Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BOP Correctional Officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Thanks guys. When ordering the blue button down shirt from Myers- should I measure my chest and add on 1/2 inch to that number to play it safe?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Mike0027 View Post
      Hey guys...i'm starting at FCI Danbury next month..got my start date and all. The background check continues after I start? And its true that its more thorough than the initial eqip check?
      How long was your process? I also had Danbury as my first choice for a while but changed it last week.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by So Lowe View Post
        How long was your process? I also had Danbury as my first choice for a while but changed it last week.
        It's institution based. Some depends on you and part on HR. I interviewed in June of 14 and EOD Aug 14.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Mike0027 View Post
          Hey guys...i'm starting at FCI Danbury next month..got my start date and all. The background check continues after I start? And its true that its more thorough than the initial eqip check?
          I know someone who just passed his year this week and has still not been cleared by OPM. Then there are 2 guys from my IF class, neither with prior federal background clearance, whose backgrounds were cleared in 2 months from starting. I'm almost at 5 months and haven't even been contacted yet. I am wondering if having a previous federal clearance affects the order in which you are given an investigator and how fast you are processed.
          BOP 10/04/2015

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Capt_Falco View Post
            I know someone who just passed his year this week and has still not been cleared by OPM. Then there are 2 guys from my IF class, neither with prior federal background clearance, whose backgrounds were cleared in 2 months from starting. I'm almost at 5 months and haven't even been contacted yet. I am wondering if having a previous federal clearance affects the order in which you are given an investigator and how fast you are processed.
            NO, there are several factors. Your investigator could have a full plate, be a procrastinator or if you have Military and had a lot of different assignments/residences that could cause it to take longer.

            Look at it this way, no news is good news

            Comment


            • Mine took over a year to adjucate. I've held a TS, Secret and Public Trust. prior to

              Originally posted by in625shooter View Post
              NO, there are several factors. Your investigator could have a full plate, be a procrastinator or if you have Military and had a lot of different assignments/residences that could cause it to take longer.

              Look at it this way, no news is good news

              Comment


              • My advice for some of you new guys at FPC'S and FCI'S get a pen or Complex under your belt. You will gain so much more experience. My transition to a stand alone has been so much easier because of it. If you can make it at a PEN you can make it anywhere.

                Comment


                • I met with my investigator in April 2014 and havent heard a word since then. It was 3 months before my first day of work too btw. I have no idea whats taking so long. Supposedly we get an email when its complete.
                  Originally posted by in625shooter View Post
                  NO, there are several factors. Your investigator could have a full plate, be a procrastinator or if you have Military and had a lot of different assignments/residences that could cause it to take longer.

                  Look at it this way, no news is good news

                  Comment


                  • Conditional offer received

                    Comment


                    • Received my firm offer today.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by dox1842 View Post
                        I met with my investigator in April 2014 and havent heard a word since then. It was 3 months before my first day of work too btw. I have no idea whats taking so long. Supposedly we get an email when its complete.

                        You usually get an e mail. My 10 year several Yeats ago I got an e mail from my HR office, for my 15 year I got an e mail from Grand Prairie.

                        I would stop by HR and just inquire, could be done and you slipped through on getting notified or maybe they just are really bogged down in your area

                        Comment


                        • Hi everyone just curious I am currently with the DoD and have secured a SF 86 investigation last year with my current agency. For the BOP does security clearances transfer from agency to agency?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Munevo89 View Post
                            Hi everyone just curious I am currently with the DoD and have secured a SF 86 investigation last year with my current agency. For the BOP does security clearances transfer from agency to agency?
                            No, BOP uses a Public Trust background. That is a lot more intrusive than a DOD secret clearance.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Munevo89 View Post
                              Hi everyone just curious I am currently with the DoD and have secured a SF 86 investigation last year with my current agency. For the BOP does security clearances transfer from agency to agency?
                              You should have nothing to worry about. I was a 0083 with DOD I left Aug 2014 for BOP and haven't looked back. All your previous entries on E-QIP will still be in the system. Good Luck

                              Comment


                              • Are we allowed to order the BOP credential wallet from the Meyers before attending Glynco? Also- when do we receive our HR and DOJ IDs? Thanks.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 9981 users online. 452 members and 9529 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X