300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by in625shooter View Post
    To tell you the truth I do t ever remember hearing anything about MDC LA. Its sort if kuje "Oh yeah they have one there" and that's about it. Knew a couple folks and Wardens at San Diego and they liked it, said it was a good experience but were fine moving on.

But LA, not really ever heard good or bad.
    Does anyone know if being a federal corrections officer means your federal law inforcement ? And would it be way to transfer from bop to another law enforcement agency like cbp or ice or ATF etc. kinda need some info on bop. I'm looking to apply but I don't wanna be stuck in the position for ever.

Comment

• It is law enforcement, probably the lowest on the totem pole though. My brother in law is a federal game warden and has coworkers that came from BOP. so I assume it looks good on your application when trying to go to another department with the feds.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by stanford.west View Post
        Does anyone know if being a federal corrections officer means your federal law inforcement ? And would it be way to transfer from bop to another law enforcement agency like cbp or ice or ATF etc. kinda need some info on bop. I'm looking to apply but I don't wanna be stuck in the position for ever.
        Yes, it's a federal law enforcement position. It's a "covered position" for law enforcement retirement which means that it stops your age clock.

Transfer is a misnomer. You will have status as a federal employee and experience that may be applicable to the KSAs for other federal LE jobs which will possibly make you more competitive. You will be able to apply to some announcements that may not be open to people who are not already a federal employee, but for the most part, you will be just another candidate competing for the other agency's position.

Comment

• Just like any job. If you are qualified for an 1811 based on law enforcement experience and education it could be a decent stepping stone into one, as well as a great career in itself.

Comment

• Originally posted by stanford.west View Post
            As others mentioned Yes BOP is a Fed LE Job (but your not kickingbin doors or anything exciting) you atebon the Fed LE retirement so your age stops, your covered by LEOSA etc.

Several BOP staff have transfered to Marshals, Air Marshals, BP, Customers, Capital Police you name it. Its all about the persons qualifications.

Comment

• Does everyone have that one guy at their facility that used to work for State, reminds you and the other staff how much tougher it was, overreacts to every little situation, and makes your ears bleed for 8 hours?

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnnyUtah1989 View Post
                Does everyone have that one guy at their facility that used to work for State, reminds you and the other staff how much tougher it was, overreacts to every little situation, and makes your ears bleed for 8 hours?
                We have state guys that think they were at a rough state joint (even though they had like 3murders at the state in like 25 years) until they see our 1-2 a year average then all the other assaults that there should have been a homicide..

This guys are everywhere. Then there ate the Navy Rangers and Call of Duty 3 commandos as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by in625shooter View Post
                  We have state guys that think they were at a rough state joint (even though they had like 3murders at the state in like 25 years) until they see our 1-2 a year average then all the other assaults that there should have been a homicide..

This guys are everywhere. Then there ate the Navy Rangers and Call of Duty 3 commandos as well.
                  For those who want a faster pace, go to a FCC with a USP or USP. I'm enjoying Camp cupcakes life lol. This after a Lil time spent at FCC Pollock. I'm a firm believer that CO'S should start in USP'S for at least a yr to two.

Comment

• im giving it till the end of april and if i fort dix doesnt call me for an interview im switching my preference to coleman
                    officially sworn into the Us Marine Corps, going in with an 03 contract leave for bootcamp on January 9th

Comment

• Does anyone know when FCC Beaumont is gonna pull lists. I got BQ'd for GL5 and tried calling the USP and the Low and didn't get an answer. Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by hexen220 View Post
                        im giving it till the end of april and if i fort dix doesnt call me for an interview im switching my preference to coleman
                        Highly unlikely that Ft. Dix is hiring soon. They had a huge hiring spree a few months ago.

Comment

• I believe you but when I called their Hr they made it seem like they'd be calling people soon

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
                          officially sworn into the Us Marine Corps, going in with an 03 contract leave for bootcamp on January 9th

Comment

• Originally posted by hexen220 View Post
                            I believe you but when I called their Hr they made it seem like they'd be calling people soon

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
                            FT Dix is rather large for a "stand alone" in fact I believe it has the most inmates of any single FCI. That being said they will hire frequently so hang in there and give it some time. Just because they hired a lot one or two months ago atrition is a constant thing. People get promoted or get non custody jobs all the time, especiall at places like FT Dix or FCC's which have a lot more staff.

Good luck

Comment

• Originally posted by kengorecore View Post
                              Does anyone know when FCC Beaumont is gonna pull lists. I got BQ'd for GL5 and tried calling the USP and the Low and didn't get an answer. Thanks in advance.
                              Most USP's are currently hiring entry level hacks.
                              Inmate: Why y'all treat us like criminals
                              Me: you really want an answer to that
                              Inmate: Man thats crazy CO

Comment

• Good to hear.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10879 users online. 365 members and 10514 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X