Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BOP Correctional Officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by kawninja1200 View Post
    I will be commuting 50 mins each way. I just received my firm offer. The only thing with my hour is there is never any traffic on my route.
    Ok how long did it take for you get an interview?

    Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    officially sworn into the Us Marine Corps, going in with an 03 contract leave for bootcamp on January 9th

    Comment


    • Originally posted by hexen220 View Post
      Ok how long did it take for you get an interview?

      Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
      Well I applied in November, but just missed the cutoff for the list that month. I had spoken to hr and they said they will pull another list end of January which they did and I had my interview shortly thereafter.

      Comment


      • If one was a gs-7 step 10 (15 years OTJ) and got promoted to a gs-8, would they automatically be at step 10?

        Comment


        • BOP Correctional Officer

          Originally posted by JohnnyUtah1989 View Post
          If one was a gs-7 step 10 (15 years OTJ) and got promoted to a gs-8, would they automatically be at step 10?
          I don't think so. Not sure how the "two step rule" works when you are at step 10.

          RUS 7-10 is $57,381. Closest without going under is RUS 8-8 at $57,631. RUS 8-9 is $59,109. My guess is you would go to 8-9.
          Last edited by fed2015; 03-20-2016, 12:58 PM.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by fed2015 View Post
            I don't think so. Not sure how the "two step rule" works when you are at step 10.

            RUS 7-10 is $57,381. Closest without going under is RUS 8-8 at $57,631. RUS 8-9 is $59,109. My guess is you would go to 8-9.

            Ok thanks. So the quickest you could be a gs-8 step 10 is probably 19-20ish years?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by JohnnyUtah1989 View Post
              If one was a gs-7 step 10 (15 years OTJ) and got promoted to a gs-8, would they automatically be at step 10?
              I believe that would take you to a 8 step 10. If not at least a 8 step 9 at worst. Been a while and I was maxed out as an 8 before my 9 and 11 LT and its been awhile. You don't start over at step 1 unless you go from say a 7 to an 11 drug treatment specialist etc.

              Unless you are at a stand alone OLD homestead joint most people won't take 15 years to get their 8, IF they do what they should be doing. (Like banging in sick when the names come out and they aren't on it and other juvenile stuff)
              Last edited by in625shooter; 03-20-2016, 01:08 PM.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by JohnnyUtah1989 View Post
                Ok thanks. So the quickest you could be a gs-8 step 10 is probably 19-20ish years?
                No, you can get Quality Step Increases (QSI) getting the next step increase before it was due, then you get the next one when it was due. Just a bump/perk whatever you want to call it.

                You get QSI's by getting Outstanding evals etc. An Outstanding doesn't garuntee a QSI but it can happen.

                I got a coupe QSI's and I believe I maxed out at a 8 step 10 in 9 years from the day I started BOP as a 6 step 1.

                Others have taken longer, others have been faster.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by in625shooter View Post
                  No, you can get Quality Step Increases (QSI) getting the next step increase before it was due, then you get the next one when it was due. Just a bump/perk whatever you want to call it.

                  You get QSI's by getting Outstanding evals etc. An Outstanding doesn't garuntee a QSI but it can happen.

                  I got a coupe QSI's and I believe I maxed out at a 8 step 10 in 9 years from the day I started BOP as a 6 step 1.

                  Others have taken longer, others have been faster.
                  Thank you. So without QSI- it would take 15+ years roughly for an 8 to hit step 10?

                  (If he gets promoted to an 8 of course)

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by JohnnyUtah1989 View Post
                    Thank you. So without QSI- it would take 15+ years roughly for an 8 to hit step 10?

                    (If he gets promoted to an 8 of course)
                    I think it would be a lot less than that but would have to check. If you search OPM web sight is step increases that should have your info. It also can have a Bering on how quick you make your 8 as well. I didn't make my 8 right away being at a stand alone USP and was a 7 step 10 but had well under 10 years in and was an 8 step 10 and oy had 2 QSI's.

                    OPM guidelines would help. You can google it.

                    Comment


                    • Is MDC Los Angeles a good place to work and what's OT and promotion potential look like


                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                      Comment


                      • From what I hear a lot of the Mdc's are pretty hard to get hired at.

                        Comment


                        • Why is that


                          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                          Comment


                          • They don't require as much staff as a large USP or a Complex. Look at the ones offering an incentive if you are wanting to get otj.

                            Comment


                            • I already have a start date


                              Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Rcplaneguy View Post
                                Is MDC Los Angeles a good place to work and what's OT and promotion potential look like


                                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                To tell you the truth I do t ever remember hearing anything about MDC LA. Its sort if kuje "Oh yeah they have one there" and that's about it. Knew a couple folks and Wardens at San Diego and they liked it, said it was a good experience but were fine moving on.

                                But LA, not really ever heard good or bad.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 7007 users online. 196 members and 6811 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X