Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BOP Correctional Officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by kawninja1200 View Post
    Shooter can you explain how the annual and sick roster works? I should be getting my firm offer this week per HR.
    When your on Sick and Annual your days off, and shift change weekly, they usually try and keep you on the same shift and your days off are together. Expect to have a couple 9-10 day stretches. Being you have sun/min off and work tu-sat that week and the next week you work sun-thur. Everyone gets hit time to time.

    As a rookie though you change jobs every month and are on a training post. Then sometimes you will do a month of sick and annual. Then at the end of your year usually you would do a quarter or roster on sick and annual then will get in the rotation to bid by seniority on the job/shift and days off you want

    Comment


    • Thank you! I am going to be sending you a private message.

      Comment


      • Sometimes your shift changes daily if you get roster adjusted.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Rmodel1965 View Post
          Sometimes your shift changes daily if you get roster adjusted.
          And sometimes they change your shift during your days off and you return to work at the wrong time...

          Comment


          • Originally posted by fed2015 View Post
            And sometimes they change your shift during your days off and you return to work at the wrong time...
            How does that work if they don't tell you your shift changed?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by kawninja1200 View Post
              How does that work if they don't tell you your shift changed?
              Two options. One, you leave and come back at the new time. Two, you work the shift you were scheduled to work before they changed your schedule while you were off. If you have a spine, you get option two. If you missed the new shift as in the new shift started earlier than the original, they will have no option but to have you work the original shift. Their only other option is to write you up for missing a shift that you didn't have notice for and that would just make them look silly.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by kawninja1200 View Post
                How does that work if they don't tell you your shift changed?

                Behold they Joy of a Complex wide FCC roster.

                As a former LT they are suppose to call you, sometimes an incident happens and they get busy doing the packet, sometimes it is a lazy or ineptness. Complex rosters are challenging to say the least.

                If you are not contacted it is on them. They have to put you somewhere if you drive in. As far as they call you and ask where you are because they didn't call you to let you know they switched you to a shift before then if you can't make it in again its on them.

                If they try and blow you any grief rookie or not contact a Union representative ASAP.

                Comment


                • I keep hearing conflicting info what creds are issued at IF and how long till you start shadowing


                  Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Rcplaneguy View Post
                    I keep hearing conflicting info what creds are issued at IF and how long till you start shadowing


                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Just relax and let it happen...

                    What happens at other institutions may not happen at your institution. Information as to what happened at X institution a few years ago may not be applicable to what happens today.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Rcplaneguy View Post
                      I keep hearing conflicting info what creds are issued at IF and how long till you start shadowing


                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Like Fed2015 said let it happen.

                      Here is the deal, when it comes to IF and shadowing. Each institution is a little different and will vary from the next. What they can let happen at a low FCI might not be the best practice than at a USP so there might be a longer OJT period there than a low.

                      As far as the creditials, it don't matter what they give you. You are not legal for LEOSA until you get through Glynco and that's running around 6 months in right now. I am teaching an IF class in a couple weeks and if I remember I will ask but not really something thatatters much.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by fed2015 View Post
                        Two options. One, you leave and come back at the new time. Two, you work the shift you were scheduled to work before they changed your schedule while you were off. If you have a spine, you get option two. If you missed the new shift as in the new shift started earlier than the original, they will have no option but to have you work the original shift. Their only other option is to write you up for missing a shift that you didn't have notice for and that would just make them look silly.
                        They most likely wont write you up for missing a shift you werent notified about. This exact scenario happened to me the first month out of IF and I was freaking out and getting worried that the LTs were going to think I was a ****bag for showing up late. Unfortunately it happens all the time. I would make a habbit out of checking the roster program daily if you have a computer on your post. Even if you are assigned to a quarterly post they will move you or put you in training and not tell you. Another scenario that has happened to me is that I was scheduled to work 2-10 but they moved me to 4-12. I politely told the LT of the situation and they gave me overtime for the extra 2 hours that I worked.

                        Comment


                        • im trying to apply to the federal bureau of prisons and in the account creation the browser wont let me make it past step 1 anyone else have that problem?
                          officially sworn into the Us Marine Corps, going in with an 03 contract leave for bootcamp on January 9th

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by hexen220 View Post
                            im trying to apply to the federal bureau of prisons and in the account creation the browser wont let me make it past step 1 anyone else have that problem?
                            Try using a different browser...

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by fed2015 View Post
                              Try using a different browser...
                              ive tried all 3 multiple times
                              officially sworn into the Us Marine Corps, going in with an 03 contract leave for bootcamp on January 9th

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by hexen220 View Post
                                ive tried all 3 multiple times
                                I use Google Chrome on the USAJobs website with no issue. I would try a different computer or try again tomorrow.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 10165 users online. 444 members and 9721 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X