Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BOP Correctional Officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Anyone else in the the process with Herlong?

    Comment


    • Does a COE pretty much garuntee employment if you pass the drug/medical test?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by JohnnyUtah1989 View Post
        Does a COE pretty much garuntee employment if you pass the drug/medical test?
        Barring some odd thing going wrong, yes.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by fed2015 View Post
          Barring some odd thing going wrong, yes.
          Thanks. Are BOP officers allowed to join FLEOA and is there any point to it?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by JohnnyUtah1989 View Post
            Does a COE pretty much garuntee employment if you pass the drug/medical test?
            Originally posted by fed2015 View Post
            Barring some odd thing going wrong, yes.
            Thats not 100% a sure thing until you show up for your first day. Although rare they have cancelled or pushed back classes. I had a firm offer in writing and 3 days later was contacted and myself and 2 other folks that were suppose to start were told "Your still hired BUT" they had to (or wanted to) bring in 5 hires from El Paso TX as part of their spanish emmersion class. We were suppose to hire in NOV and got pushed back til April.

            They did away with that program but my point is it is the Government and anything can happen until you are in your first day of IF.



            Originally posted by JohnnyUtah1989 View Post
            Thanks. Are BOP officers allowed to join FLEOA and is there any point to it?

            I believe so but do not quote me. I know several folks that were SORT trainers with me belong to NTOA. As far as point, just for your personal satisfaction, no one in BOP cares and it is worth nothing at this time other than you getting contacts for down the road for any endeavers.

            Comment


            • Alright, got referred and did my OF-5 today. I called to schedule an interview, but didn't get anyone today.

              My question is, will they allow me to do any part of the hiring process near me? I ask because there's a facility about an hour from me, but my application is in at a facility about 16 hours from me.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Fillup87 View Post
                Alright, got referred and did my OF-5 today. I called to schedule an interview, but didn't get anyone today.

                My question is, will they allow me to do any part of the hiring process near me? I ask because there's a facility about an hour from me, but my application is in at a facility about 16 hours from me.
                It's called a courtesy interview and it's possible as long as both facilities are willing to do it.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by fed2015 View Post
                  It's called a courtesy interview and it's possible as long as both facilities are willing to do it.
                  Okay. Hopefully I can find out something tomorrow. It would be a real pain to travel that far for the interview, especially if it isn't all completed in one day.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by P.I.D.I01 View Post
                    I would imagine since GL8 is hard to come by that it is hard to get into the SIS or any of these other special teams
                    If you want your GL8 fast work critical posts such as control, SHU OIC, main corridor on DW. Most of the admin staff work on DW and it's the best way to get your "name and face" out there. If you work on EW or MW it could take years before you get your GL8. Unfortunately with the BOP finding contraband, doing shakedowns, and writing shots are not the best approach to getting a promotion.

                    Comment


                    • I just finished my e-quip and they wanted all of my supervisors personal addresses? That's very difficult. I listed personal phone numbers and address of place of employment. Hopefully that's sufficient.

                      Comment


                      • I got emailed to complete the OF-5 today. It also says to call HR to setup and interview. Anyone else get the email?

                        Comment


                        • How do meals work? Can you bring your own tubberware and only eat at designated times/areas? I'm sure each facility is slightly different...

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by JohnnyUtah1989 View Post
                            How do meals work? Can you bring your own tubberware and only eat at designated times/areas? I'm sure each facility is slightly different...

                            On Days Mon-Fri you can eat in the OM for a nominal fee around $2.00. Or bring your own. You can bring whatever in just no metal silverware (and yes some staff are that stupid)

                            As far as eating custody you don't get a sit down so you eat whenever you can. And if you get something from the OM it is a grab and go situation.

                            Comment


                            • Okay. So we're allowed to eat while on post?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by JohnnyUtah1989 View Post
                                Okay. So we're allowed to eat while on post?
                                Yes, as custody staff you are paid for 8 hours, you do not have a beak like non custody. Don't know to many people that go 8 hours without eating.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 6734 users online. 173 members and 6561 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X