• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any one in ny processing yet

Comment

• Originally posted by ikebrav View Post
      Any one in ny processing yet
      If you mean processing in a prison in New York, yes I am in the process I finished everything the other day interview/test/fingerprints and so on. Just waiting on the letter from the institution giving me a conditional offer/eqip and for a drug test.

Comment

• Ok thanks i still havent heard any thing since getting my status changed to reffered so was wondering

Comment

Ok thanks i still havent heard any thing since getting my status changed to reffered so was wondering
          Status means nothing. I went 6 months "referred" until I got an OF 5 email about an interview.

Comment

Ok thanks i still havent heard any thing since getting my status changed to reffered so was wondering
            Hey I sent you a private message.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnnyUtah1989 View Post
              Last month, I was in the same boat as you. We left on with "I will contact you within a month and let you know if you're going to receive a COE." 4 days later, I received a COE and a date for my drug test/physical. I got the firm offer 4 days after the drug test.
              Thats awesome. I went through all the above steps in an 8 month timeframe

Comment

• Originally posted by dox1842 View Post
                Thats awesome. I went through all the above steps in an 8 month timeframe
                Yessir. I lucked out. My facility rarely hires non-vets. It seems like most people are getting DQd for credit. 3/4s of the folks interviewing with me got sent home for that.

Comment

• How do the Uniform polos fit? I'm a 6'2" male at 220lbs with relatively wide shoulders. Should I go with an L or XL? I'm generally nice and snug in most Ls.

Comment

How do the Uniform polos fit? I'm a 6'2" male at 220lbs with relatively wide shoulders. Should I go with an L or XL? I'm generally nice and snug in most Ls.
                    They run large. It's the BOP; everything will run large. I am 5'11" and 175 pounds and I wear a large in the uniform polos where I normally prefer and X-large in normal clothes.

I also only recommend getting the Cool Breeze Extreme polos from AD Meyers.

Comment

How do the Uniform polos fit? I'm a 6'2" male at 220lbs with relatively wide shoulders. Should I go with an L or XL? I'm generally nice and snug in most Ls.
                      You need to order a little big if you're gonna be at a usp sobe you have to account for the vest. I have the polo and the utility style I prefer the utility style personally. The xtreme breeze is definitely the way too go

Comment

What I would suggest (and I lived through the goat rope of the uniform cange and the QC issues all of them had back in 2008) Is buy one or two differetn styles (polo's and regular Blue Button up) from each of the 2-3 companies.

Personally I like Unitech (used to be suburban) they have always had good quality stuff and in 16 years I have never had any issues.
                        But that was just me. Others have had similar stories. It really is a Ford vs Chevy.

Comment

• Originally posted by kawninja1200 View Post
                          If you mean processing in a prison in New York, yes I am in the process I finished everything the other day interview/test/fingerprints and so on. Just waiting on the letter from the institution giving me a conditional offer/eqip and for a drug test.
                          What facility if you don't mind me asking. Was told they were having budget issues for the NY facilities.

Comment

• Sent you a private message!
                            Last edited by kawninja1200; 02-20-2016, 06:11 PM.

Comment

• Hey guys...i'm starting at FCI Danbury next month..got my start date and all. The background check continues after I start? And its true that its more thorough than the initial eqip check?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike0027 View Post
                                Hey guys...i'm starting at FCI Danbury next month..got my start date and all. The background check continues after I start? And its true that its more thorough than the initial eqip check?
                                Yes, the initial was just to see for any obvious showstoppers that would have not cleared. I have seen BG investigations get cleared as short as 2 months and take as long as 13 months after the person starts. You will be contacted by an OPM investgator (more than likely a contract investgator) for a face to face set down, they will ask you several questions etc. usually just to clarify anything etc.

As long as folks disclose EVERYTHING there usually isn't a problem. When I started years ago HR never went through asking as much and there were a ton of folks that were getting walked out at the 1,2,6 etc month mark. Now I think I have only seen 3 people get walked out over a background in the last 5 years and we have hired about 200 folks. Before we didn't hire than many and there was like one in every class.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14305 users online. 453 members and 13852 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X