300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JohnnyUtah1989 View Post
    Thanks. Any clue if FLETC is still 5-6 months backed up?
    They still have it to around the 6 month mark now. They ran behind since the semi GOV shutdown in Oct 2013 which caused them to cancel several classes. They were running to around 10-11 months for a short time but have finally gotton it down to the 6 months or maybe a little less. The way it is suppose to is everyone is suppose to be through it by their 60 day mark but that went out the window with budget issues as well as all the facilities they activated since the early 2000's.

Comment

• ill be going at about 5.5 months in mid march

Comment

• Had my interview, assessment, written part and filled out a ton of paperwork and fingerprinted. Was told I should hear in a week

Is that the norm?

Comment

• Originally posted by kawninja1200 View Post
          Had my interview, assessment, written part and filled out a ton of paperwork and fingerprinted. Was told I should hear in a week

Is that the norm?
          Within 50 to 80 days from the time they pulled the certificate which is generally with a day or so of when you received the OF-5.

Comment

• Originally posted by fed2015 View Post
            Within 50 to 80 days from the time they pulled the certificate which is generally with a day or so of when you received the OF-5.

No I completed all the above steps in one day The HR person said I should hear in a week or so if I will receive a conditional offer. Is that normal process or does that mean its a no go for being hired?

Comment

No I completed all the above steps in one day The HR person said I should hear in a week or so if I will receive a conditional offer. Is that normal process or does that mean its a no go for being hired?
              My answer is correct for the overall timeline...

If you passed everything and the HR person says you will be receiving a conditional offer, you should expect to receive one and should contact that person if you haven't received it in the time he/she stated you would receive it.

Comment

Last month, I was in the same boat as you. We left on with "I will contact you within a month and let you know if you're going to receive a COE." 4 days later, I received a COE and a date for my drug test/physical. I got the firm offer 4 days after the drug test.

Comment

• Nice!!!

Originally posted by JohnnyUtah1989 View Post
                  Last month, I was in the same boat as you. We left on with "I will contact you within a month and let you know if you're going to receive a COE." 4 days later, I received a COE and a date for my drug test/physical. I got the firm offer 4 days after the drug test.

Comment

I EOD in two weeks. In my firm offer, it states that I won't receive my first pay check until the middle of May (10 weeks after my first day OTJ). Is this common or probably a typo/error?
                    On the first day of IF they should set you up with direct deposit and add you into payroll, so you should get paid by the end of the 3rd week. It's kind of a crummy paycheck since there is no differential, but it gets better.

Originally posted by Rmodel1965 View Post
                    ill be going at about 5.5 months in mid march
                    I'll see you there man, March 14 I can't wait. It's also been a little over 5 months for me to get my Glynco date.
                    BOP 10/04/2015

Comment

• Can't Falco- that first check should include my $700 uniform allowance right?

Also- when should I most likely get my BOP email address (so I can order uniforms)?
                      Last edited by JohnnyUtah1989; 02-19-2016, 12:17 AM.

Comment

Can't Falco- that first check should include my $700 uniform allowance right?

Also- when should I most likely get my BOP email address (so I can order uniforms)?
                        $600 uniform allowance and it comes in a separate deposit from your paycheck and most people get it by the end of IF. You can have a BOP email on Day 1 if your computer services people are on it. I didn't have a BOP email address or my $600 when I ordered uniforms.

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt_Falco View Post

I'll see you there man, March 14 I can't wait. It's also been a little over 5 months for me to get my Glynco date.

I pm'd you

Comment

• Originally posted by fed2015 View Post
                            $600 uniform allowance and it comes in a separate deposit from your paycheck and most people get it by the end of IF. You can have a BOP email on Day 1 if your computer services people are on it. I didn't have a BOP email address or my $600 when I ordered uniforms.
                            How did that work? Did your institution give you a letter to send along with your online order verifying your employment?

Comment

How did that work? Did your institution give you a letter to send along with your online order verifying your employment?
                              I just ordered them and Galls shipped them.

Comment

The uniform company confirms with your HR that you are a BOP employee. That is why you have to state which institution you are at.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11265 users online. 377 members and 10888 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X