300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fed2015 View Post
    I use Google Chrome on the USAJobs website with no issue. I would try a different computer or try again tomorrow.
    ill call them
    officially sworn into the Us Marine Corps, going in with an 03 contract leave for bootcamp on January 9th

Comment

• How does the pay break down on overtime MW. Say I have MW tonight into Sunday what's the break down

Comment

• Hours worked from 6:00 pm to 6:00 am are paid 10% additional. Hours worked on a Sunday are paid 25% additional. Hours worked from midnight to 6:00 am and from 6:00 pm to midnight on a Sunday are paid 35% additional.

Comment

• Thanks. If anyone ever says the bop doesn't pay tell them stop being lazy and do overtime it pays pretty well

Comment

• Originally posted by P.I.D.I01 View Post
            Thanks. If anyone ever says the bop doesn't pay tell them stop being lazy and do overtime it pays pretty well
            You could say that about any job...

Some people choose to have a life outside of work.

Comment

• Originally posted by fed2015 View Post
              Hours worked from 6:00 pm to 6:00 am are paid 10% additional. Hours worked on a Sunday are paid 25% additional. Hours worked from midnight to 6:00 am and from 6:00 pm to midnight on a Sunday are paid 35% additional.
              It firgures out to 35% but on your L&E statement it will be broke down as 25 sund premium and 10% premium.

Originally posted by P.I.D.I01 View Post
              How does the pay break down on overtime MW. Say I have MW tonight into Sunday what's the break down

See above but on O/T you get nothing more but 1 1/2 times your base pay. No other premium pay is figured in to O/T.

Just don't get to use to the O/T. minimize your use of it or trust me you will be sorry. I have been at a high activity USP that became a complex for 16 years and have worked my share of O/T It is nice to pick up some money for that room remodel, your vehicle needs repaired or say your property taxes are coming up but DO NOT become depemdent on it for a Harley or Club Cab truck payment. I see those that do all the time and then whe it dries up (and it will dry up from time to time) you don't want to be That Guy.

Also you need your time away from here, minimize it and make your days off your days off. You will thank me when you have 16-20 years in and are not burnt out like your O/T hounds that HAVE to work it. Just sayin
              Last edited by in625shooter; 03-12-2016, 07:30 PM.

Comment

• I agree I do not work my days off

Comment

• how long does it take to hear back after you apply, i put in for some places in west bumble ****
                  officially sworn into the Us Marine Corps, going in with an 03 contract leave for bootcamp on January 9th

Comment

• Originally posted by hexen220 View Post
                    how long does it take to hear back after you apply, i put in for some places in west bumble ****
                    It use to depend on when the place you put in for pulled a list and then you would come back "referred" However.....you have to be rated Best Qualified (BQ'd) to get referred so if they come back with a Highly Qualified or anything else besides BQ you need to tweak your job experiences narrative.

Comment

• well i have veterans preference so i hope that helps

Comment

how long does it take to hear back after you apply, i put in for some places in west bumble ****
                        Depends on what institutions you out in for. If you put in for a standalone FCI or a camp, be prepared to wait a long time and possibly never hear anything. If you put in a for a complex or institution that hires continuously, you may hear something very soon. You can always call the institutions you selected and ask for HR and ask the HR person who answers if they plan to pull a cert any time soon.

Comment

• i put in for Fci Medota, and fcc Victorville because on the announcement it said there was a recruiting incentive so idk

Comment

i put in for Fci Medota, and fcc Victorville because on the announcement it said there was a recruiting incentive so idk
                            If you BQ'd, you'll likely hear something soon. If you BQ'd and have vet points, you'll likely be invited for an interview soon.

Comment

• I have 05 BQ and 06 HQ with the same answers? What's the deal?

Comment

• The higher pay grade requires a higher amount of experience. You're experience is apparently more than enough for the 05 level, but to be BQ for the 06, you would need more experience.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9604 users online. 361 members and 9243 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X