks. If a unit team position gets posted to the street, it's like an activation or nobody internally could BQ.

Comment

• Originally posted by fed2015 View Post
                            In most cases, unit team positions are hired internally from custody ranks. If a unit team position gets posted to the street, it's like an activation or nobody internally could BQ.
                            Gotcha. So it's one of those promotions that's hard to "chase" by jumping facilities?

Comment

• Originally posted by fed2015 View Post
                              Or political connections and the exec staff know/have someone in mind. The former Director (and the Warden that hired me) Harley Lappin hired in off the street as a case manager at Texarkana of all places.

Comment

• So my application status says referred, and my top choice is Coleman, does anyone know what the next step is and how long this might take?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10957 users online. 397 members and 10560 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X