Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They didn't do that before I was just wondering

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    officially sworn into the Us Marine Corps, going in with an 03 contract leave for bootcamp on January 9th

Comment

• Originally posted by fed2015 View Post
      That's just a renewal of the "open continuous". No different than all of the other open continuous announcements. Same process as before.
      Everyone has to re apply under the new announcement. They will usually purge the system and pull some lists at some places but not all so to still be considered one needs to reapply under the new announcment.

Originally posted by Bman4130 View Post
      Yeah after you answer the questions it tells you that immediately.
      Getting your rating back is a newer thing, When you apply to another BOP job as a BOP employee (for a promotion etc) you get nothing back telling you your rating until after the announcement closes. So some people have to tweak their application a couple times until they get it right to BQ. As a BOP employee On open continuous announcement you won't know until they actually pull a list and if your going for a LT spot at say ashland KY that has little movement you are lucky to even here anything for the bwhole year.

My point is people just trying to get in have it made compared to years ago.

Comment

• I just applied to the new announcement. I graduate in May with my BS. I put down FCC Beaumont TX. I am already a federal employee with over 5 years with the DOD. With all of this being said I got BQ'd, Do you guys think that I will get the call based on that? Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by kengorecore View Post
          I just applied to the new announcement. I graduate in May with my BS. I put down FCC Beaumont TX. I am already a federal employee with over 5 years with the DOD. With all of this being said I got BQ'd, Do you guys think that I will get the call based on that? Thanks in advance.
          With Beaumont as your choice I'm pretty sure you will get a call. They hire a lot.

Being in the Federal Service you shouldn't loose money (unless your like a GS 11 step 10 or higher. You will go to whatever grade they hire you in and to the step that is equivilant to what your DOD job is. A friend was a civil service tech with the Army guard and he started as a GS 6 step 10 when he came over.

Good luck

Comment

• Originally posted by in625shooter View Post
            With Beaumont as your choice I'm pretty sure you will get a call. They hire a lot.

Being in the Federal Service you shouldn't loose money (unless your like a GS 11 step 10 or higher. You will go to whatever grade they hire you in and to the step that is equivilant to what your DOD job is. A friend was a civil service tech with the Army guard and he started as a GS 6 step 10 when he came over.

Good luck
            Thanks for the advice man. I hope to get on. I am a GS3 Step 4 at the moment, so anything will be an improvement.

Comment

• just curious if i put in for Bastrop FCI would i get a call, well id like to work in NYC ( i live right outside the city in jersey) but i would not mind moving to texas
              Last edited by hexen220; 03-18-2016, 08:42 PM.
              officially sworn into the Us Marine Corps, going in with an 03 contract leave for bootcamp on January 9th

Comment

• Originally posted by hexen220 View Post
                just curious if i put in for Bastrop FCI would i get a call, well id like to work in NYC ( i live right outside the city in jersey) but i would not mind moving to texas
                Generally they go by your first choice. Now some places that are down on applicants might e mail those on nearby institutions that BQ and ask to change their preference but truth be told Bastrop will be a challenge to get on at. At least as far as off the street. Its a low and that means not a lot of spots and the location is nice.

If you want TX I would recommend Beaumont. Not that you can't get picked up at Bastrop, Seagoville FT Worth, Big Spring etc just Beaumont hires probably none class than the rest combined.

Comment

Generally they go by your first choice. Now some places that are down on applicants might e mail those on nearby institutions that BQ and ask to change their preference but truth be told Bastrop will be a challenge to get on at. At least as far as off the street. Its a low and that means not a lot of spots and the location is nice.

If you want TX I would recommend Beaumont. Not that you can't get picked up at Bastrop, Seagoville FT Worth, Big Spring etc just Beaumont hires probably none class than the rest combined.
                  so i guess its impossible to get NYC?? i really dont care but it would be nice or maybe even fort dix in NJ

Comment

so i guess its impossible to get NYC?? i really dont care but it would be nice or maybe even fort dix in NJ
                    Not impossible but both MCC Brooklyn and MCC New York are quirky at hiring. FT Dix is a large FCI and hire frequently, Fairton not sure.

Comment

Your best bet is FCI Danbuy. My buddy lives in Bergen a County and commutes there. They hire a lot. As shooter said, the NY joints are bizarre when it comes to hiring. Fort Dix just hired 20 and they're in the NYC pay scale, so I wouldn't list that. Good Luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnnyUtah1989 View Post
                        Your best bet is FCI Danbuy. My buddy lives in Bergen a County and commutes there. They hire a lot. As shooter said, the NY joints are bizarre when it comes to hiring. Fort Dix just hired 20 and they're in the NYC pay scale, so I wouldn't list that. Good Luck.
                        he commutes over an hour jeez....

Comment

he commutes over an hour jeez....
                          Isn't that an less than average time for that area? Having an ordeal everyday just getting to it leaving work don't sound fun.

Comment

Isn't that an less than average time for that area? Having an ordeal everyday just getting to it leaving work don't sound fun.
                            actually yea getting in and out of the city is about the same but thats just getting to Manhattan, if i took a train to Brooklyn, queens, far rockaway i dont even know maybe 1 and half, 2 hours and im literally 5 minutes from the George Washington bridge

Comment

actually yea getting in and out of the city is about the same but thats just getting to Manhattan, if i took a train to Brooklyn, queens, far rockaway i dont even know maybe 1 and half, 2 hours and im literally 5 minutes from the George Washington bridge
                              I like my 25 min drive with little traffic and am out in the country. That urban sprawl is not for me.

Comment

I will be commuting 50 mins each way. I just received my firm offer. The only thing with my hour is there is never any traffic on my route.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8637 users online. 477 members and 8160 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X